“Recommended!”

Ranked #104 of 318 Hotels in Hamburg
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Recommended!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, very smart with professional and helpful staff. Rooms were modern and clean, a very enjoyable stay.

Close to the central train station and good transport links can be accessed from there to explore the city and surrounding area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tom G
NovumGroupHotels, Guest Relation Assistant at Novum Style Hotel Hamburg-Centrum, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
We are delighted that you had a nice stay in our Hotel DAS Hamburg.
We would be very pleased if we can welcome you again soon.

Kind regards,

DAS Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bristol UK
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Great location, 10 minutes to the town, on the edge of the red light area but not a problem. Smallish rooms but very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is 9.5 euros, we went next door to Baklava! We really were quite impressed until this afternoon. Then I'm afraid i was distinctly unimpressed.
In the morning I asked the receptionist to book a taxi/bus to take 6 of us to the airport. I watched her do it! Anyway five to six taxi driver walks in and then says he can't take six people and luggage!! I went to reception and to cut a long story short it was agreed to get a bigger taxi to come. All this time the original driver is hanging around, his English wasn't great so I asked the receptionist to sort him out, then our "replacement" taxi supposedly arrives and we are then told that we won't get a larger vehicle so we have to take 2 taxis. I complained again saying that the hotel should sort it out and basically a shrug of the shoulders...to top it all when we went to get into both taxis the original one would have only carried 4 people and the second taxi disappeared!!
Appalling customer service from the hotel so be warned, double check everything, sad really, it's soured my opinion.

Room Tip: All seem the same
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Bad Homburg, Germany
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Location:
The hotel is conveniently located: just a 5-10 minutes walk from Hamburg central station. There are cafés and small supermarkets close by.
To be honest, I was glad that I travelled with a colleague. I would not have felt completely at ease to walk there alone when it was dark (but that applies probably to most streets around train stations and in Hamburg in particular).

Service:
All staff was friendly. We had to pay directly at check-in which I found a bit odd, but it sped up check-out on the next morning.
I was not completely happy with the baggage storage. They attached a sticker with my name on my trunk and the laptop rucksack and the room was locked. But when I reclaimed the baggage, nobody checked with which or how many bags I came out of the room. I prefer a stricter control.

Room:
I think the hotel opened just in 2011 - and you saw everywhere that the place was very new (or at least freshly renovated). The room was not exactly spacious but very clean. The interior was very modern and I liked the fresh apple green colour (even if it is a “cold” colour). There was a cupboard, a small table (which was big enough for one laptop but would have been too small for a second one), one chair, one armchair und the double bed. The tea and coffee making facilities were appreciated. I couldn’t manage to turn on the TV to watch the evening news, but I guess that was just because the batteries of the distant control were exhausted.
The window could be opened to air the room, and the thick curtains were nearly sufficient to darken the room.
I really, really like hard mattresses, but I didn’t sleep well because I felt I was lying on a wooden plank.
The bathroom was very small but spotless.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nadine W
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Spent a whole week there with my boyfriend and simply loved it. The room was nicely furnished and always clean. The staff was friendly and helpful as well and the breakfast was good too. I didn't really like the area where the hotel is situated, but if one is planning to explore Hamburg then this hotel would be a good choice, you can easily find a taxi as soon as you leave the hotel or just get a bus from a stop which is just 5 mins walk :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Convenient to Hamburg's main station and well-connected to transport links (although the area has its drawbacks, as the other reviewers have described). Small rooms, but modern decor and exceptionally clean throughout. Rooms are quite well insulated in terms of noise but there is no aircon, and once the windows are open the street noise is very loud. Free wifi throughout. Drawbacks included very hard (and for me, uncomfortable) beds and the lack of aircon. Modern (sterile, almost) decor means that there was nowhere in the bathroom to put things, and the space-saving shower with clingy curtain rather than a door was annoying and claustrophobic. No minibar/fridge, but tea/coffee making facilities. On reflection, it wins on location and cleanliness but room size and other drawbacks wouldn't make it a good choice for a longer stay in Hamburg.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lorna515
North West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The hotel is perfectly situated for train travellers, only 10 minute walk from the station. The hotel is smart, well-presented and exceptionally clean. The bar at night is welcome and all the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and well priced.
BUT: the area that this hotel in is dreadful. The surroundings are full of either drunks and beggars by day, or very dodgy-looking prostitutes by night. Sex shops abound here as well as cheap-looking casinos.
We were here for a week, and Hamburg can be seen in a few hours. The harbour may be pleasant, but the whole city lacks character with very few attractions for the traveller.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChrisB11
Kanpur
Reviewed 7 September 2013

It was one of the nicest hotels I stayed in around the world, nice and clean rooms, okey breakfast, good location, i would love to come back to this hotel again though the area is notorious with a lot of street girls in night

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business