Holiday Inn Hamburg
Official Site
US$170
getaroom.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsfree mini barbus stopcity centrenice hotelthe hotel was fully bookedstandard roomreception staffgood sizeresidential areabusiness staypublic transportday tickettwin bedshotel breakfastrooms are bignice staycentral station
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We came for some meetings, to find out that there seems to be some conventions or trade shows in town and 99 % of 3 and 4 star hotels are sold out, so even this Holiday Inn, which is 15 minutes by taxi from town and with really nothing nearby to do or see, cost over 230 Euros per night; which I am used to paying at high end hotels, not Holiday Inn. My room had 3 single (twin) beds spread out in the room, a very old TV with mayb 2 english news channels and nothting else in English. The bar is nice/fun. Overall clean, but not great value in my situation.
And the beds, on my, softess ever...you feel your bum go down to the box spring (lucky there was a box spring). Way too soft!

Room Tip: Book early to get a decent price, or find a hotel closer to town so you are not stuck taking 12 euros taxi rides back and forth.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Hamburg, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Ilan,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate this as it helps us to improve our services on a regular basis. Our house is located near the city centre which you can reach by bus in less than10 minutes. We are sorry we did mot meet your expectations and would be glad to welcome you again to convince you of our services.
Kind regards,
(Guest Relations Supervisor)

Reviewed 27 March 2014

When I arrived there were no parking spaces so I had to park in the underground car park which is 15 euros a night, it expensive if you ask me. But check in was quick and helpful, room was good with tv and coffee facilities, it the Germans always dub the english programs not subtitle them so you only get news channels, and that's all in Germany not specific to this hotel. The restaurant was very nice. Nice food nice service and served until 10pm. The bar was really good, open until half midnight. The WiFi is free and good for watching videos. Really good hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Hamburg, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate this. We offer 60 free parking spaces on the hotel ground. Most of the times there are free parking spots available in the streets as well.

We will forward your kind words to our staff and hope to welcome you back some time in the future.

Kind regards from the beautiful city of Hamburg,

(Guest Relations Supervisor)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have been to many Holiday Inns and this one is a good one. Nice building, good location, fair rates. Rooms are clean and sunny. Staff has always a smile at its face. Only thing that could be better was the breakfast. I wish I had more choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Hamburg, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Alka,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate this and will forward your kind words to our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Holiday Inn Hamburg some time in the future!

Kind regards,
Guest Relations Supervisor

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This was my first ever visit to Germany and I was not disappointed-though the Germans are worse than the British for smoking !!.
The hotel reception staff were really nice & the rooms were excellent.As has been already been stated on here,the location is 10-15 minutes bus ride from the centre of Hamburg.I have never used buses so much since I left school! Once you pay the driver to town-2 Euros-remember you can use the ticket for the rest of the day.One thing I was unhappy at was the price for breakfast (18 Euros) and -as in many hotels-the bar prices.Why don't hoteliers realise that if they reduce bar prices then more people would stay there for more drinks?Even more so when the bar is as nice as the Windfang.After a round of 4 Cokes & a coffee came to over £20 we decided to go to the bar down the road.As for Hamburg-what a lovely place;and the German people were far friendlier than I expected.We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Holiday_Inn_Hamburg, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate this. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Hamburg and we are looking to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,
Guest Relations Supervisor

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Room:
Comfortable
Facilities:
Safe didn't work (maybe just me not being technical enough to understand)
Wi-Fi:
Slow and not very usable, you certainly cannot stream, you can pay extra for a premium service but even when you do, the speed is the same so it is pointless.
Food:
Only did breakfast, which was standard German buffet style
Staff:
Friendly and helpful and most spoke good English
Location:
Too far from the city centre, costs about 15-20 Euro's to get there, suggest if you want a closer Holiday Inn book the Holiday Inn Express instead.
Various:
Annoying door stop on the floor which was right infront of the wardrobe, so very easy to forget it was there and stub your toe on it.

General:
Noticed when I returned home that in my pending payment details on my bank account, 3 spurious payments where waiting payment from the hotel. I had paid in advance, but when I enquired the help desk said it was standard for a deposit? as yet none of these payments have been taken from my account, and they stated it was unlikely they would, but still strange that they take 3 payments instead of one standard?

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors as when you are checking out it is easier to get a lift. Rooms overlooking the river are very nice
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nigel W
Holiday_Inn_Hamburg, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Nigel,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We really appreciate this.
We are really sorry that we could not meet your expectations. Regarding the three payments you mentioned we would like to inform you that the first payment has been the payment of your booked hotel room. The other two payments have been authorizations by your bank. When you checked in at the hotel, we have saved your credit card for further costs at the hotel. Your bank authorizes the credit card for the two reservations you have made. Please be sure, that we do not charge antything from your credit card for the authorization.

You can reach the city center in less than 10 minutes by bus. A bus stop is located 200 m away from the hotel and there is a bus leaving every ten minutes. You can buy tickets at our hotel or at the bus stop.

Nonetheless, we hope that you have had a nice stay in Hamburg!

Best regards!