Amsterdam Hotel
US$151
US$139
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I stayed here for a conference at the University which is less that 2 minutes walk from the from door. Its a strange setup with lots of different hotels in the same building. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I booked the cheapest room going which meant the toilet was shared. This was no problem and the room had its own sink and shower. The room is minimal but functional. Fine for when away on business and hardly in the hotel at all.
I paid 9 Euro for breakfast which was actually very good and the service was very fast and efficent. I wouldnt stay in the cheap rooms here if on holiday with my wife but the other rooms with full facilities looked great. The hotel is very close to the train station and all in all a great last minute find.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marktaco1
Reviewed 16 September 2012

...the fact that I had business in a building around the corner...
...or my ground floor room had not been that spacious...
I would have given only 2 dots. I paid too much for the room, 130 without breakfast, the hotel is perhaps worth 80. Wifi capacity is impossible. The room is a mess, cables everwhere, a too small bathroom with a too loud fan. A friendly reception.

The hotel is in a building apparently housing five different hotels. A concept I do not understand, nor try to.

Ah, positive: the building is rather attractive and old, reasonably kept. Wooden floors (with a dirty rug), furniture quite pretty.

All in all, however, unlikely I will stop here again. Not at these prices.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2012

i admit, the lukewarm reviews on tripadvisor made me a little nervous. But immediately upon checking in, all my uncertainty evaporated. The reception was absolutely charming. Our room was lovely, with a window facing the inner courtyard, and it actually felt very homey. Granted, it was a bit quirky (the toilet was in a separate room from the sink), but I actually prefer that kind of character in a hotel. The bed was astonishingly comfortable, and the duvets were very high-quality and cosy. Wifi worked well, and was free, which was a nice surprise. The location worked well - we went running along the river every day, and it was an easy train ride (or half hour walk) to the center. Breakfast was delicious, and very typically German - good bread, lots of spreads, meat, cheese, and a hard-boiled egg. There was a large carafe of coffee at every table. Germany is pricey, but the rates were very reasonable. I would definitely stay here again, although I might pay more for one of the nicer rooms that face the street - the hotel is on a pedestrian street, so no need to worry about traffic noise.

Room Tip: Consider paying more for rooms on the first floor facing out - they look beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Room is small and the ensuite wc & shower is really just looks like a box placed the room. Lots of noise from within the hotel.....you can hear every movement from the guests next door....TV, voices, bags being unipped and so on. The pictures of the website look nothing like the room that I stayed in and the hotel is really just two floors inside the grand looking building featured on the website. The mattress, if you can call it that, is saggy and for the first time in my life experienced backpain due to this. The headboard is gruby and the decor is tired and trying to be something its not. All in all I was very disappointed and wouldnt recommend a stay any longer than one night and if you do I would recommend that you ask to see the room on arrival as in my opinion the photos on w/site are misleading.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank LouiseCr
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Generally enjoyed my trip, rooms were ok and location good but I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the service I received - maybe its just down to individuals but seemed a bit slow and lazy

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business