SIDE Design Hotel Hamburg
US$139
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
1,936 results
All reviewslight switchesnespresso machinespa areanice hotelbusiness tripmodern stylesteam roomper daycentral locationcomfortable roomsbreakfast buffet isnice breakfastgreat roompublic transportmeateryeurobasement
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I've enjoyed my recent stay in this hotel. It's strategically located near downtown Hamburg. Overall, the service is superb. At that time, I distinctly noticed that the staff have good attention to detail. Breakfast is also something to look forward to. I truly appreciate how much effort they exerted in preparing my eggs and pancakes (customized to my wishes). The free WIFI inside the room is also much appreciated. My personal favorite is the swimming area, it's not so big and not so small. I was able to do my laps and am quite satisfied at how clean and well-maintained that area was. However, it's not the hotel I would go to if I'd expect for a good, relaxing view from my window. Overall, I would recommend this to my friends as I consider it a good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2013

On being advised where I was staying I took a look at various websites and was suitably impressed by Side but on arrival I was left underwhelmed and feeling admiration for some great photography.

My room, whilst bright and modern felt a bit disconnected, the bathroom door almost slid off it's hinge and refused to stay closed, the shower despite all efforts refused to just run as a shower and instead I had water coming from all outlets all of the time.

The bar as a quick stop off point too me almost as long to get the bill as my entire time spent in there as the staff despite looking straight at me refused to break from their conversation.

Breakfast was a positive and a freshly cooked omelette was delicious.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The hotel was very modern with a nice design. We had an ordinary room (no upgrading) and the room was bigger than we expected it to be, so was also the bathroom.
A very nice room/hotel. Very close to downtown Hamburg. Just a few minutes of walking.
The only thing we have to complain about is that we did not manage to get the AC to function properly.
The street next to the hotel is a big parking garage. 24 hrs for 20 Euro.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My favorite in town. A well managed privately-owned hotel which is unbeatable, even without corporate rate, in comparison to the Hyatt, Sofitel and other Marriott in town., The staff is almost always attentive,,you get recognition, breakfast is good, rooms fantastic disregarding categories (you must like white though!), Bar is great. Only disappointment this time: as I check out, I mentioned the noise of the party which was going on late in the hotel inner court the night before and that I pay an hotel room to sleep and not to listen to some loud music I didn't choose, the clerk looked at me like "too bad for you my friend" and just said "I'll make a note of this" continuing typing on a computer. I am very confident that the note is still to be typed!

Room Tip: Any room is great
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pprhh
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed at the Side for three nights and got a room on the top floor (1103) with a great view of the city. The room was just to my liking , good size room, spotlessly clean, virtually all white furnishings and carpets, very very firm bed (comfy though) and super crisp bedding, the bathroom is with glass doors and glass sink,the ceiling shower was good and powerful ,not to keen on the toilet seat design ( reminded me of the Manchester 1960s outside wc with hole cut in plank of wood) Gave me a chuckle though and here's to brave design decisions! The room was also very quiet which is important to me. The staff were courteous and efficient, Visited the bar a couple of times in my shorts and t shirt (hot weather)and did experience a bit of pretension from other pink suited cravat wearing guests !! the bier vom fass was very tasty..Location wise you could'nt really get any better, it's close to two u bahn stations Gansemarkt and stephanplatz and with a 5,80 euro ticket you can travel for up to 9 hours on u bahn,s bahn, all buses and even ferries across the river Elbe to Finkenwerder.. It's a 3 minute walk to the Alster(lake in centre city)and jungfernsteig and lively esplanade and another 3 mins to the Rathaus square. A good place for breakfast is the Stadt Backerie 2 mins from hotel, friendly good seating in or out and inexpensive...So all in all at a great trip and very good hotel in special city..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank casperfreidrich
SIDE_Hamburg, General Manager at SIDE Design Hotel Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your exciting feedback of your SIDEstay on tripadvisor. We are very honored to receive such a nice review!

We hope to see you soon again at SIDE!

Best regards