“Very good location and easy access to the most beautiful part of Hamburg”
Review of Hotel Bee Fang

Hotel Bee Fang
Ranked #292 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This hotel is really convenient and most of all only a few minutes walk to the most famous landmark such as Rathouse, train and bus station. For moslem travellers, next to the hotel is a mosque run by Pakistani to solve the problem when travelling to European country in where mosques are hardly to find.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank manukabuh

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed here for one night and that's probably enough because the room is rather small.
Bit old bit it was clean. Not to say about the ground floor, there was a unpleasant smell not far from the toilets.
The shower in the room is very small and when you take a shower, you feel the cold and wet showercurtain against your body. But the water is nice and nice warm water.
The toilet is down the hall but there is only one toilet.
Breakfast is finished early and bit poorly.
You canb park in front of the hotel but not much place so we went for a carpark where we paid 8 € per day, so that's okay.
Staff was not really friendly. I like it when I feel welcome in a hotel but I didn't had that feeling in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adavidanne
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I find most of the reviews on this page funny. You chose a one star hotel, you should expect spare decor, unpainted walls, and a small bathroom. However, the location, staff, and breakfast were much better than I expected for the price. If you want somewhere safe to store your bags and have a few hours sleep, this is the place to do it. If you expect lavish surroundings and a personal butler, better head to the fairmont.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Group of lads on a weekend away. Contrary to some reviews we found the hotel clean and friendly. Very convenient in terms of location with some good bars and cafes situated around the square in front and main station just up the road. Good Italian nxt door in fact.
If your not a paranoid serial moaner this is a hotel that is good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

We were nervous about staying here after reading the other reviews and I can see why it's got the comments it has.

Saying that if you're prepared to be laidback about the faults then this hotel is servicable.

We had a comfortable stay and it was just 50 yards away from the edge of Hamburg's main gay area and just a five minute walk from the central station so it was great in that respect.

The breakfast was an average continental spread but was ok for this rich fat white westerner.

The rooms were clean but if you're atall prissy about decor or asthetics then you may well be horrified. The sad and random collection of chipped chipboard was hilarious and there were exposed wires too. Only for the telephone though, still it looked insightly. Not a hotel to take young children to.

The walls were thin and the plumbing noisy but as seasoned travellers we always have our earplugs at hand.

We stayed as our first choices were fully booked but we would stay there again. The location was perfect and it was very cheap. The staff were helpful and polite which is always important.

Great for the budget traveller if the hostels are full or too raucous.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Bill E
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I can't believe that I didn't check Trip Advisor before I booked in to this hotel - it was a very last minute arrangement and I realised that the price was cheap (about 90 euro for me, my husband and son for one night, including breakfast) so really wasn't expecting too much. Also, to be fair, it was extremely close to the central train station so big points for convenience on that front.

However, it was pretty grubby, and had a very depressing air about it. There were workman working around the place and bits of odd, old furniture everywhere - even in our room. Nothing seemed to fit or match - it was all very strange. Our German friends who dropped us off there felt really embarrassed - and it looked nothing like the photos on the website. Also, the Chinese gentleman on reception (the owner?) was very unfriendly to the point where it was humorous and we wondered if we were in a Fawlty Towers comedy!

All of that said, the actual beds and towels were clean and the quite breakfast acceptable. As I have already said, it is very near the train station so that's great - an easy walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wahinetoaAuckland
Reviewed 9 December 2011

If you like a dirty,dusty and unfriendly hotel, this is the place for you.

We have stayed there on a few occasions as it is convenient for the train-station.
I will not be returning after my last trip. My travelling companion and I booked a twin room.

Upon arrival we were met by the Female Chinese owner who was pleasant for a change. Prior to last week trip, I have found her to be rude. This time it was her husband. Due to the thin walls, I was kept awake most nights by a guest, who snored, in another room who smoked despite this being a non-smoking hotel. As a result, I tried to sit in the lounge to read a book and was berated by the Male Chinese owner for sitting in the lounge. He was very annoyed when I asked for the lights to be put on so that I could read.
From the time I entered the hotel I developed breathing problems at night, due to the vast amount of dust wafting from the radiators, as I spent my entire days exploring Hamburg. As my illness progress I requested 2 extra blankets and was presented with dirty blankets cover in excrement. I resorted to putting my coat on my bed as the new Chinese receptionist couldn’t find any more in the building.
The hotel was horrendous to say the least. Prior to this trip, they had a cleaner who would clean the room correctly upon request. The present cleaner dresses the beds and that is all. As a result of my stay last week, I am now using medication for Asthma that I have not used in 20 years.
Avoid at all cost as you will either end up with Asthma related illness or Scabies from the dirty bedlinen.

Room Tip: Check the roomm for cleanliness before accepting the room. Check the bedlinen to ensure it is clean...