SIDE Design Hotel Hamburg
US$151
US$139
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Generator Hostel Hamburg(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$27
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,936 results
All reviewslight switchesnespresso machinespa areanice hotelbusiness tripmodern stylesteam roomper daycentral locationcomfortable roomsbreakfast buffet isnice breakfastgreat roompublic transportmeateryeurobasement
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here for a couple days for a work event. It has a central location (right next to our office) and close to the shopping district as others have mentioned (though I didn't get a chance to shop :(

We have a corporate rate so for me, it was not expensive. The hotel itself is really cool. The rooms are lovely and modern. Really great designs. I didn't have time to check out the spa or sports room, but did have breakfast two days and it was nice. (Nothing to write home about but nothing to complain about either).

Would stay here again if I had to come back to Hamburg.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank YogaGal28
SIDE_Hamburg, Manager at SIDE Design Hotel Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and the central location of our hotel was to your satisfaction.

Hopefully you will have the time for shopping during your next stay at SIDE.

We look forward to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at the hotel during business trip. The location was just five min to the city's main shopping district. The design is very relaxing and the hotel overall is very clean. if it was not for business and the location was not that close to the business location,I would not have stayed in the hotel. It is not worth to spend that much money, and the breakfast is quite expensive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SIDE_Hamburg, General Manager at SIDE Design Hotel Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that our design was to your satisfaction.

Since we place high demand on the quality of our service we are always very grateful to receive feedback from our guests. This is a great opportunity for us to improve and develop our standards and procedures. We are very concerned about your comments regarding the value for money of our SIDE breakfast buffet and would like to recommend our ‘Advanced Breakfast’ which can be booked prior to arrival (EUR 19.00 per person and day).

We look forward to welcome you again at SIDE.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed at SIDE 1 night during a trade show. The location is very nice, main central places are within walking distance, like Town hall, Hamburg Fair ground, main shopping areas. The hotel is very clean and furniture is high end quality in decent colors. The bar seems to be a well known meeting point even for locals with great music. The rooms are well insulated from the lobby. Nevertheless, for a 5 star standard, some small details were missing, as poor bathroom equipment or no coffee machines in the standard rooms. Also, during my stay, the room safe was out of service, which was somehow inconvenient especially during a business trip (Computers, business documents, etc). Breakfast buffet was very nice and high quality.
Overall, a nice place, but somehow overrated and at certain periods overpriced.

1  Thank Lemantraveler

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that especially the service and music at the [m]eatery bar and our SIDE breakfast were to your satisfaction.

We are very sorry to hear about your disappointment concerning the missing coffee machine and the defect room safe and would like to take the opportunity to express our regrets about not meeting your expectations. For future stays at SIDE we would like to recommend our business rooms which are equipped with a Nespresso coffee machine.

We would be happy to welcome you soon again to show you that we can do much better.

Best regards

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I spent four nights at Side in March 2012. Side advertises itself as a five star property, however, I was sadly disappointed in the amenities and service. It is a fine property and in a very convenient location, however, it is not in my opinion a five star hotel.

On the positive the staff and service was very good. Most of the staff was personable, friendly, and spoke fluent english. The room was clean, the food at the restaurant was excellent although quite pricey, and the furnishings were in good repair.

On the negative the hotel gave away my room for the first night of my stay even though I had made reservations more than a month in advance. They did book me another room at another hotel, but this was quite inconvenient. When I was able to check into my room the next day, they had provided me with a fruit basket for my trouble. However since this was a business trip I did not check into the room until early evening, and the fruit basket appeared to have been placed in the room quite some time earlier. I chose not to tempt fate and did not eat the wilted fruit.

The air conditioning in the room did not work, and even though it was cool outside, the room was quite warm. I ended up sleeping with the window open to cool the room. The mini fridge in the room did not work, and was completely empty. As one other reviewer mentioned, there was an espresso machine in the room, but nothing to use with it, no cup, no flatware, no saucer. The safe in the room did not work, and it took the maintenance team three days and three calls to actually come to the room to replace the batteries in the safe to get it to work.

The lighting and blind controls are 'modern' which translated into difficult to use and quite annoying after the first day. Other than that the room was in good repair, and had the normal amenities you would expect in an American hotel.

Bottom line - a nice hotel, but pricey for the amenities and service you receive.

1  Thank A Ben D
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was in Hamburg on business and stayed at SIDE.

From the time I entered the lobby I was greeted by friendly but not overbearing staff. The front desk team members were helpful throughout my stay, recommending dining options and providing clear directions around town.

Prior to my arrival, I emailed to request an iron for my room, and was told that one would be there for me. It wasn't, so I called the front desk as I needed to iron several shirts for my stay. They told me that all irons were currently out, but they would get one to me asap. I called again a few hours later, as I needed to prepare my shirts for the following day before going out for the evening. Again, they told me that all irons were out. A few minutes later, they called back, and told me they were sending someone to get my shirts and take care of them for me, at no charge. They did exactly that, and I was very pleased with that service.

We also had drinks at the hotel bar several times during our stay. The service there was excellent. The bartender was very attentive and took great care of us.

The room itself was fine. Very modern, as I expected. Pretty basic, with limited storage for clothing. But certainly sufficient, and always clean. The bed was nice, but the heavy comforter was too much, and there were no lighter options, so it was either freeze at night, or get overheated.

The location is good, near shopping and dining areas, in a part of town that felt very safe.

All in all, they delivered on expectations, and even exceeded in some areas. I reserve 5 stars for the best of the best experiences, but this was a very solid 4 stars.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
SIDE_Hamburg, Manager at SIDE Design Hotel Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that our staff´s friendliness was to your satisfaction.

We highly appreciate your suggestions. The reflection of our standards and procedures from the guest´s point of view are extremely valuable to us and help to develop our guest services every day. We will provide you with an iron and ironing board immediately during your next stay. After your review our executive housekeeper bought ten new irons. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences. Be assured that this failure does not meet our standards.

We look forward to being your host in Hamburg again soon!

Best regards