“expensive average hotel”

Leonardo Hotel Hamburg City Nord
Ranked #89 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
“expensive average hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The hotel was booked by the company just because it is about 50 m from the RWE office in Hamburg. The room was ok and I paid 9.90 euros a day for internet.The bathroom is very small with extremely narrow shower that I never experienced in a 4 starts hotel. The restaurant offers buffet menu or a la carte. Sometime there is one waiter only at the restaurant and you can wait for long time. However I was satisfied with the cuisine. What I don't understand is where the 4 stars are coming from because 140 euros a night is very costly for this type of hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Leonardo Hotel H, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel Hamburg City Nord, responded to this review, 20 August 2015
Thanks for your review, we give this further our employees.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and was very disappointed. The whole hotel looks tired and the grout in my shower was black with mould and dirt.
I couldn't have a shower for more than two minutes as the water would not run away quick enough.
The internet is a joke 9.90 euros per night and due to the lack of bandwidth my 3G connection actually streams faster!

• Stayed November 2013
Leonardo Hotel H, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Hamburg City Nord, responded to this review, 2 October 2015
Thank you for rating us. Meanwhile we improved very much. So we renovated 112 rooms, the restaurant, the bar and our terraces. Also our WIFI is free of charge and the bandwith is quite fast. We are looking foreward to welcome you again.
Reviewed 15 June 2013

New management is clearly cost cutting. Breakfast and bar understaffed. No evening restaurant service and very little alternative dining in the surrounding area. Room good, but now stuffy from lack of air conditioning. Generally an outdated hotel which needs a major refurbishment.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Menerbes, France
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Anyone who thinks that the takeover of this tired old hotel has changed anything, will be disappointed, in fact there has been a big step backwards. I was a regular ath the BW, purely for the convenience of one being close to one of my regular business venues, and it was fine for a one night stay, particularly when arriving on a late flight. But the decor is dated and the carpets worn. Nothing has changed since Leonardo took over, except the the one redeeming feature of the old BW, the Stortebeker bar, has been closed on my last two visits. It is supposedly closed for redecoration, but I have seen no sign of activity. Now, the only place for a beer is the soulless restaurant, and those late night bar meals which coudl be relied upon after a late arrival, are no more..

This hotel is suitable purely for utility purposes as somewhere to sleep, but there is no pleasure in staying here, and you woudl not want to spend any time here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I visited Hamburg, Germany for the annual German Open Taekwondo Championships. The hotel provided was the Best Western Queens Hotel. I found it to be a throughly EXCELLENT experience. From the Desk Staff to the Free WiFi to the Cook Staff and the food, everything was first-rate! I would gladly stay there again when in Hamburg.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Is an old hotel, the room was small and not really comfortable. It was just one night, and which made the experience not painful. For 90euros I was expecting a little more.

Highlight was the nice breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
essex
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Well I must say I expected more from a 4 star hotel

Where to start?

The staff was over worked, so the check in took over 45 minutes, then I go to my room, which looked as though someone had tried to break in as the door was re-enforced round the door knob? strange. I wanted a shower, funny its very limited in dimensions, 1.90 in height, but everything was there I suppose.

the room itself was ok, clean sheets, I just expected it a little nicer for 4 stars.
Although I must admit the prices for the resturant are deffinatly 4 star, god knows if it tastes good but at that price I'll skip and after the breakfast I'm glad I did.

The Bar is cute and homely, I really like it, the staff were friendly and effieciant.

Breakfast was horrible, the food was greasy and rushed, everyone rushing around trying to get a place to eat, and I was finished before someone came and asked if I would like some coffee, great start to the day.

then I check out, just to find out that a hotel in an industrial part of the city I get to pay for parking? 11 Euros for less than 14 hours total stay, well chuffed.

22 Euro by taxi to get into town

I will not be back.

Room Tip: If you want a quick stay close to the airport with expensive food and aged rooms then this is the pl...