“Terrible”

Courtyard Hamburg Airport
Ranked #73 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Unfriendly staff, bad house keeping, expensive restaurant and most of all internet connection coming from the late 90s. In addition to that TV services are too slow and you can wait 10 second for channel change.
Airport nearby situation is not a big problem when room window is closed. Insulation is good. Probably you can have troubles on 3rd floor, which is actually the last one.
Shuttle services are controversial, depends on the driver. Most of the drivers do their job perfectly, but some of them are unfriendly and unprofessional.
Reception. A staff having high self-esteem without coverage. Tried to cheat and forced me to pay a culture tax (tourist tax) even though I'm on a business trip.
A positive thing is the rich breakfast buffet, although waiter can hardly speak English.

Stay away from this hotel. Too high room price for low quality serviced.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 October 2013

from 6.10 until 11.10 we were staying in the marriott courtyard hamburg.
as usual the hotel was without any problems on the contrary it was very good.
also the staff ,and i mean all of them,were just very helpful .
the price of the room is very reasonable.if you come without a car ,there are plenty of public transports to downtown hamburg and it is very close to hamburg airport but not noisy in the room as double double windows.in the night you can open them as there are no flighst from midnight until 6 am.
we would always recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: any floor is good,there are only3 floors including ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Although quite close to the airport, this facility looks as if it is in the woods and is quiet thanks to double windows. The staff were superb and accommodating. The room amenities and facilities were top notch. The fitness facility is a bit small, but it was empty and thus adequate. The bed was very comfortable and appeared new. there is morning coffee available as well as an extensive breakfast. A great place to stay when flying out of Hamburg.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I didn't get to my connection flight in time so Finnair payed my stay overnight at Marriott Courtyard. The shuttle bus picked me up from the airport with a really friendly guy driving it. There was no hassle whatsoever when I checked in, I guess they are used to people coming in a worn out, irritated and with no luggage. As I had nothing else with me than my handbag the receptionist quickly provided me with the essentials (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant). The hotel has a nice mansion feeling and I'm sure I had enjoyed my stay had I been there from my own choice. I had to catch the 6 o'clock plain in the morning so I just had a hamburger (well - I was in Hamburg) from the room service and tried to get some sleep. In the morning there was a new person at the reception and she tried to present me a bill for the room. I explained the situation and the bill went to Finnair as was agreed. The first shuttle to the airport left a 5 o'clock and I wasn't the only person taking it. I would have appreciated some kind of a simple breakfast which usually is provided for the early birds at airport hotels - but Marriott Courtyard sent us to the airport hungry - children and adults alike.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2013

there was new staff at the front desk with not so much knowledge when I arrived, had to change rooms, I had the NOn smoking Havana Churchill room, so we changed to non smoking, one could smell the havana's in the corridor. O said the front desk guy, no blink in his eyes he ould take action or reflect on it, so will never be a hotel man. Rest as usual, perfect foor, ultra reasonable priced (don't raise your prices now, haha), good choice, always good changes in weekly or monthly menu. rooms when one gets the better rooms are good for a long stay, what i did, relaxing bathtub in german size, so no complaints here. super isolation of the roomd as this is next to the airport, one does not hear a fly. clean, good, a bit expensive on the stays though, getting 30% up this year, which i believe is a lot, rest, will be back here.

Room Tip: see the attached floorplan
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I had an early flight out of Hamburg so chose to be in this hotel for one night as this is stone throw distance away from the Hamburg Airport. Hotel was comfortable but I somehow found the staff quite tough. Here are the bads and goods of this hotel.

Bads
Staff : I checked in and for some reason I was feeling that they are doing a favour on me by allowing me to stay here. Ids and information was asked as if someone was interrogating me.

Gym: Quite old machines and not every well maintained. Normally I have seen Airport hotels have good gyms. But not this one.

Goods :
Location : Very close to the airport. You are out of the hotel and straight on the departure ramp.
Room : comfortable and spacious even for people
Washrooms : Nicely Done. Spacious and clean
Easy access to everything around Hamburg. Considering the Hamburg airport is right in the city, this makes a good choice for easy access for many things you would want to do in the city.

Overall I had a good stay and will not mind staying in this hotel again. I hope the staff smiles the next time I am there.

Safe Travels!
Make the most of it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I recently stayed over at the Marriott Hamburg Airport hotel before flying back to South Africa the next morning after a two week trip in Europe. It was a great hotel to spend the last night in after a long days travel. Close to the airport, very good service, food and rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo