I stayed one night on 1 January 2012 whilst passing through Hamburg and I'd go back.
- Location. Directly opposite Hamburg Hauptbahnhof so if you're travelling by train it's perfect. I left reception at 09:01 and was standing on Platform 5 for the train to Copenhagen at 09:03. No exaggeration. Couldn't be closer.
- Room. Was in 238. It was great. I received a free upgrade to a Comfort category room which was very welcome. A separate sitting area, a walk in wardrobe and changing area, big clean bathroom, comfy bed. Slept well.
- In room safe
- Free wi-fi worked well
- Clean. Not modern in a new trendy way but the fixtures and fittings weren't tired, nothing was chipped or dirty and everything worked.
- Spa / pool / sauna / water slide. I used all of these facilities and they were great. Three separate saunas - 90, 75 and 55 degrees, plunge pool, steam room, swimming pool, spa, rest area with comfortable lounges, clean modern changing rooms and a long water slide that's great fun. There's also simulated golf and a gym on the top floor but I didn't use them.
- Breakfast. A wide selection of hot and cold. Up to standard breakfast buffet for a four star hotel and included in the room tariff.
- There's also a restaurant on site but didn't go there for dinner.
None for me. The hotel has I think been substantially modified over the years (in the same family ownership for nearly 100 years) and if you had mobility problems stairs in some areas might be tricky. But lifts were fine and everything was great for me. Red light district is behind the hotel but it's tame.
Recommended for an overnight stay or a longer stay in Hamburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in comfortable, timelessly decorated rooms. Enjoy your breakfast at the stylish Hanseatenraum decorated with lots chrome, warm colours, dark panels and elaborate objects with Swarovski crystals. Or breathe Hanseatic tradition in the Hamburger Restaurant. Eat at the rustic and yet elegant restaurant Paulaner´s offering typical German and international dishes. Feel like James Bond at the Flaggen-Bar and its fifties look. Let the chandeliers in the staircases remind you of the seventies. The Hotel Europäischer Hof Hamburg proves that good design is never out of style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Europaeischer Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Europaeischer Hof Hotel