“Perfect location - near the golf course and city”

Steigenberger Hotel Treudelberg Hamburg
Ranked #45 of 323 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel is beautiful and stylish. Location is perfect : from the Hamburg airport only 10 km and from city 15 km. There is very good connection from city by bus and train, only 3 euros! The golf course starts just from the courtyard of the hotel. Service of the caddy master was very friendly and helpfull. They changed my tee times when needed. Only 1 km from the hotel there is great fish restaurant Stocks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,415)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I checked in here on 13th July 2014 for 3 nights. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Superb facilities and location. Unfortunately I was taken ill on the second day and had to go into Hospital for an operation. The Hotel packed all of my belongings and sent them to the Hospital and made the whole experience as hassle free as possible. Due to all of this I will be revisiting at the end of this September. Thank you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A lovely, stylish hotel with lots of space. We stayed in the Landhaus and it was a little hot without aircon, although we had a big room with a balcony :-) Food was great and reasonably priced, especially in the Club Restaurant overlooking the golf course. Lots of regional specialities and good quality dishes for the kids. Breakfast was fantastic. The service from the staff overall was superb. Nothing was too much trouble and they even booked bus tickets into the city for us and advised us on the best route in and out. it is most convenient for travelling into Hamburg and seeing the surrounding area. We were driving north after our stay and it was so easy to get back onto the motorway without having to go through Hamburg. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice, clean, with large rooms and beds. The staff is very friendly everywere and the area is pretty and quiret.
This is my third stay here and
I would gladly come back to this hotel again.
Note that the hotel is quite far from the city center and close to the airport.
The hotel restaurant and bar is also great.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First of all I would like to confirm that this is an excellent hotel with great service and fantastic breakfast. But... There is nothing in surroundings except hotel and golf. Hotel is on the quite place, but people staying in this hotel drink all night in front your window and make a noise, so I could not sleep well. If you are not a golf player, you should look an other place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the quite side on the corners - side of hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomislav B
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel for businesspeople, conferences and golf parties. The service is 100% proper and the facilities are ample; but you pay highly for that. Btw although we saw a lot of planes approaching the airport, we didn't hear anything within the building.

We used it as a base for touring, staying for 10 nights, and it turned out to be unsuitable for that. I emphasise that nothing the hotel management or staff did fell short; but we had chosen the wrong place.

1) The location is difficult, and is remote from main roads; we spent a lot of time on minor roads driving to the nearest motorway. The local roads are especially busy at rush hour. We went into central Hamburg by train -- the local (3 miles) station is Park and Ride, but at 09:20 the car park and all surrounding residential streets were full; we drove to the next station, same problem; at the third station, Hoheneichen, we occupied the last available space. Central Hamburg is 30 mins, family ticket 11.80 Eur.

2) There are two restaurants; the menu is the same in both and was unvarying throughout our ten days. The staff were efficient, but (with one quite outstanding exception, thank you CF) unfriendly. Having signed the bill one evening we were leaving and the head waiter intercepted us and demanded that we sign; I said we had done so. Who was it who took our chit? [This was phrased not as a question, but an accusation of fibbing.]

3) The hotel is geared for business people and golf groups. Both of these groups become very convivial and can monopolise the bar, and the breakfast room, and sometimes it was very noisy; parking was very difficult too, when a large sales seminar was in progress.

I repeat that the above is not the fault of the hotel.

I should add that there is no "town" near the hotel, but there is a huge modern shopping mall, the Poppensbuettel Einkaufzentrum about 3 miles away. Easy to miss if you didn't know it was there, and well worth a visit even if you don't like shopping. There are also several excellent eating places around the hotel; many of them are on back roads and you might not be aware of them; some homework in locating them pays dividends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Afterbrunel
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

First time in "a Steigenberger"... In my expectations a kind of "Frankfurter Hof feeling" kept me curious...and ..."expecting" upper class standards. I admit, blessed with current impressions from multitude stays in Asian 5 stars I may have overdone. But still, a Steigenberger is a Steigenberger...isn't it? Touching down in Hamburg late evening after a 14 hours in the air I checked their homepage and have them a call to pick me up at Hamburg airport as they offer a complementary such a lift. "sorry, not at this time"... ok, in a German cab with a cabbie who had no idea on... a Steigenberger supposed to be 15 min away... I got there finally and was given a professional reception. The next surprise of a few more to come: I got a room in 2 nod floor without any lift. A bell boy was not around and this caused me a late night exercise with pulling up my luggage into ... Right : The room. Third surprise: I wasn't aware of Treudelberg offering sort of "vintage rooms". An old style TV set as big as my dogs hut. Well, who cares. At least after quite a while abroad: German TV program! But that fancy "dog hut" did anything but not provide me with standard German TV program. The receptionist showed up... and, after suspecting me of slight incompetence in using this 20 years old TV set admitted it needs to be reset which must wait until the next day. Well, boring TV is anyhow not the best to do, so I decided to hop into the shower. Here comes the next surprise: the tiles have not been cleaned, one of the previous guests must have been a lady with nice long black hair... The water pressure coming out of the shower head also was by far to low... to name another down turning observation.
Upon my feed back next day the "dog hut" TV set got repaired and I was gifted with a bottle of red wine and two handwritten cards. Thanks. Otherwise staff there is friendly and service during my stay was good. Breakfast as well as lunch / dinner was also nice. And I have dropped my illusions on "a Steigenberger".
It's a nice and quite expensive resort in the Hamburg suburbs, a little bit ageing... but otherwise ok.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business