1,231 results
All reviews tower bar newer part beautiful view of the harbor new wing fish market portuguese quarter hotel is located ideal location walking distance underground station bars and restaurants small room rooms are nice enjoyed my stay nice bar business trip city centre
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel is fairly old but very well maintained, staff are friendly and were always greeting with a smile. Bed and pillows ...LOVED THEM! However, I feel I need to note the following: I had received a fruit platter upon arrival. One night after being told by reception that the kitchen was closed and I could "eat the Pringles in my minibar", I opted for the banana. To my dismay, after 2 days, the banana peel was still in my room, untouched along with the now over-ripe fruit. The water was not replaced daily, I drank sparingly on the same bottle to avoid running out. I called to mention that there was a very loud noise coming from my bathroom and that I couldn't sleep (this was the first night), and by night 4 the noise had still not been addressed and lastly, my turndown amenities seemed to arrive before my room was even made up. I would like to suggest adding maybe an English movie channel as all I could watch was BBC news and CNN. Wifi connection was also not very good. I will however comment that the breakfast was amazing! The hostess and staff were efficient and friendly - definitely the best part of my stay - and I'm not even a morning person. Overall, the hotel and it's venues, especially the bar in the reception are lovely but I couldn't help but feel a bit ignored.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank TarrynAdamsKihler09
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The hotel has a nice view over the harbour (upgraded room) and and a central location.

The staff is very attentive and serviceminded above the expected.
Eat there as well, the food was surprisingly good with absolute value for the money.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with view to the docs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Photofredrik
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We only stayed for a couple nights but we were very pleased with the accommodations and location. We'd happily to stay here again in the future. The nautical theme is amusing. Two-hundred characters!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked a room in this hotel for New Year's Eve for myself. I stayed on the 10th floor over-looking the port. It was a beautiful view. If I wanted to, I could of watched all the fireworks from the comfort of my room...The room were very nice and clean! The bath room shower was kind of awkward because the shower didn't have any doors. It don't think it was supposed to have doors but the floors are angled in such a way that the water runs back into the shower drain. I am not sure on their pricing during a regular day but I did pay 100 euro for 1 night. Typically, I wouldn't do this but it was New Year's Eve so I bit the bullet. I hope their prices are a bit more fair. The internet connect was perfect up on the 10th floor. My only complain is the breakfast buffet being 20 euro a person! I definitely skipped it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2013

the hotel has some nice features, such as the restaurant (where breakfast is served) and the tower bar at the 11th floor with a great view over the port .. the breakfast is very good, but I feel that it needs to be considering the price is Euro 20 .. the room was spacious and very neat .. good beds .. the place where the towels are hung is not really convenient, just next to the open shower, so you have to place them elsewhere to prevent them from getting all wet .. laundry service was okay .. when I returned in my room after the first day, the room wasn't cleaned at all .. I reported it at the front desk and they immediately took action .. at the moning of the second day (6 December), there was a Sinterklaas present on the treshold .. there was an error in my bill (they charged breakfast for two persons, while I stayed in the hotel alone) but it was corrected at my request ..

Room Tip: ask for harbour view room .. there seem to be rooms in the basement that have no windows at all ..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business