“great place for lunch”

Ranked #270 of 3,833 Restaurants in Hamburg
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We love good food. And we know that in hectic times like these we all need good brain food so that body & soul are functioning. That's how we came up with the idea of slow fast food. Besides our favored All-Day-Long breakfast at the weekend, we focus on fine-dining-salads and sandwiches which you can individually order by choice on a special menue card and we offer as well small international dishes which recipees we have picked on our travels from all over the world. Come for coffee and cake and you will discover cakes which you might not have heard of before. Our favorites are the sweet potato cheesecake and the Hawaiin "Kauai" Carrot cake made with carrots, pineapple, coconut and other great ingrediants. Yummy - Yummy! If you are on the run you can get everything to go. We wrap it up for you so you can enjoy your favorite soup, salad or cakes later... We are based in Hamburg Ottensen, just around the corner from the hectic streetlife. And will be happy to see and serve you - come chillaxing with us!
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I enjoyed the food and friendly service there while on my 2 week stay in Hamburg, I like the menu it looks very creative, it is a small place in walking distance to Altona Train Station, It a must do restaurant if you looking for a great lunch expect to pay around 10 euros per person. Lots of kudos to the amazing service I received on a few of my visit to the Von der Motte.

1  Thank worldtravler777
Energyseeker, Inhaber at Von der Motte, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear World Traveler 777,

than you very much for your wonderful critics about service and food. Knowing ourselves how we want to be treated ourselves when unwinding and relaxing, we think that good and friendly service is crucial. The food can be excellent, but served by somebody rude will take all the fun and enjoyment away. So yes, thank you for noticing…..;-) We love our staff as well!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

... and follows one simple truth: nothing in this world is genious and complicated at the same time.

Select any ingredience for your salad from a comprehensive selection menu. Add the dressing of your choice and enjoy the best ever salad meal. And the bread .... delicious!

1  Thank Niels J

Dear Nils,

thank you so much for praising our individual salads! I have to admit that we copied the idea from an individual Build-your-own-Burger concept in Chicago - a really cool restaurant I visited. We thought: If it works for Burgers - for sure it will work for salads and sandwiches and people love the system of selection what they want or not want without pulling things out of their salads they dislike.

So yes, thank you Nils, we appreciated your comment a lot - shows us that we must have done something right…;-)

Warm wishes and a big thank you to wherever you are right now!

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I was there with my girlfriend and we had an awesome breakfast.
I highly recommend the pancakes and the scrambled eggs.
Compared to Munich it's very affordable and has a great price value balance.

3  Thank Localhost0

Dear Breakfast-Lover,

thank you so much for your short but very clear comment! We love guests like yourself.
Please come back next time you hit town!

Cheers,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Excellent, friendly service. Food is delicious, healthy and flavourful and the obvious freshness and care taken opens your eyes to what is missing in too many restaurant meals. I went back twice during a three day stay in Hamburg. Not to be missed!

2  Thank Jacob_514
Energyseeker, Inhaber at Von der Motte, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Jacob,

thank you so much for your sweet comment and we are happy to hear that you came back twice within a three day stay - hallejulia! We love guests like you. Please send all your canadian friends over here - if they have your attitude, we are more than happy to have them! And yes - as I am a worldwidetraveller myself I have visited many restaurants in my life. I love food with a mission - it´s not only meant to taste great and maybe a little bit different what people know, I also love to look at well decorated food and my cooks as well…

Hope to see you back here one day!
Warmest wishes to Canada from sunny Hamburg,

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We decided to visit due to excellent reviews in Trip Advisor. We were visiting our daughter, who has been in Hamburg for a year. We totally enjoyed our dinners, and hope to return. We second all the complimentary reviews!

1  Thank Connie M

Dear Conny,

I am very happy to hear that you liked your stay with us while visiting your daughter - so now you know where to go to when back in town…;-)

Thank you very much for your lovely comment and we are looking forward to having you back at Von der Motte!

Warm wishes,