“Good value for money”

Hotel Europaeischer Hof
Ranked #40 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Located in avery busy area close to the railway station. I got a quiet room in the upper floors overlooking the Theater next door, thus very calm. Very helpful staff, modernist breakfast room. The railway station area around the hotel is not very beautiful....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Europaeischer Hof

Reviewed 14 August 2012

If you are visiting Hamburg you can't go wrong with this hotel, great breakfast, free travel pass and the best spa I have come across. The location is good but with every main line station ( just opposite ) you can get problems with homeless people. However that is a very small price to pay for such a great hotel and the best bit is you can use the Spa after you check out right until you leave for home.

Room Tip: For a quieter room ask for the 5 floor at the back of the building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012 via mobile

A good hotel if you're visiting central Hamburg. The property is opposite the main train station and close to the main city areas. The service is to the usual German high standards and the rooms are very clean if a little sterile.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Great Hotel, excellent breakfast, great central location, just walk across the road to use the trains, Hotel provides a free train pass although we were never asked for it, you can just hop on hop off a great way to see the city. Enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My boyfriend was supposed to go to Hamburg on a business trip for a week so since I was going to join him i needed to choose a hotel that was convenient for his work and my pleasure for his company to book. Based on trip advisor reviews this hotel fit the bill perfectly. There's free internet and the speed was quiet fast too with stable connection.
The location is just great: right opposite the central train station. There are lots of restaurants around so you get to have choices. The hotel does have a restaurant too buh we didn't eat there except occasional morning room service we ordered and the variety was great too serving both hot and cold plates.
For me the best part was the water slide: AMAZING!!!! There were lots of families on vacation at the time as well as business folks so it does draw a mixed crowd which is a good thing. Staff are very friendly and helpful, quick to make your stay more fun. Although the train station is right opposite the windows are double glazed so you can have your beauty rest without any disturbances. The little downside though is there's no air condition and since we visited early September it was quite warm and we had to keep the windows open for fresh air allowing noise to come in.
In all we both enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TrueScout
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed at the Europaeisher Hof May 12 to May 28 2012. I was on the QM2 with my Dad when he choked on some food at dinner and lst oxygen to his brain. He needed to be transported to a hospital in Hamburg. We were already booked at the Europaeischer for 2 days and were to travel to Amsterdam after that stay. When I arrived at the Europaeischer and told them I might need to stay for a few more days at first I was told they were sold out later in the week. When I told the manager the story she told me I could stay as long as I needed. The staff was wonderful helping me figure out how to get to the hospital and with any other thing I needed. The hotel itself has a beautiuful 5 story spa with an eternity pool, whirlpool, steam room, several saunas, a squash court, exercise room and virtual golf. It also features a cafe and small shope for bathing suits and spa items. The breakfast buffet 9which is included) has anything a traveller could want. Omelets, any type of eggs, juices, breakfast meats, an assortment of breads, rolls and croissants. It is in the best area for transportation - across for the Central Station. There is shopping nearby and tour buses stop right across the street. I was so fortunate to have been booked at this hotel. Hamburg is a great city - I plan to go back and will definately stay at the Europaeisher Hof. I forgot about the 6 stort slide - lots of fun.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank heven214
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in June 2012. I travel very frequently for business and most of the time I forget immediately the hotels I stay in, as they usually are very "flat". This one wasn't. It is an old hotel, seems to have been recently renovated, and maintains some of its charm. The bar looks like its coming straight of the 70s, there is a smokers lounge with painted walls, the service young competent and cheerful (a good plus). The breakfast was of a very good standard and the breakfast room very large and well organized. The weather during my stay was gloomy but I suspect that during sunny days the terrace on the 1st floor and the water slide running the height of the whole building(!!) must be a treat.

I definitely recommend. Looking at the photos posted by other reviewers, I must note I may have been lucky with the room as mine was large and in very good condition. 502

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business