The Madison Hamburg
Travelocity
US$151
Preferred Hotels
1,132 results
All reviewssmall kitchenetteloft roomportuguese quarterrubber duckgreat hotelmichael's churchnespresso machinehotel restaurantwithin walking distanceappointed roomshotel guestshafen cityminiatur wunderlandminute walk from the hotelshort walkhotel is modernquiet location
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This is a very modern state-of-the art hotel catering for families, couples and business travellers. It is located close to the Landungsbrücke in the center of the old city. The rooms are big, spotlessly clean, and beautifully furnished in 'Nordic' style. Lovely bathroom. Small kitchenette with coffee/tea provided for free. Breakfast is not included (18,50 Euroes - big buffet), but you can get a bun or a croissant delivered to your room for 0,8 or 1 Euro respectively.
The staff is very efficient, friendly and helpful.
The bar is well stocked and attended by competent staff. Drinks are served inside as well as outside the building. Parking is possible, but expensive.
There is a big, modern spa in the building adjoining the hotel. Access is free of charge between 7 and 12 AM (from 9 on weekends). The spa charges high fees for rental of towels and slippers. Bring the bath robe from your room, rent a towel cheaper at the hotel front desk, and bring slippers or beach sandals from home. The gym is airy and has a huge selection of equipment. The spa area includes a small heated pool, a whirlpool and saunas. OBS: Bathing suit is NOT allowed in whirlpool and saunas, and is not required in the pool either!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SorenLotte
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The service was very good, the staff was very helpfull with questions and favours I had to ask them ... They made you feel welcome, rather than only a random guest ... Additional great service: Washing machine and dryer free of charge

Room very nice, big, and equipped with a basic kittchen ...

Will be back for sure

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel.
On both ocassions, reservations were managed by our local office as we get a corporate rate.
The rooms are big and nicely appointed. Big bedroom/living room and a big, clean and confortable bathroom. It has a flat tv, mini-fridge and a very nice stereo yoiu can use anytime.
Attention to details in the common areas and the rooms show. Since the weather was nice we made good use of the open-air sidewalk restaurant by the hotel whicj is also very nice.
The staff is very efficient and always a smile on their face.
Very recommendable for short or long stays in Hamburg.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jbdflyer
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed 3 nights for business and found it to be a great option for both business or leisure travel. The rooms are large with nice amenities (like a kitchenette) and the meeting spaces worked well. It is a short walk to many good restaurants - though we only tried the hotel's restaurant for breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All in all - a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I've stayed at several hotels in Hamburg and the Madison is by far the best. My wonderful weekend started with check-in at 11:45 am on Friday afternoon. I had planned to check my bag and then come back later to check in at 3:00 pm, but the very nice man at reception told me that my room was already ready. Then to my extreme delight, I found that instead of the regular loft room that I had reserved, they had given me the Hampton Loft with a four-poster bed! Since my partner was joining me the next day for a romantic weekend, it was a wonderful surprise! The room was very spacious, and spotlessly clean. The kitchenette had an espresso maker (Nespresso) and an electric kettle (can also get a coffee machine from Housekeeping, but we were happy with the espresso machine. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant, but did have breakfast. Very, very good - including made-to-order pancakes and excellent fresh fruit salad and quite reasonable at €15.50 per person. Every single staff peron that we came in contact with was extremely friendly, polite and helpful. I cannot say one negative thing about this hotel and I will never stay anywhere else in Hamburg.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple