Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall
US$246
US$135
Priceline
2,711 results
All reviewsluxury roomcanal viewmodern hotelperfect locationcity hallneuer wallnespresso machinefive star hotelan upgradejunior suiteexcellent hotelgreat roomcomfortable bedsspa areashopping districtbusiness trippublic transport
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just a one night stay for a conference, but on a long business trip, I had a lot of luggage. Therefore booked a Deluxe room only to find that, nice as the design of the rooms is, there is no space for opening your suitcase, never mind, unpacking.
The bookcase wall with everything installed, such as telephone, safe, flatscreen TV also houses the wardrobe. I is tiny and, to make things worse, the sliding door only opens half of the width of the closet.
That makes it really awkward to hang up things inside, or getting them out again.
Sleeping comfort was ok, although the bedding was extremely soft.
I am not 100 % certain but think that, last year my room of the same category was much better than this one.
Anyway for 220 Euro per night, there are better options in close proximity, such as the Renaissance Hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Gilles_Felgen, Manager at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Hongkon,

thank you very much for taking some time to inform us about your opinion and your impressions of our hotel.
We assure you that it is our highest ambition to have satisfied guests who are looking forward to return to our hotel. Therefore it is much to our regret that your stay in our hotel did not perfectly match with your plan and expectations.
Moreover it would be a pleasure for our reservation department to advise you on your next booking.
Dear Hongkon, once again, thank you very much for your comments and we would be pleased to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, business or leisure brings you to Hamburg.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed in this Sofitel in 2009 and had an absolute brilliant stay then, so now I returned last weekend with my wife as we were going too watch a Musical in Hamburg. We both loved it again, my wife loved the SPA area and used this extensively. Upon arrival we received an upgrade from the superior room too the Junior Suite which was a pleasant surprise. The breakfast sounds a little expensive but so worth it, usually we eat breakfast in the room but I wouldn't here. All in all a brilliant stay, lovely and helpful staff (booking of restaurant etc) I certainly will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the Alster, this will make it extra special.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear wallyspain,

thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will be happy to pass your feedback over to my team, of course.
Kindly be informed that we offer different choices of breakfast, so please do not hesitate to contact our restaurant staff during your next stay.

We are glad you have found a second home when travelling to Hamburg and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Nice, spacious room with very awesome bed and bedcovers, really felt like I could sink in and sleep :) Breakfast was amazing with chocolate cupcakes delicousness.. and pancakes were made when asked! Enjoyed it, Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnIeven
Gilles_Felgen, Manager at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Annleven,

thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay.
Feedback is utmost important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve.
I am particularly proud to read that our team’s service level matched your expectations. I will of course pass the feedback over to my team.
Moreover I am pleased to read that our modern room with the soothing MyBed concept and exquisite bathroom make your stay an unforgettable experience.
In addition it is a pleasure to read that the great morning buffet with french flair met your expectations and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcoming you very soon again in Hamburg or at any other Sofitel Luxury Hotel.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Been staying a number of times at this hotel, and was now back again some 3 years after the last stay. Was looking forward as I remembered a splendid hotel and service! Sadly I was very dissappointed! Room was very small, bed very soft and bathrom amneties very poor for what is 5* hotel. Even more so that you have one small and one large towel brings the feeling of a budget hotel rather tham pampering luxury... On the more important side there are no electric outlet by the desk, meaning you either need to craw along the floor to connect your laptop, or work in bed.
The real dissappointment was served for breakfast. Another good memory that now was a great disappointment. My rate didn't include breakfast, and the rate is high. But if it is marvellous geraman 5* hotel breakfast, it's worth the money. At this one they obviously want to make sure you pay for what you eat. I was asked to pay upfront with a credit card before entering. Even if I had placed all credit card details at the reception upon check-in. Selection poor compared to 5* german hotels. Three types of juice, a limited selection of bakery goods and in general not very tempting. The lemon slices served along with the tea was dry, and in an early fermenting stage. Some of the "desserts" looked like they'd been on the buffet for some days and had unappealing skin.
Had an early check-out and at 5:30 am there were a number of us waiting to check out as only one person working in reception. Service correct, but not very friendly as overall impression. Exception was a very nice and helpful lady in the reception that helped sorting out some practical questions.
Really sorry to experience theat a previous favourite hotel did far from deliver this time. Will choose other options in Hamburg for the future unless things change back a Sofitel.
Me: 40 yo senior executive, spending some 90 nighs/year in hotels worldwide. Not a complainer, but will let know when let down.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tommy H
Gilles_Felgen, Manager at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Tommy H,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
It is our goal thanks to high Sofitel standards to make your stay always the most comfortable one.
We are really sorry that the Single room did not meet your expectations. I would recommend to book the next higher room category which is more or less 9 sqm larger than the Single room.
Criticism and hints how to do things better, will help us to reach our goals and increase our guest’s satisfaction. We are very grateful that you described your check out experience which will help us to improve.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Hotel is consistently brilliant. The staff are great, and the rooms are very nice and modern with huge windows and lots of natural light.

The food is great (room service) and the bar downstairs is really nice with great drinks. The terrace at the bar downstairs is useful for smoking and it's REALLY great in the summer.

Some of the rooms have Hermes toiletries which are awesome as well.

Definitely an extremely nice hotel with very consistent stays and a solid choice for Hamburg.

Room Tip: Some of the suites facing the water have tiny step out balconies.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Gilles_Felgen, Manager at Sofitel Hamburg Alter Wall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear SohanTanna,

thank you very much that you took the time to comment your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.