Novum Hotel Eleazar Hamburg City Center
US$150
US$139
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral stationgreat central hotelenjoyed staying at this hotelcleaned every daywithin walking distancesmall hotelfirst floorbreakfast includedwould stay here againthe main shopping areathe wi fistreet noisecomfortable rooman upgradefew minutes walkgermanwc
Reviewed 19 October 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at Eleazar Novum for 3 nights during October. We both found the hotel very nice and our room was quite comfortable. It was new, clean and quiet. The breakfast was very good and and was very varied. The location is perfect - 200m from the central station. On the other side of the station you reach the shopping area and by walking 5 minutes you reach the townhall and Alster area.
The staff was very polite and helpfull. And it was definitely a plus that we were able to store our bags at the hotel both the day we arrived and also after check-out.
We would definitely stay there again another time..

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2008

I stayed here for 4 nights. While the room was compact, it was reasonable in size compared to some other single rooms I have had. However, I found it very very hot (no air conditioner in a hot summer) and very noisy (although not the fault of the hotel but from a building across the way). As a result I really struggled to sleep -- do I keep the window closed and suffer badly from the heat, or open the window and marginally suffer a little less from the heat but then affected by the noise? While the area is a bit sleazy, I never felt threatened or concerned for my well-being. Breakfast was just OK, and the breakfast room was always too crowded and often it was difficult to get a table. Only positive I can recall was the computer in a little room off reception that allowed free internet connection.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 April 2007

I stayed at Eleazar Novum during last november for the first night of
staying in Hamburg for the Eisbein Essen (no rooms available in my favourite hotels).

My experience hasn't been exactly nice...The room was hawful, bad furnished, not perfectly clean and don't mention the noise into my room besides the elevator. The staff was not particularly helpful, sometimes they were looking careless, and also my request to find the
address of a very central restaurant seemed impossible to be satisfied. Let's say that my standard is a little bit higher, but even if you don't care about luxury at least you want to have a good sleeping and a well cleaned room. I don't think i will back there in the future....

Stayed: November 2006
7  Thank Stefano1969
Reviewed 7 February 2007

I really liked this hotel. Wasn't too sure about it on reading reviews but when we landed we were pleasantly surprised. It's a small hotel, quite compact but really clean. The rooms are quite small but they were fully equiped. They didn't have tea and coffee making facilities but on reading other reviews i believe you could get this on request. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The hotel is right beside the main train and bus stations and it is really easy to get around. The main Reeperbaan area is just about 6 stops on the train. and there are many restaurants and pubs close by. The breakfast was also good. I would defintely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank H&TDublin
Reviewed 25 July 2006

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE SAME HOTEL AS HOTEL OLDENBURG SAME ENTRANCE SAME ADDRESS, Check both !!
Think they have 2 diff star ratings as the new part is a 3 star and the old is a 2 star didnt matter on my stay though rooms seemed the same !!!!
Anyway I stayed in the old part of the hotel, the new rooms seem to come with refurb on the bathroom front, maid service great!!
Nice staff very friendly and helpful 5 mins walk from the main train station where u have all connections you need via buses to the airport (airport express) 5 euros I think
Trains to Lubeck etc
Hautbahnhoff is a MAJOR underground station as well all lines seem to serve here. St pauli, harbour, reeperbahn only 10 mins by underground.
Main train station has lots of food outlets from sushi to burger king anything you want.
Area is a bit seedy, some prostitutes on the corner near the hotel.
Dont let this bother you this place is a bargain. would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Tractorfactor