“Good business trip”

Ranked #50 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Bordeaux, France
“Good business trip”
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Just a quick in and out to this hotel.
Everything went well check in, bar, restaurent, check out...
Nice room, quiet, good service.

Two small things, after checking in, just as he gave e my key I was told they only had smoking rooms available, that I had no choice.. it turns out the smell wasn't that bad.

Also, I tried to make a reservation via the Accors Hotels web site, I was informed th hotel was full.
Freinds of mine from Hamburg rang the hotel and got a room in 2 mins.. strange.

Apart from that a good hotel, good service and well worth the visit.

Room Tip: as for a quiet room not on the front of the hotel, too much trafic.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 17 September 2012

location good ... but the U-Bahn that near to the Hotel doesn't have elevator ( for Kids Trolley !!)
the Personnel friendly .. Kids Zone with XBox :), Internet free in Lobby only for 20 min.
WiFi cost you around 9 Euro/day
Parking fees depending on your reservation !!
Late Check out for free :)
the best Thing ... you will take your breakfast at your room for only 2 Euro as room service ( if Breakfast included )

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Riyadh
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

During our this year's summer holiday, we visited and stayed in 8 different European cities and we can say that the best of all was Novotel Hamburg Alster. The rooms, the service, the breakfast and the overall atmosphare was really excellent. Everything was very clear as well. Only the location was not perfect but it was OK.

• Stayed August 2012
Karmsund
Reviewed 8 September 2012

First of all; I would have given this hotel a better ranking if it wasn’t for the high price they required for my room, 299 Euros each night for a single room, and that did not even include breakfast which was charged at an additional 9 Euro.

In my opinion this is a nice hotel, located in a central place in Hamburg. The rooms are quite large with a separate bathroom with both a bathtub and a shower while the toilet is in a separate room just beside the door into the room.

There is also a coach and a desk top in the room.

There is a relatively well stocked minibar for you to choose from, a quite good flat screen TV and a wired Internet that worked pretty good.

The person who was in the reception at our arrival was very helpful and seemed to know a lot about everything we asked him about. Good service.

There is a quite busy street on one side of the hotel, I got a room on this side but it didn’t bother me much.

The breakfast buffet was good as well, and the staffs are pretty quick in approaching you after you have found your table asking if you want coffee or tea and they are back with your choice within a minute or so.

I guess that one particular reason why the room was so expensive was due to the ongoing SMM trade fair (International shipping fair and conference). So since the reason why I was in Hamburg was this trade fair it was luckily a business trip paid by the company I work for.

We mostly used taxis while going various places in Hamburg, but there is a U-Bahn station just outside the hotel.

The cleaning of my room was good and up to standard.

We did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel so I can’t say anything about that.

To conclude; I really liked this hotel including the staff I was in contact with. But honestly 299 Euros a night + and additional 9 Euro for breakfast is way too much. If the price was the half of this I would nearly have given it full score, but even me as a Norwegian and used to very high prices seems this is too much.

I would easily have given this hotel 4 stars if it wasn't for the high price, therefore only 3 stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the main street
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Lindesberg
Reviewed 5 September 2012

A nice and comfortable Hotell close to the city. Close to a walk around the citylake Alster.
Nice shopping around the corner. A lot of restaurants nereby. City Hall is worth a visit. And Junfernstieg and Europa Passage - the big mall.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Early flight to Hamburg and was able to check into hotel right away. I did the breakfast buffet before heading out to local sights. Let me tell you, this buffet was AWESOME. Fresh juices, jams for all tastes. I loved the smoked salmon and cheeses. Still dreaming of it now. I did get the business package which made it convenient to do Internet and breakfast (a must have). Otherwise, a bit pricy without package.

The staff was very friendly and pleasant to work with. Room very clean and had a "welcome" screen on TV with my name on it (nice touch). Since I am used to plush beds, you may not like the ones they have. But I did manage to get decent night rest during my trip. uBahn station steps away. I was there during European Cup, so the hotel lobby was great to watch game on big screen. Overall, lovely stay and will be back for sure.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business