Romantik Hotel das Smolka
  • Restaurant
Hamburg Motel(Hamburg)
Hotel Schnoor(Hamburg)
  • Room Service
All reviewscharming hotelperfect bedclassic styleseparate roomsa great place to staymodern bathroomthe ground floorcold meatshotel barperfect locationbaumkeyairportcomfortcereal
Reviewed 23 September 2012

The staff here are excellent, of the type you don't often find anymore. The receptionists soon learn who you are and present you with your room key as soon as you approach, the gentleman who tends the bar remembers what you had to drink the previous day and offers you the same when he sees you. The rooms are fairly well appointed, I booked a double room having read the reviews here that said the singles can be small - the double was a good size. A shame that there are no coffee/tea facilities in the room.
Very quiet and a good nights sleep, every night for a week.
I didn't eat at the hotel, breakfast or evening meal as the hotel is located in the excellent area of Eppendorf which is just full of cafe's and restaurants (there is an excellent vegetarian restaurant nearby - and I'm not a veggie!)
This is my second trip to Hamburg, I have paid twice this price for a hotel half as good.
This is where I will be next time, no doubts, it's just right and really well located for the area it is in and the two u-Bahn stations u1 and u3 within a very short walk away.

Room Tip: Book a double, only a few £'s more and you get a really good sized room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I chose this hotel for my first visit to Hamburg, and am pleased that I did. I was looking for a quiet location, but close enough to the centre of Hamburg to make it easy to get about, and quick/easy to get to from the airport. This hotel definitely met my requirements. The hotel is situated on a quiet side street just a few minutes' walk from a U-Bahn stop. Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable and had everything we needed. The staff were professional and helpful. We didn't buy the breakfast as I felt it was expensive (we stayed on a room only basis). However, there are restaurants and cafes nearby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jewel1977
Reviewed 20 August 2012

A very nice, welcoming Hotel, but as it was about 30degrees at my stay and the room didn't have airconditioning, I didn sleep that godd even though the bed was very good.
Nice staff and a very nice breakfast

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Cons: Area is very nice, The hotel has his own style. Bed was very comfortable. Friendly personal at the reception, speaking very good English. Clean
Pros: the smallest shower cabin I saw in my life. Breakfast was OK, but coffee quality is unacceptable. No air-condition.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very pleasant this second stay in Hamburg. Excellent location near restaurants, train stops, and shops. Professional and helpful staff. An excellent breakfast buffet. Clean, well appointed rooms. My only complaint is that single rooms are incredibly small with barely enough room to walk around the bed if your suitcase is on the floor.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business