“Good value for money”

Ranked #162 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Stuttgart, Germany
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The rooms are nice, clean and modern. In my room it was absolutely quiet and I could sleep very well.
The hotel is good to reach by public transport and there are some shops and restaurants arround.
I did not use the breakfast buffet.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Marketing G, Marketingassistentin at GHOTEL hotel & living, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear traveller,
thank you very much for the feedback about your stay at GHOTEL hotel & living Hamburg! We are happy that you liked your room and the location of the hotel. We would be happy if you gave us the chance to also convince you of our breakfast buffet during another stay!
Kind regards,
your team from GHOTEL hotel & living

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kent
Reviewed 21 September 2012

You enter the hotel using a lift, it was a bit like entering Dr Who's, Tardis. Its in a commercial area, but we didn't have any problems, once in the hotel everything is in the hallway, all smart and clean, then when you get to your room, very impressive, along with all the little freebies.

Well worth the money, restaurants were a bit sparse in the area, we went to the Bleu Blume, had a good meal, then when it came to pay, they wouldn't accept any of my six credit/debit cards, even the french one, because it didn't have EC on the cards, cards we have been using all over europe, including Hamburg. We ended up having to walk all the way back to the hotel, pick up the car and go searching for an ATM to get some cash......not pleased.

But he hotel was great.

Room Tip: All rooms have windows on an inside garden, so very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank micksalter
Dear Traveller,
many thanks for rating your stay at GHOTEL hotel & living Hamburg! We are happy that you liked the hotel and your room. Should you want to stay in the hotel for dinner during another stay, please note that we offer a menu of snacks to chose from. The price will be added to your final invoice. We would be delighted to welcome you again as our guests!
Kind regards,
your team from GHOTEL hotel & living
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I booked this hotel on EBookers for £180 for 4 nights no breakfast. I had to book it quick as I felt that hotels would go quick in the city because a lot of British, myself included, were going to Hamburg for the Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye fight. After booking it I thought that I had made a huge mistake but as time went by I was stuck with the hotel and decided that I would keep the reservation.

Once I got there I realised that I had made an excellent decision.

Firstly you don't have to worry about what time you come back to the hotel and worrying about getting access especially in the early hours as the access to the hotel is actually lift and has a pass code to get access which you will get at reception when you check in.

10 minutes walking distance from the hotel, through the rail bridge and past the Holsten factory, is the Holstenstrasse train station. 3 stops and you are the main city centre train station Hauptbahnhof, and 3 stops in the opposite direction and you are at Stellingen which is the train station you get off to go to Hamburg's football stadium. from there its a 15/20 minute walk to the stadium.

The room itself for one person was just what I required. The room had a HD LCD TV, fridge and a safe. The room key and look took a wee bit of getting use to in order to open it.

The hotel also has a vending machine which sells beers at 4.8% alcohol, not bad, even better that they are selling it for €1.20 per bottle, and it isn't a mini bottle either!!

There are restaurants on the Holstenplatz which is right next to the Holstenstrasse train station, and if you enjoy walks you can walk right down Holstenstrasse down to the water front or the Reeperbahn which would take you about 20-30 minutes.

If I ever decide to go back to Hamburg for a sporting event then this is the hotel I will be booking, its clean, quiet, nicely tucked away and has excellent and efficient transport links nearby.

Room Tip: the hotel is quiet, I had a single room which was suitable for me.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Blairhoyle
Hurup, Denmark
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This hotel is unusually situated in the building of "Deutsche Post". The entrance is via an elevator. This seems strange at first, but when you get used to it, it's not a problem at all. Lots of free parking (unusual for Hamburg). AND Metrobus no. 3 stops "right on the front porch". You can reach the town hall square in approximately 15 minutes.
The rooms are clean and neat - and the staff is always very friendly. The only downsides are horific prices on breakfast and using the hotel's WLAN. Wake up, dear hotel...this is the 21.st century!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
AnkeGreiling, Marketingleiterin at GHOTEL hotel & living, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Dear Mr. Mikkelsen

Thank you very much for staying in a hotel of GHOTEL hotel & living and for sharing your impressions about GHOTEL hotel & living Hamburg with other travellers.

We are glad to see that you liked our service and the amenities of your hotel room.

Regarding prices for WiFi we are happy to tell you that our guests can now enjoy free internet access in the entrance area of the hotel and in the superior rooms. In all other rooms the WiFi rate is only 6,50 EUR per day.

When you come back next time we highly appreciated if to had a look at the breakfast offer of the hotel. We think that 12 EUR is a reasonable price for the large offer of cold and warm dishes, cereals, vegetables, fish, dairy goods, cold meat, cheese, spread, fruit juices etc.. A price reduction would either go along with a decrease in quality or quantity. Both does not go along with the philisophy of our hotel chain.

Sincerely
your team
of
GHOTEL hotel & living
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Here is the most important thing you need to know about this hotel: don’t go looking for a place that resembles the photos on the website. The hotel is on the third and fourth floor of the Deutsche Post high rise (the giant yellow building). There is an elevator in the courtyard (and possibly stairs elsewhere). I suggest walking here from the Holstenstrasse S-Bahn stop since the walk from the Diebsteich S-Bahn stop feels deserted, especially at night and the route is more confusing if you don't know the area.

Otherwise, this is a generic business hotel. I booked it on the Deutsche-Bahn website because almost everything else in Hamburg was full. I had a single room – so basically a room with a small bed, desk and no view. The bathroom was nice, but nothing exciting. And the wardrobe was a decent size. Didn’t bother paying for the breakfast (and not sure there are too many places to eat on the way to the S-Bahn), just grabbed an apple from the reception and the free bottle of water in my room.

The reception area closes at 11pm but they give you a code so you can use the elevator afterhours. The hotel was a quick ride to the Hauptbahnhof (faster than I anticipated), so that’s another criteria fulfilled. And the free mints were tasty. Overall, feel like I got exactly what I paid for, so no complaints. However, if you’re a tourist and not a business traveler, I would suggest staying somewhere within walking distance of the sights.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SusieGirl7
Berkshire
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed here for one night for the haye klitscho fight. Impressed with the hotel it is good value for money and offers basic but clean and tidy accomadation.
Well worth booking if you are in town for a night or 2

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Maybe not the most spacious rooms, and the internet is a bit costly but the beds are comfortable, and it is only a 5-10 minute walk to the nearest S-Bahn stop. The staff is by far and away the best quality of the hotel. They were there 10 minutes after closing and helped order delivery food. I never had the breakfast so I can not comment. Overall, the location is not the best, but food can be found near by and you are only a short walk to any place in Hamburg. Worth every dollar if not more, should be a definitely a 4 star hotel in my books.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo