“I'll be back”

Novum Hotel Kronprinz Hamburg Hauptbahnhof
Ranked #138 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel prime location. Only downside no tea & coffee making facilities in the room. But NO complaints. Spot on! Hamburg is a lovely place. 2nd time in germany & it won't be my last. German people are generally lovely. I would feel comfortable travelling as a single person in this hotel with no problem. 100yds from central station.

• Stayed: January 2014
NovumGroupHotels, Guest Relation Assistant at Novum Hotel Kronprinz Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We are delighted that you had a nice stay in our Hotel Kronprinz Novum.
We would be very pleased if we can welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,

Kronprinz Team

There are newer reviews for Novum Hotel Kronprinz Hamburg Hauptbahnhof

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was recently in Hamburg on a work trip. Its the first time I have been to Germany and Hamburg.
I wanted a hotel with a central location near the main railway station as I like to use public transport. The hotel was great, very clean and welcoming, great breakfast and very, very friendly staff, who spoke very good English and although I checked out in the morning I was able to call back later in the day to use the hotels free WiFi to check emails, which was quite refreshing. I would recommend this hotel, and I want to return in the new year for a few days break and have a proper wander around this very lovely city, and will definitely stay at the Kronprinz.
Thanks to all the staff.
Thom J North Wales.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Just had 3 nights at the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. It was fantastically located, just a 15 seconds walk across the road into the Central Station. The staff were very pleasant and spoke English comfortably. The breakfast was fine and the bathrooms were more than acceptable. The only downside was that the beds were pretty uncomfortable and been so close to the Central Station, there was a fair bit of noise from time to time but not wholly uncomfortable.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Location couldn't have been more convenient - tall, narrow, white hotel, directly opposite the front entrance (ie side with the Police Station) of Hamburg's main central station (Hauptbahnhof). Station had great links to the airport (25m journey for 2.95 e) and frequent links to all parts of the city by train or bus. Staff friendly and helpful, stayed in double room No 112, small and quite dark but had a large bathroom, very clean. No air con so too warm overnight. Lift faulty for 6 days we were there so wouldn't have wanted to be on a higher floor. Good choice of cold foods for breakfast with toast and boiled or scambled eggs. Was charged an extra 15 e 'Hamburg tax' on arrival that I wasn't expecting. Free Wi-Fi. Lots of bars and restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for room with plenty of light and plenty of space around the bed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Moved on from the neighbouring Hotel Graf, part of the Novum group of hotels and very glad I did. My room was a very good size and well designed with a spacious walk in bathroom, Very, very happy with my room indeed (Room 513 standard room)

Room had nice ligting and alsa in breakfast area. Breakfast itself was "nothing to write home about"

Both Graf and this hotel only had one english channel CNN which was a let down. Intenet was fair. This is my fave hotel in Hamburg near the main line station, better than the Best Western 4 star I stayed in last year and better location,so far.

Room Tip: Room 513 is fairly quiet and very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just across the main station. The sightseeing tours just across the street. It is just another EUROPEAN hotel. I am sure that there are much better and much worst. The room was adequate for 2 people. The shower was perfect. The room was cleaned every. The staff was fine and I say this because I very seldom ask any staff anywhere anything but they seem nice. When we checked out I was surprised when the guy that did the check out , told us that we owe €14 for beers and some other beverages from the fridge in the lobby but that was a mistake that someone in the hotel made so I didn't paid it. The breakfast was not included but we also didn't sign for it as we prefer to look around for places to have breakfast in.If I ever go back to HAMBURG I will go back to this hotel it is very conveniently located.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank enrique142
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The hotel is convienently located right across the street from the train station so take the train from the airport and save some euro. The room was small but I expected that. The bathroom was tiny and the shower was quite tiny too. The room was clean. There was only one outlet (the TV outlet). Wifi was available and breakfast was good at 7,5 euro. The walls are thin so if you are a lite sleeper be aware.

Room Tip: I stayed in a small single room that was between two other rooms on the third floor. I could hear e...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business