Ibis Hamburg Airport
Park Hyatt Hamburg(Hamburg)
US$341
US$244
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$271/night.

US$388
US$90
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

US$113
US$176
US$164
Official Site
1,213 results
All reviewshamburg airporta free shuttle busshuttle service isan early morning flightschnitzelnext morningan overnight staystayed for one nightnice hotelshort stayrooms are basicrecommend this hotelthe hotel offerss bahn stationfree wificonvenient locationwalking distance
Reviewed 5 August 2007

This nice hotel located within (literally) walking distance from Hamburg airport was excellent as a stop before or after a flight.
We stayed there for one night during July 2007 with 3 teenagers (2 rooms). Location was excellent for our purposes, rooms were large and comfortable. Great showers. Staff extremely pleasant and helpful. We dined at the hotel restaurant and the food and service were great. Word of advice: book the free airport shuttle as soon as you can, as places are limited. (Although we ended up taking a taxi which cost only 5 Euros...)

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Liora V
Reviewed 9 January 2007

The hotel lies in walking distance to Hamburg's Fuhlbuettel airport. Its rooms have the standard "no frills" Ibis layout, but are fully sufficient for a short stay and very clean. Good sound insulation, a great breakfast buffet (9 EUR when not included in rate) and a free internet terminal in the lobby are provided. Very friendly staff. Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank JanBerlin
Reviewed 26 July 2006

My mother & I had a 9 am flight so we decided to stay close to the airport. I had seen on several different web sites the ad for the Ibis Hamburg Airport hotel. There is a special for July and August (I believe) for 47 euros for a double room.

That was just what we needed. The hotel is right outside of the airport with a free shuttle. We arrived at Hamburg Airport to get our bearings. We went to the Airport Office where the clerk called to make the reservation for us for that night and arranged for the shuttle to pick us up.

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. I had to change the request time for our shuttle the next day but that was not a problem. One young lady gave good directions on finding the bus stop to go back into City Center.

The driver was not unpleasant but not exactly friendly either. Did not seem particularly eager to handle our 2 suitcases. We left about 5:50 am the next day and arrived within about 6 minutes. There were 3 gentlemen being dropped off before us. One of them was kind enough to put our luggage on the shuttle. I guess the driver felt guilty so he actually offloaded them for us when we arrived at the airport.

The room was extremely clean. The bathroom was impeccable. It sort of reminds me of our bathroom on a cruise ship. No tub but a good sized shower. One other plus was how soundproof the room was. We faced the street and were right next to the airport. But we didn't hear a thing! We heard a couple of people in the hallway but no outside noise.

If you need a clean, quiet, affordable place to stay while waiting for your flight, the Ibis Hamburg Airport hotel is a good choice. It is also convenient by city bus. The 110 stops right across the street. It will take you to the airport and also the Ohlsdorf train station. There you can take the U-Bahn and the S-Bahn into the city center.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank WeLuvTravel
A TripAdvisor Member
Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 26 November 2005

In October I stayed two times one night at a hotel near the Hamburg airport. Since I didn't know which hotel would best suit me, I booked one night at the Hotel Ibis, the other, at Novotel Hamburg Airport. I was quite happy about both hotels in the end.

My comparison boils down to this: The Novotel has slightly more upscale lobby and room furniture (including minibar and pay TV), but the Ibis is more conveniently located.

The Ibis hotel shuttle took less than 5 minutes to get to and from the airport , whereas foror Novotel, the trip took over 15 minutes. This latter turned out to be a bit inconvenient for me beause after checking out from Novotel I just missed the shuttle to the airport and had to wait for a half an hour until it got back to pick me up. (I still caught my plane, but not by much.) I did not try getting to the city center from Novotel, but the trip from Ibis to the center was easy and took less than 30 minutes using city transport (day pass cost about 6 Euros). You need to take 3 stops (to the terminus) on a bus that stops almost right in front of the hotel in order to reah the metro; the metro then takes you directly to the city center. A small TV screen in the lobby displays the check-in times for upcoming departing flights.

As for my stay itself in Ibis, it was quite pleasant and trouble free. The staff was friendly both at the lobby and in the hotel restaurant. I fully agree with the positive comments of earlier reviewers and I highly recommend it if you want a simple but modern, clean, and convenient place.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 June 2005

We had been due to travel on a flight from Hamburg to London which was cancelled at the last minute. After standing in a long queue, Lufthansa rebooked us onto different flights and also arranged accommodation for the three of us at the Ibis Hamburg Airport.

The hotel provides a free shuttle bus between the hotel and airport. The airline had arranged for the bus to collect us from the terminal, and it's advised that you request transport to the airport in advance (we did this when we checked in). Check in was quick and easy. However, due to the short notice booking only smoking rooms were available, but they (thankfully!) didn't smell in the slightest. The rooms were modern and clean and although the bathrooms are slightly quirky, they too were clean and modern, and the shower was good and powerful. Hair dryers are available from the reception desk, where there is also free internet access. The hotel staff tried to find some toothpaste for us (we didn't have any with us) but were unsuccessful. However, there is a petrol station a very short walk (100m or so) from the hotel where we were able to buy some.

We had dinner in the hotel cafe (as Lufthansa were paying) and the choice was rather limited. However, the food tasted pretty good and the staff were friendly. Prices were moderate.

Breakfast takes the form of a buffet, with a variety of breads, cold meats, cheeses, jams, cereals, yogurts, etc. and was filling. We had a lot to choose from, and in terms of drinks coffee, various teas and fruit juices were available. The staff seemed a little grumpy, possibly as we went to breakfast at 09:50 when it is advertised as being served from 06:00 to 10:00. However, this wasn't a major problem.

Overall, the Ibis Hamburg Airport is what you would expect from a fairly reputable 2* hotel. It was clean and comfortable and would probably suit those wanting a relatively cheap bed for the night either before or after a flight.

• Stayed: June 2005