“Everything perfect”

Grand Elysee Hotel Hamburg
Ranked #6 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Spacious rooms, perfect service, close to the city center and main railway station. Lake is also very close as well as the most tourist attractions. Equally meets business and tourist needs. Staff is very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,980)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

What an absolutely awesome hotel. The corner rooms are superb, the beds the most comfortable I've slept in and the sound proofing works 100% - but not at the expense of the views.

Breakfast is a veritable banquet and runs from seven to eleven - great for all us late risers. We booked directly and didn't have to give any credit card details - which is a real bonus if you wworry about online security as I do.

Not the cheapest place in the world - but surely one of the best !

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet and bright with light from two sides.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy G
Reviewed 9 June 2014

What a brilliant hotel.
Stayed for two nights with my sons and a friend for my stag do.
I'm in the industry so I know good service when I see it and the service at the hotel was excellent, 5 star.
Spacious clean room.
All the facilities are great and I had the most amazing Club Sandwich
Thanks to Lothar and the team hope to see you soon

Room Tip: When in Hamburg stay here!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at the Grand Elysee for a conference in March 2014. The room was very clean and well arranged, the WIFI was a little slow, but this is often the case in large hotels, and as it was free i was that concerned. The city is actually quite compact have had a chance to see some of the sites.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel after a short flight from the UK. Check-in was very friendly and efficient with the lady on the desk providing me with plenty of information for my stay.

After leaving my luggage in my clean, very spacious room, I went back downstairs for lunch. I chose an open sandwich which was fantastic - well presented and with plenty of flavour. The cake selection was too tempting so I gave in to my sweet tooth.

I had a few hours to work in my room which was clean and very quiet. The free wifi was fine but I did have to pay the small price to secure the higher speed. The mini-bar was lacking in soft drinks (only Coke) but you can't have everything.

The bed was very comfortable and the spacious bathroom was also excellent.

Overall my stay at the hotel was very pleasurable and I'd be happy to stay there again, but next time for exploring the city.

If you find my reviews useful, please let me know by giving me a helpful vote.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kai G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay at the Grand Elysee once a year for an international travel catering expo. Reception are very friendly and helpful, last visit I left my shaving kit at home, asked if they could help and within half an hour I had a shaving kit delivered to my door. The bars are very good and staffed well and the restaurants serve what I consider the best hotel food I have had. The bed rooms are first class and I am not the only person to think this way as most of the residents are exhibitors and return year after year. I would highly recommend this hotel and looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Any room all good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights here on a business trip. The term "Grand" certainly applies to this hotel, it is very big. Service is great and so are the facilities. Really nothing to complain about at all. It is a little old fashioned and boring, so if you're after something hip/cool/design/etc, this is not the hotel for you. Otherwise, absolutely fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business