“lovely hostel”

Ranked #216 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
Palermo
“lovely hostel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

good place to stay, big rooms, nice view, i've been there with a friend for just two night, in a double bed with shared bathroom. good position, amazing breakfast with organic food. when we've been (march 2010) the weather was freezing and it snow a lot, but the rooms were lovely warm. quite place with shared bathrooms very clean

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends

Families
Business
Penetanguishene, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

I LOVED this hostel! I can't say enough about it. It's the best one I've stayed at in Europe so far. I showed up unexpectedly and thank god there was a spot for me. I like that the dorms are mixed with males and females. I prefer that to sharing with just girls. It makes it easier for me to socialize. The staff was quite helpful and friendly, and you can't beat the location. It's right in a lively district with tonnes of shops and pubs. There are so many pubs that if you trip you're likely to fall right in to one. It's great for younger people!

It's a newer/revamped hostel, so it's beautiful on the inside. The rooms are very bright and roomy with huge windows that open up. The bathrooms are GREAT! Extremely clean. There was a big table in my room with enough chairs for the amount of people staying in the room, so it's great if you want to play cards or something. I ended up chatting with all my roomies, and we all went out together that night. It was a blast.

The hostel has a restaurant in it, as well as a good sized outdoor patio area in the center of the building complex. It's got some trees and it's nice and shady. The continental breakfast in the morning is pretty good, so I'd recommend paying for it. (Just beware: the yogurt isn't sweet. haha. I found that out when I tried to make a muslix). The internet wasn't working when I was there, but that was probably the only downside I can think of. HIGHLY recommended :)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo