“Friendly service”

Ristorante Vesuvio
Ranked #909 of 4,096 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I didn't have one of the Italian dishes which I regretted. I don't remember the name if of the dish I choose, but it was distiinctly German-style. But not bad and staff was nice.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Our first dinner in Hamburg, so nothing really yet here to compare this with, but with 2 more nights remaining, I might be back. It is located directly cross the road from the Hauptbanhof and across from where the various city tour buses depart. I arrived with my 5 year old son slightly ahead of the main evening rush and found the restaurant with only 2 tables occupied. From the outset service was informal but welcoming and friendly. We were seated and served quickly and my sons food intolerance was catered for. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the food was delicious. The waiter even tried to help my son to learn some Italian which was a nice touch. Two main courses, a beer and bottle of water came to around 25 euros which didn’t seem too bad to me considering the service and food quality. The portion size also was perfect for me and a bit too much for my son, so no need for other courses on this instance. Would recommend and as I say, might yet be back before we go home!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Visited with my daughter on a sneaky trip to Germany and really enjoyed this. The food came quickly and the carbonara was amazing. Would come again if we were here for longer than a couple of days.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch while heading out for a walk, good food!

Three of us stopped in for a quick lunch while walking around the city and had a great lunch. Two of us had pizza fresh and tasty, our son had the Wiener Schnitzel, said it was quite good.

We sat outside and enjoyed the time there, service was fine. Nice quick lunch with good food.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Yes, it's covenient, you'll see it right in front of the train station. You'll come in a hurry after a long day "touristing" and have your fill of slightly salty pizzas, served by the overworked waiter with a basic command of English while you try to ignore the stained tablecloths and seat cushions.