Novum Hotel Kronprinz Hamburg Hauptbahnhof
Hotel Popp(Hamburg)
Hotel Condor(Hamburg)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexcellent locationtrain stationtriple roombit datedthe main shopping arealarge bathroomsmall hotelyogurtwould stay here againcity breakbreakfast roomhauptbahnhofgermanykirchenalleetilesconvenienceeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just across the main station. The sightseeing tours just across the street. It is just another EUROPEAN hotel. I am sure that there are much better and much worst. The room was adequate for 2 people. The shower was perfect. The room was cleaned every. The staff was fine and I say this because I very seldom ask any staff anywhere anything but they seem nice. When we checked out I was surprised when the guy that did the check out , told us that we owe €14 for beers and some other beverages from the fridge in the lobby but that was a mistake that someone in the hotel made so I didn't paid it. The breakfast was not included but we also didn't sign for it as we prefer to look around for places to have breakfast in.If I ever go back to HAMBURG I will go back to this hotel it is very conveniently located.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank enrique142
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The hotel is convienently located right across the street from the train station so take the train from the airport and save some euro. The room was small but I expected that. The bathroom was tiny and the shower was quite tiny too. The room was clean. There was only one outlet (the TV outlet). Wifi was available and breakfast was good at 7,5 euro. The walls are thin so if you are a lite sleeper be aware.

Room Tip: I stayed in a small single room that was between two other rooms on the third floor. I could hear everything in one of the rooms next to me. The man was snoring so much he woke me up in the next room! I wasn't able to access the in room wifi during sleeping hours (jet lag/insomnia).
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Arrived last Wednesday (27/3) and traveled to Hamburg Central train station from the airport as we were aware it was very close to this hotel we had booked. On arrival and heading out onto the street (Kirchnalee) we could very quickly see the hotel in view was merely yards away so made life very easy in terms of getting around Hamburg on the reliable S-Bahn train service.
Check in was quick and efficient albeit I am not 100% sure I like a key service to rooms - think its pretty outdated in comparison to the swipe card system that most modern hotels adopt these days. Having to drop keys off every time we head out is a bit of a ball ache. I was provided with a map of Hamburg upon arrival and offered a breakfast package, which I declined.
The room was a double room and whilst it was fairly small room as a whole, I thought the price was excellent for an en-suite hotel room in an excellent location for travel. I paid roughly £200 for a 4 night stay.
The rooms came with Free WI-FI Internet access which you have to log back into every hour. This was largely reliable and an important feature of any hotel room for me.
The room also came with a tv with a standard amount of tv channels.
The shower was slightly different from what im used to as it required you to select both hot and cold generally and determine the level of each you require.. took a few mins to master but was very good after that.
There was a mini bar at reception available for getting a late drink which came in handy and a small lounge just between reception and first floor with chairs and a computer free for residents to use.
All in all location was very good, price was very good, service was very good so I really cannot complain. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2013

good price and centrally located, but those are the only positives. My room was clean, but small and slightly dated. But the biggest problem was the noise - which seemed to easy travel through the thin walls from neighbouring rooms and corridors, even though people weren't being excessively noisy. The heating was also uncomfortably hot. While I got a good deal, I can't recommend the hotel as my sleep was at times disturbed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo