“I've never given this high a rating...”

Le Meridien Hamburg
Ranked #31 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 14 July 2009

So, I have never rated a hotel this highly. And I thought I had been impressed before! This hotel and accompanying staff blew me away. Beginning from my arrival, the valet and reception staff were so friendly. Check-in was a breeze and I was alerted that all drinks I'd find in the room are complimentary (what?!). I was also told I could pick up an apple and water at the table behind me...
My room was great - such a modern feel but so comfortable and useful. I love it when design meets convenience... There were outlets everywhere I needed one. There were hooks where I needed them. There was a neato fold out ironing board station that just looked like a fancy mirror. The super huge shower stall was cleverly disguised behind a frosted glass wall. Plus, cool claw tub, in you want a bath. The little details were present, too, in typical Le Meridien fashion: free admission to Deichtorhallen Hamburg.
Also, it was walking distance to shops. Across the street, a beautiful lake is there to be seen. The food was superb and the wait staff seemed to take a genuine interest in you.
I really liked the hotel, if you can't tell.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank rileigh15
GRMHamburg, Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2010

Dear rileigh15,

Thank you very much for staying at Le Royal Méridien Hamburg and for taking the time to write a comment about our stay in www.tripadvisor.de. Due to the comments and suggestions from our guests, we are continually able to improve our high level of quality and service.

We are delighted to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a very good impression of the hotel. It was indeed a pleasure to have you here! Thank you for all your kind words of praise.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and we hope very much to be able to greet you again in the near future.

Guest Relations Executive Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,536)

Reviewed 14 July 2009

The hotel is a breath of fresh air in the hotel world in Hamburg.
Loved it all the way!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business

Dear ctinom,

We are delighted to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a very good impression of the hotel. It was indeed a pleasure to have you here.

Reviewed 10 July 2009

A very comfortable, stylish hotel. The location is lakeside with an almost rural feeling, yet the hotel is only a short walk to the main trainstation and center of Hamburg.
The staff was cheerful and professional. Though not "cheap," the hotel was a good value. The breakfast room alone is worth a stay.
The hotel is also a convenient walk to bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
GRMHamburg, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2009

Dear Georgemia,

Thank you very much for staying at Le Royal Méridien Hamburg and for taking the time to fill in our guest questionnaire. Due to the comments and suggestions from our guests, we are continually able to improve our high level of quality and service.

Reviewed 7 July 2009

Have stayed at this very conveniently located hotel 3 times for business over the last 18 months. Have loved it each time, getting a room overlooking the river. The hotel is extremely modern and the bedrooms are beautiful. I wish I had taken some photos of my rooms when I have stayed....the lighting and etching of butterflies each side of the Queen size bed are really unique, have never seen anything like it in other business hotels I have stayed in.
The staff are very friendly and attentive, the food is superb (I always put on at least half a stone when I am there for the week), breakfast in the morning is great, and the meals in the evening fantastic in each of the restaurants. The bar staff are great, coming up to you wherever you are sat with free nibbles and taking your next order, without you leaving your seat.
I've stayed in the more expensive Kempinksi just around the corner from this hotel and it is nothing in comparison (rude reception desk staff, moudly walls in and outside your room, tatty carpets (yes I know the Kempinksi hotel is a lot, lot older, but it doesn't look like they've spent any money on it at all), and also stayed in a few others in the city which are nothing special. Would definitley choose the Royal Meridien each and every time I am in Hamburg.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business

Dear tabaheights78,

We are delighted to hear that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a very good impression of the hotel. Thank you for the compliments you gave to our bar staff. We gladly informed them of the former!

Reviewed 30 June 2009

Le Meridien is a nice enough hotel, but look for an internet special - it makes it more worthwhile. There are some restaurants in the area, and it is about 1 km from the Hauptbahnhof and the nearest S and U-Bahn stations. It is very close to the art museum but not particularly convenient to most other sights.

The rooms are generously sized and provide chairs and a mini-sofa for relaxing. The bathrooms are great with a faux old-fashioned tub, a large walk-in shower, big fluffy towels, and diverse toiletries. The mini-bar offerings are gratis but not diverse (the snacks are not free). The rooms also come with air-conditioning, robes, and a laptop safe. We found our stay to be very quiet despite the Harley motorcycle convention in town.

The paint, floors, and furniture show scuffs, cigarette burns, and wear-and-tear, so the last renovation must not have been too recent despite the modernistic decor. The harsh lighting and baby blue paint in the hall were especially well-suited to a hospital. The illuminated glass headboard was novel, and thankfully the purple neon accents could be turned off.

As these are only cosmetic things, I will say that our stay was very comfortable and pleasant. But I can only give them 4 stars instead of 5.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms. Jesstoday,

If you would like to book your next stay with points, please contact me directly and we can arrange the former.

Reviewed 28 June 2009

Sated for twice 2 nights in Le Meridien. Staff is very dedicated and helpfull. Hotel is clean. Nice bar and restaurant with lake view at the top floor. Hotel located just on the aussenalster lake and some rooms have a very nice view, which offset the poor decoration. thay have tried to me artistic modern and the result look what i imagine to be a Scandinavian Dental clinic. Attention to SPG gold memebers is irregular. Other hotels offer more central location and fancier rooms -with no lake view- at better terms.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business

Dear pprhh,

We take your Starwood Preferred Gold status very seriously and indeed apologize if you did not have the impression that this is the case. We are sorry to hear, that the hotel design was not to your likings.

We, however, look very much forward to welcoming you again in the very near future in order to persuade you of our excellent services and facilities.

Reviewed 9 June 2009

Good hotel overall. Within walking distance from main Hamburg train station! I didn't spend much time in the room or use the other hotel features since we were out so much but the room was pretty big, the bathroom was nice. Room had a mini fridge & lots of neat swag (cloth laundry bag, sewing kit, shampoos, etc). Beds were comfy and staff was helpful. I think it was € 100 a night & is a starwood hotel (yay points!).

I'd probably stay there again if I could reserve with points or if they had a special (the hotel beside us was only € 65/night).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family