“Basic accomodation in a good location”
Review of A&O Hamburg City

A&O Hamburg City
Ranked #61 of 102 Speciality Lodging in Hamburg
“Basic accomodation in a good location”
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The company I visited booked this accomodation for me. It is in a really good location (5minutes from S-Bahn and U-Bahn station) and this is the greatest value of the hotel.
The rooms are small with very basic furniture (no wardrobe or commode, a really small table), but the bathroom is ok and the room is clean.
Unfortunately most of the guests are young belonging to huge groups so the hotel is far from being quiet.
There is a free wifi in the lounge, though it works better in the morning, in the nights it is slow and unstable.
I would recommend the breakfast (for 6EUR/person), which is very rich. Though it gets boring after a while as there are the same things on the table all the time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lubeck, Germany
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Very good location - 5 min till S- and U- Bahn, around 15 min till Hauptbanhof and city Center. Nice and clean rooms, with TV and shower. Nice place where to stay for weekend. There is free Wi-Fi at the ground floor, but I didn't use it because I came to Hamburg to see my friends. Any way if you need to spend night in nice, clean and good place I would like to recommend this hotel/hostel.

Room Tip: There is S-and U-Bahn near to hotel/hostel, so be ready that it makes some noises during the night
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Preston, Lancs
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This hotel was not booked by myself but as I had to choose out of the A & O Hotels in Hamburg this one seemed the best option after seeing the reviews on Tripadvisor.
The hotel was not in the nicest area and a good 10 to 15 minute walk from the city centre-bearing in mind that I can walk quite fast. The entrance was nothing special-although I wasn't really expecting much for a 2 star and I just wanted a clean bed for the night.
On arrival I provided confirmation regarding my booking which included the e-mail with my booking reference. After being made to fill out my personal details on a form the staff asked if I had a voucher and as I didn't they decided I had to pay although this hotel had already being booked by another organisation on my behalf. But I could use the voucher next time I stayed here!
It's fair to say that we made a quick exit and decided to pay to stay somewhere better with decent customer service. I received vouchers for everything else and therefore I can only assume that A & O Hotels messed up this booking and the voucher I was meant to receive!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Hamburg hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 December 2012

It was a surprise when I realized that everything was clean on a hostel so cheap. Be aware that you have to pay for the sheets!
The staff was really helpful.
It is near the metro station that runs to the city center.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 16 June 2012 via mobile

This hostel is everything a hostel should be!

Rooms are spotless clean!!! I shared a room with 5 friends in a 6 bed dorm. Lovelly fresh clean linen provided. There was also a separate toilet and shower room in our bedroom which were also spotless.

There is a great buzz about this hostel. The bar downstairs is great value. Pints and bottles of beer for €2-2.50. You can not complain about prices like that. There's also a good selection of eats such as pizza, pasta, chicken winks also very reasonable!!!

Would definitely recommend a stay here, was only in Hamburg for one night but it looks like a cracking city so will be returning for a few days and staying here !!!!!

• Stayed June 2012