Grand Elysee Hotel Hamburg
  • Breakfast included
US$116
US$109
NH Hotels
Apartment-Hotel Hamburg Mitte(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$101
US$195
Travelocity
  • Pool
Ibis Budget Hamburg City(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$103
ibis Budget
US$184
US$126
2,042 results
All reviewsgreat hotelpiazza romanadammtor train stationspa area isbusiness and pleasurestar hotellarge hotelrooms are spacioussteam roomgood sizevery pleasant staybreakfast buffetminute walkthe hotel offersreception areabusiness tripcity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Very professional service, they always try to satisfy you.
the best breakfast i had in germany so far
rooms are spacious and well equipped
it is located on a road in walking distance to the train station and several good restaurants are nearby.
i can only recommend the hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I booked this hotel though a special offer - at around 90 GBP for one night (excluding breakfast - we went out for a lovely breakfast buffet at Alex in the Alsterpavilion instead for 8 euros per person). We had a lovely time and it was as described in the reviews here. Rooms were spacious, bathroom nice (shower not bath though & difficult to keep water off the floor!), bed excellent (though with 2 single person duvets, as is usual in Germany), nice little touches like bathrobes, a couple of apples and a small bottle of mineral water out for us, and also access to the spa for no extra cost. Internet in the room appeared to be free, too. The style of the hotel - quite 80s/90s American and well suited to conferences - we found really good fun, as we don't usually stay in places like this. There are (small) parrots in the lobby, millions of rooms, seemingly four different restaurants inside and on the Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon we were there, there were musicians playing in the lobby.

Overall I would say it is definitely a good option for people looking for a safe bet, and, if like us, you are not used to hotels like this, romantic (in a certain way) at a decent price.

The location was just right for us - within walking distance of the Binnenalster, near to Dammtor station. Lots of buses go here. You can also walk to St Stephen's which is just south of Dammtor and on some extra lines.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This was our hotel for a 1 night stay in Hamburg. I had originally opted for a different hotel till I found a great deal on this 1. Its not exactly smack in the city centre but it isn’t far off, & there is a train station right at the end of the road which is 1 stop to Hamburg Central Station. Staff at the front desk were very helpful& friendly. The room was spacious (probably because we had a corner room overlooking the road, but it wasnt noisey), & had all the amenities like a mini bar, safe, shower/bath, desk, TV with satellite& Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi was surcharge). I didn’t use any of the spas or the pool but I did go to the bars& 1 of the restaurants on the ground floor. Very good food, maybe a bit pricey, but you get a good amount. I would definitely come back here again if I could get some sort of the same good deal, I can see it being expensive any other time. Also had a great sleep, the bed was very comfy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Khristophoros
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed while my husband was at a business conference. The hotel is clean, and the rooms ok, only a couple of channels in English on the TV and as I was a 'conference wife' I used the spa one time. Had a treatement involving a full body massage and was a bit un nerved with a man who told me that the treatement was 'nude'. Anyway, got around that one, there is a swimming pool here also which is good and also a steam room and jacuzzi. The room was never made up until after 2pm which when coming and going was not that convenient. The foyer restaurants are ok, but the menu's limited, we went out and about instead. The hotel is near(ish) to the centre (about 10 minutes) and right near to the conference centre. I would say that the hotel is overall good but the housekeeping did annoy me a tad as I would hope it was carried out when I was out in the morning. It would be great to have a few more TV channels in English too. Also, there was NO BATH in our room, only a shower. And, to be stereotypically English, no kettle and mugs. We also noticed that there is a separate bulb behind each room numer lightint it up, environmentally not that great. We had issues turning the TV on and breakfast is charged at 20 Euros here, which I think is a lot.

Room Tip: There are rooms with balconies, I would ask for one. #
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Globetrotters1010
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Nice hotel with a great location. Very nice Spa and great breakfast. The Brasserie Flum at the hotel is very ordinary, a bit of a letdown. Quiet and clean room but the hotel feels a bit old and dated, an ordinary 4 star but, in my opinion, not worthy of 5 stars.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo