I booked my wife and myself into the Hotel for a week. The room is antiquated and dates back to the nineties. The ventilation is so loud that it keeps you awake at night. When you open the window the ventilation is automatically switched off. There is no extraction fan in the Toilet. When you phone room service, you land up at the reception. Every room service order is subject to a tray charge of Euro 5,00 - we ordered a flask of coffee which only contained two cups of coffee at an exorbitant charge of Euro 28,00 - in a 5 star hotel I would expect to find a coffee & Tea station inside the room. The Mattress is old and soft and covered with a PVC sheet (like in a hospital). Duvet is thin and of poor quality. Towels are old and threadbare. When we requested laundry to be collected, we were told by reception that laundry had to be collected by 08h00 - they were very rigid with the turn in times. When we eventually kicked up a fuss about not being flexible they collected our laundry and charged us a hefty price for same day service, returned the laundry on coat hangers without any pieces being folded. The rooms facing the front are very loud on account of traffic and passing trains. In a 5 star Hotel I would expect a bath tub and a shower cubicle - in this Hotel you had to stand in the bath tub to have shower. The shower/bath faucet was so old it was difficult to regulate the water temperature properly. Just because it is rated 5 star, not all services such as internet should be charged at 5 star rates - Euro 27 for 2 day internet access is a rip off. When I checked out I was not offered to scrutinize my bill and had to specifically request it before my credit card was swiped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern 5* superior hotel, built in the typical Hanseatic style, is located in the city centre, only a few steps away from all the places of interest and excellent shopping facilities. A total of 233 generously sized rooms and suites offer the comfort that is expected by travellers. The Day Spa with a panoramic sauna, steam baths and relax lounge take care of you after an exciting day. Thanks to a roof terrace, there is a fitness area available for open-air training right in the midst of the city. At the Restaurant am Fleet situated directly at the waterfront, you will enjoy your breakfast with a magnificent view over the Alster waterway. In the Bistro am Fleet with attached conservatory, you can enjoy the light, Mediterranean-style kitchen as well as unusual Euro-Asian creations and a daily changing business lunch. The Pianobar with live music and a Davidoff Cigar Lounge will offer the perfect end to the day. Rree Wi-Fi (256 kb), high speed internet per 24 hours: € 8.00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Hamburg Hotel Hamburg
- Hamburg Steigenberger Hotel