“Quiet charming hotel close to city and Alster”
Review of Hotel Miramar

Hotel Miramar
Ranked #167 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
Ceret, France
“Quiet charming hotel close to city and Alster”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had a small double room on my own, for the price of a single room, situated on the high ground floor (hohes Erdgeschoss) with small terrace over the garden very quiet and cool, during my stay it was very hot and sunny in Hamburg, the hotel is very well situated in a quiet street in the beautiful Alster district, easy walk to te shops and restaurants

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on my own, in a single room. and the room really was a single. It was minute. I had difficulty working (on my knee on my bed!). Oddly staff were unable to equip me with any hangers for my clothes either. The hotel is quite a walk from the main areas of Hamburg but in a pretty, safe area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Derby
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and I really enjoyed my stay. I had a room on the ground floor and it was very quiet- I didn't even hear my other neighbours. The area of the hotel is near a canal and is within walking distance to a U-bahn station and several bus lines. I could walk to/from the hauptbahnhof in 20-25 minutes.

The staff speak english, one member of staff spoke particularly good english. They were always helpful and efficient. I don't generally stay in chain hotels- I like places like this because they have character and other guests/staff have time to chat with you about their life and adventures and so I don't miss the trappings of the bigger hotel chains. The room was quiet and comfortable, the staff were friendly and wanted you to enjoy your stay in their city and the breakfast was nice (including boiled eggs) and I found everything that I needed. WIFI is available for a modest charge.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ClaudesMum
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Hotel location very good,nearby shoping road,good for tourist who want to spend some houers after buisness/tours.Many restarants nearby,on main road,no problem to get taxi any hour,staf do not speak english,the building is an old building so room size are big,but...room carpet is very durty and give very bad filing ,even if the room is cleaned every day.simply disgusing!!!.nearby are many other hotels.
We booked via e-long,and there was revew from this site which were not real revew but mor "orderd revew".
Advise: do not book this hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank yosi55
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2006

The hotel advertises itself a a ' little taste of England in the heart of Hamburg'- certainly the owners are charming and helpful English people but the room we were in had a distinct 'colonial' feel with rattan furniture and bamboo 4 poster beds- so not sure if this is the type of England we would want, having been a citizen from a previous British colony ourselves! The room we were in was clean and the bed comfortable. Breakfast was the most basic of the 5 small hotels/guesthouses we stayed in during our 10 day tour of Germany, the breakfast had little choice. Perhaps a good hearty English breakfast might have made the hotel's description of a little taste of England more accurate! This is a B & B rather than a hotel. However for the price and centrality, it is probably suitable for most people. There are rooms on the ground floor- useful for people with mobility access but then do ask for a shower cubicle or you would still need to climb into a bath!

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
6 Thank ScottishPrincess
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 December 2002

Very friendly family-run hotel close to the east bank of the Outer Alster. Rooms vary in size and decor, but very tasteful and comfortable nonetheless. Super breakfast buffet, but no ham and eggs due to peculiar German regulations. Public transport connections ideal for exploring the whole of Hamburg. Tip: ask the proprietor (he serves breakfast for you!) for special information about how to get where.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 July 2002

Stayed at this hotel on my lasy visit to Hamburg.

It is somewhat small as are the rooms. My room only had a shower and no bath (I prefer to have both). The breakfasts are limited in range.

The location is not too bad being close to the outer Alster and a bus stop within a few minutes walk.

It is a art nouveau style building which is quite nice and a bit different to the modern, could be anywhere, type of hotel.

Overall a little too small and basic for my tastes but I'm sure those who like this type of accommodation would be quite happy here.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member