“Hotel Rating”

GreenLeadersGold level
Abuja, Nigeria
“Hotel Rating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

always a thoroughly enjoyable experience each time I stay in the hotel. Excellent location and proximity to all places of interest in Hamburg. Very convenient transportation hub by the hotel entrance makes movement in and out of the hotel second to non.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Radisson_HH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your amazing review and for having chosen to stay with us again while visiting Hamburg! It’s a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience in the hotel, as well as our central location.

See you next time!
Warm regards from Dammtor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The Hotel is cold and modern. The service is poor and unfriendly and when i wanted to go to the the Trader Vics Restaurant a brilliant Asian Restaurant, i vited on my last trip to Hamburg they told me that its closed down but i could get as well some spring rolls up in their Italian Restaurant?! Well thanks no! The room was as well not really clean dust and hairs in the bathtub.Next day morning i went to breakfast which was way to expensive and again service was unfriendly food lukewarm and i was happy when i was out again. Just disappointing

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Radisson_HH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and would like to offer our sincerest apologies on behalf of the entire team. We are deeply sorry that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. Please be advised that this is not our normal standard and we will make sure to address your room challenges, as well as your feedback concerning our breakfast buffet in Filini Restaurant with the appropriate department heads. At the Radisson Blu Hotel we always strive for 100% Guest Satisfaction and are truly sorry that we were not able to achieve this in your case. In the future, please do not hesitate to address any issues with us directly, so that we can find a solution immediately. We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove that we can be your perfect host in Hamburg.

Your,
Radisson Blu Hotel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We had an overnight stop in Hamburg after a long haul trip from Australia. This hotel was perfect for that as it is located above the Convention Centre, only about 20 metres from the entrance to Dammtor Station.

The rooms were modern, fresh and well equipped. The hotel was quiet, which was a godsend as I needed to sleep!

There is not much to the hotel, and as far as I could see, not a lot in the immediate vicinity other than fast or convenient foodstuff, but the centre of town was a 3 minute walk away with food and shops aplenty and the harbour not that much further. We ate at the restaurant which, while not being fantastic, was more than adequate for what we wanted.

Staff were efficient rather than effusive, but more than willing to assist if you asked/needed anything.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PickyLadyJ
Radisson_HH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. We are glad that you chose to stay with us while visiting Hamburg and are delighted that you were able to enjoy our central location, as well as modern rooms.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you visit our wonderful city. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better, then please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Your,
Radisson BLU Team in Hamburg
Suffolk, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel is ideally located a few steps away from the Dammtor Station. This was perfect for connections to and from Hamburg Airport via the S-Bahn. It is also in walking distance of the city centre.

I had a comfortable one night stay at this hotel. The room was modern, clean and of a good size. I had a nice view of the Botanical Gardens and the Fernturm. The bed was comfortable and I could choose from a choice of pillows. Wi-Fi is free and quick at this hotel and I was able to access it from my room without any problems.

I did not have Breakfast at the hotel as I thought the price for it was too expensive. Instead I grabbed Breakfast from one of the Bakeries in the Dammtor Station next to the hotel. They are even open on a Sunday and sell a selection of rolls, sandwiches and pastries.

The only issue I had was with Housekeeping banging around outside of my room from 9am onwards on a Sunday morning, despite the 12pm check out. They were also noisy whilst cleaning the rooms either side of mine. They may have wanted to clean my room but as check out was not until 12pm, I had every right to remain in the room until then. So much for Sunday being a “Ruhetag”!

On the subject of check out, it appears that everyone else also waits to check out at 12pm on the dot, so you may experience a slight wait to check out.

Overall, I would definitely consider staying here, again should I return to Hamburg.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Radisson_HH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are delighted that you chose us as your host while visiting Hamburg and are glad that our centrally located house fulfilled your needs during your stay.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with your room. We have forwarded your feedback to our Room’s Division Manager. Please be advised that this is not our usual standard and we will do our utmost to assure that this will not become an issue for future guests.

If there anything else we can do to make your next stay better, then please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Radisson BLU Team
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed for 4 nights during Ophthalmology congress in September. Hotel was directly linked to the conference centre making the stay super easy. Feels very much like a business hotel.

Positives:
* Clean, spacious room with all modern amenities
* Very nice breakfast with a good selection of food
* Additional meetings spaces / rooms of a high calibre

Negatives:
* None

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Radisson_HH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your terrific review! We are glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you in our terrific city again in the future. On behalf of the entire team we would like to wish you a great start in the New Year.

Radisson Blu Hotel in Hamburg
Nagoya, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I enjoyed staying in this hotel. Room was spacious and nicely designed. Hotel staff was nice too. Breakfast was perfect, I enjoyed every bit of it. I was on the conference so it was quite conveniently to have hotel that was directly linked to the conference place. Although immediate neighbourhood was a bit scary (a lot of dodgy stores), centre of the city was quite close was quite close.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Radisson_HH, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your five star review! It’s great to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at some point during 2014. On behalf of the entire team, we would like to like to wish you a great start in the New Year.

Best regards,
Your Radisson Blu Hotel in Hamburg
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was the 2nd hotel that I had stayed at whilst visiting Hamburg and it was certainly my favourite. Nice location overlooking the park and not far from the main shopping and restaurant areas. We arrived quite late so the bank of reception desks were very quiet, I have to say it was a bit of a nightmare the next morning when trying to check out....I would suggest having some of the desks purely for checking in and out, very busy with people asking for places to eat and where to go, and the design of the reception doesn't lend itself very well to this and having ques of people. That said this was a minor point. Was offered a room at the top of the hotel, it was a smoking room (I am not a smoker) but I wanted to experience the view from the top and I wasn't disappointed. The room was very clean, and a good sized, almost big enough for me to start practicing some gymnastics...We ate at the restaurant which was okay, it was Italian food when we stayed and it was okay, service was good and attentive but not overbearing. The breakfast was typical buffet style fare, nothing special but okay. The bar area was modern but I didn't find it an area that I felt as though I could relax, it was okay for a quick drink but not somewhere I would choose to spend an hour or so.... so overall great hotel, fab rooms and great service, would certainly stay again.......one thing I don't like....cushions on beds...look nice but annoying....don't want to feel that I am having to make the bed

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

thank you so much for your detailed review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and are honored to be your preferred hotel in Hamburg. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. If there is anything else we can do for you to make your next stay even better, then please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Radisson Blu Hotel in Hamburg