2,547 results
All reviews business trip piano bar nice hotel central location rooms are large within walking distance free wifi fitness room location is great superior room breakfast was excellent shopping area s bahn alster lake city rathaus german
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Arrival in suite 310 on Saturday. Room ready but no third bed for our child. Called reception and were advised the bed would be coming soon.
We left to explore the city with friends at 3 PM. Returned at 7 PM, being jetlagged felt like midnight- no bed.
Bed came at 8 PM.
Our bed' s split mattresses had a plastic cover over which the sheets were spanned. No pillow top, no memory foam.
Very hot to sleep on and certainly not the comfort nor standard expected.
Coffeemaker did not work, instruction manual not available. Husband found those on you tube.
Finally 2 coffees enjoyed Mon Sunday morning. Left for harbour tour and musical, came back after 7 PM. Room was not cleaned, the mornings coffee cup on our night stand, the wastebaskets not emptied and towels not replaced. I did not place a third service call to reception.
Next day, monday spoke to reception employee who stated that she is sorry.
We had no coffee as these pods were not replaced. She didn't offer coffee. Left for breakfast outside. Spend our last night , this evening returning to a cleaned room. I had left a to do list in German and English.
We checked out the next morning
and were not asked, if we enjoyed our stay!!! Only if there were any incidentals. I paid for my extra mineral water from the mini bar. The non mini bar water had not been replaced.
The same lady that wasn't inclined to give us a coffee or water wished us a good journey without making eye contact!
The best for last: when we stripped the kid's bed, we found a colourful toddler sock! Not ours of course.
I stay usually at Sofitel when in Asia, Oriental, Ritz Carlton or Plaza in Capital European cities and from now on will not return to Steigenberger, which has become a "Dienstleistungswueste".
The Steigenberger is certainly not an option for our international meetings.
We travel Concierge Key, we stay at high class hotels and we influence a group of up to 70 international researchers and CEOs. I will take our business somewhere else, and probably not to Hamburg.
This stay was an unspeakable disaster.
I regret not to be able to give zero stars.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Moritz K, Geschäftsführer at Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear curiouspalate,

thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your review. I am very disappointed to hear about your inconveniences and I really would like to apologise for them.

It is certainly not our standard nor our aim to provide a room in such a condition. Through our standardized room quality checks, our executive housekeeper ensures that the rooms are cleaned properly before our guests arrive. In addition, it goes without saying that everyone receives the same service, unless the guest requests the room not being cleaned. I have already talked to our housekeeping team and all involved associates to see how we can address these points and better them for the future. Let me assure you that I will do my utmost in finding out, what exactly happened and why we failed in providing the service you are rightly expecting. I fully agree with you, that this situation is not acceptable.

Seeing a guest leave unhappy is not what we want or what we work for. I would be very grateful, if you could contact my assistant via e-mail (katharina.ahlers@hamburg.steigenberger.de), so we can communicate in detail.

Again I do apologise and hope to welcome you back.

With best regards from Hamburg

Reviewed 10 June 2018

If visiting Hamburg, you really could not wish to be in a better position. The rooms are large and comfortable and you can open the windows and escape the air con, the hotel is an easy walk to the centre of the city with all its attractions and the food and service in the restaurant are top notch. Thank you so much. Jan Lindrum

Room Tip: View and opening windows
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Moritz K, Geschäftsführer at Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Janne L,

thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for your review. It is great to receive such a positive feedback. This is why we do hospitality: for our guests.

It would be the greatest pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Best regards from Hamburg

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This was my second stay with the hotel since Dec 2017. The hotel did an excellent job in improving their services and looking into the guests' complaints sincerely. During my stay from the 30th to 31 May, I was greeted with friendliness and smiles very often by the employees. My husband and I were so touched to see a bottle of champagne accompanied by a welcome card from Mr Klein.

Thank you so much for the excellent service and our stay with your hotel went off without a hitch this time.

Will definitely choose your hotel again in the near future for both business and leisure.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel as it was recommended to me. The hotel has a very good staff and a quiet location. Due to the location you can sleep very well and the room looks very clean and well maintained. The staff at this hotel were very friendly and spoke several languages.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Moritz K, Geschäftsführer at Steigenberger Hotel Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Co d,

With kind regards from Hamburg

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very well situated for most of Hamburg’s main attractions with underground U and S Train stations within a two minute walk. The staff were pleasant, friendly and responsive. The hotel was modern, very clean and comfortable. Nice room furnishings in good order and a nice big curved desk to work on. We were in Hamburg at the end of May (2018) during a hot spell of weather. Unfortunately the hotels air conditioning was not working very efficiently and I did complain about this to the front desk to be told it was 25 years old and needed replacing! I say get on and replace it at the rates you charge. Apart from this a pleasant and convenient hotel. It is to be hoped that their heating system is up to scratch, Hamburg can and does get very cold.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear davidjohnflavell,

thank you for your review and for directly and candidly addressing your disappointment with our product and services. We can only become better and rectify issues when they are mentioned.

Nevertheless I am very sad to hear about your inconveniences and I would like to apologize for them. I would like to point out, that we are already planning a renovation of the hotel. In the meanwhile I hope my team could help you with another solution, so that you enjoyed your stay to the full.

It would be the greatest pleasure to welcome you again.

Best regards from Hamburg