“It was ok”

Amedia Express Hamburg Moorfleet
Ranked #163 of 323 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The room was ok and the beds were nice. The wifi won't reach the rooms, and the only space that I could sit to use my computer was a smoking room with a strong smell. I got at the city on a weekend, and the trains don't go to the train station that is near the hotel in weekends, so I had to take a bus that took almost an hour to get there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Its out of the city though not by far - taxi drivers don't usually know where it is - we had to take quite a few u-turns to get to it. Very basic, check-in was a bit of a nightmare. Room very basic, no phone, internet slow but was working. Didn't try the TV. Didn't try the breakfast either. At just over 100 euro its not bad and if Hamburg is packed out it is OK just to crash at night. I wouldn't like to spend more than a night or two though.

Room Tip: Its a pretty quiet location anyway so I guess it doesn't matter where you get a room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

In the middle of nowhere, you eventually stumble upon the Amedia Express - where the decor and cleanliness is as lousy as the staff waiting to assist you.

The rooms are tiny, the bed is awkward, the TV doesn't actually work, there's no phone in any of the rooms, and there's no wifi.

Breakfast was pretty limited, but one of the least worse aspects to the hotel.

For €80 (what my room cost) you could buy a terrible tent, which would be more relaxing and technologically advanced.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Unfriendly and more or less chain-smoking and unfriendly night-staff.
For the rest medium-low standard. Good and free carpark facilities. Breafast isnt included in the rates and costs you 11,80 Euro. The hotel isnt far seay from the S-Bahn, just 6-8 min walk.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Marita L
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Hamburg war packed that weekend in August so we had to find a hotel as central and affordable as possible.

Found this one which proved to be 8 km. (approx. 20€ by taxi) away from inner city locations.

Tidy rooms and bath fascilities.

Air was a wee bit steamy (a very humid day in Hamburg it was though) and not all channels on the tv were functioning but, overall, it was fine.

Parking space for cas was worth the mention. Free of charge and very spacious.

Oh, service at the reception was very nice as well.

If inncer city Hamburg is ever crowded and outbooked again, we will go for this one again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: The place has smoking rooms too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Unfortunately, I do not have good recollections of this hotel nor would I recommend staying in it.

My daughter and I found ourselves in a particularly unfortunate situation when we arrived to that hotel late at night in August 2012 -- just three hours prior, one of our tires blew and disintegrated on the highway. The car I was driving was a rental and I needed to find a garage where my tire could be replaced. I admit that it was a disappointment not having a phone in the room as when my husband called from Canada, my daughter and I had to go downstairs to talk to him.

Normally, if a hotel had access to Internet, I would not need anyone's help trying to locate a garage in Hamburg but seeing as we did not have our own computer with us and whatever little Internet that was available in the foyer was extremely slow and unreliable (kept on getting dropped), I had no choice but to ask for the receptionist's help. And that is when we experienced even more disappointment, if not a shock!

The receptionist was helping us extremely reluctantly and even, at some point, told us that it was not in her job description to find a garage for us as this was a problem of our car rental insurance in Poland! Yes, the car had been rented in Poland and yes, according to the insurance, I was responsible for the replacement of the tires but that was a completely separate issue, something that was NOT for the receptionist to comment on!

She would not let me use her computer and was very hesitant as to googling the address of the garage. When I told her that I was going to leave to find help elsewhere, she stopped me and said that she would help me because I was their guest. It took a while as, in the meantime, she checked in a German couple who had just arrived but eventually she did make me an appointment for the next day and gave me the address of the garage. My daughter and I thanked her but it still would have been nice to receive a print-out of directions to get there. At that point of time, the receptionist brought another receptionist to the front desk -- it was a young girl who spoke Polish -- and said that we should be able to communicate better. ??? There was nothing wrong with the German receptionist's English -- why then the attitude? Whatever animosity had ever been between certain nationalities, it should not affect professional approach and overall service. We had to AGAIN explain everything to the other receptionist but it turned out that it was worth it -- she showed much more compassion and understanding by printing out the directions to the garage.

I will conclude here by saying that the hotel would benefit from training their employees to consistently demonstarte politeness and good social skills to ALL customers regardless of their nationality.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family