I've stayed at this hotel twice on business, the first time in a suite and the second was a smaller room (think it's called Classic room). First impressions were really good, beautiful setting, stylish and really nice rooms. Reception staff were also friendly and helpful, especially when they couldn't find my reservation during my first stay (I think that's why they gave me a suite - as they had no idea what was really booked!). Breakfast was also varied and nice.
The hotel is very far from the city centre so don't stay here if you want to be central. There's also no gym although they might have a pool (not sure though).
What I didn't like about the hotel was:
1. The restaurants. There are 2 in this hotel and believe it or not, neither of them serve a vegetarian main course. I did try one of the restaurants and had a fish meal once which was really nice, but as I'm not a big fish fan I had to take a taxi to a nearby mall and eat there on my other nights! For a 5 star hotel, they didn't even offer to make me something vegetarian even though they were aware of my request. I also had a virgin daiquiri which was disgusting.
2. Nothing is written in English. I understand that the hotel's in Germany but come on - they can't expect all guests to speak German! Honestly, nothing in reception is in English and the leaflets in the rooms are all in German, except the limited room service menu which has an English translation.
3. No iron in the rooms and no irons available to do your own ironing. I found this appalling as they expect you to pay them to iron your clothes, and it's not exactly cheap either. The second time I went, I took my own travel iron!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The vibrant Hanseatic city of Hamburg is as attractive for business as holiday travellers. In our 128 individually designed rooms and suites with floor-to-ceiling windows you will feel perfectly comfortable and experience Hamburg with all its facets. Every room and every suite has its own personal charm due to generosity and love for detail, finest materials and contemporary art. In the privately run Hotel Lindtner you will experience a great style of interior design and hospitality in conformity with nature. Take a look at our latest arrangements and look forward to a relaxing and comfortable rest time. Free WiFi, Sky Bundesliga and Sky Sport News are available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Privathotel Lindtner Hamburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindtner Hotel Hamburg