“Do be fooled not 4 Stars”
Review of Hotel Alsterblick

Hotel Alsterblick
Ranked #184 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 12 June 2011

This Hotel is not a 4 star hotel. It's fine, clean,my room was very small, would pay more for a better room. Staff was OK, very young and a little to laid back. No English TV. Skimpy on the pillows and sheets - what sheets? This is an upscale penison,not a 4 star hotel

Room Tip: Pay for it
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ONTHEROAD201150

Reviewed 27 June 2010

From Berlin after ITB I moved to Hamburg to stay for one night before departing to India. With quite a bit of luugage (u have to have if you are attending a trade fair) I got down at the main station at 8 pm. It was raining and got a taxi.

After getting out of the taxi, had to lift my bags a few steps upwards. I had reserved a single room which was disappointing. The room was vvv small (imagine no place for a TV which was kept near the ceiling) and aftter keeping my bags it was difficult to move around. The bathroom was miniature and shower pathetic. Surrisingly some one told me its a 4-star boutique hotel. Probbaly it may be another one.
The breakfast was decent.

The rooms are with either a view of the Alster lake or the garden. I got the one with garden view.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2010

With all the recent events, no flights, trains, etc due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland we found ourselves out on a limb in Hamburg. Having stayed at this lovely hotel for 2 nights we returned from the airport to stay for a 3rd night. The manager and staff could not have been more helpful. They kindly upgraded our room and made sure we were comfortable and well taken care of. What was amazing was the fact that we decided to make our way home via train on the 4th day so we needed an early start. We went down stairs at 4.30 am in the morning to find that the hotel staff had laid out a breakfast for us in the lovely dining room. As it was still dark and very early they had lit candles on all of the tables, it looked fantastic.

The service we received was second to none and I cannot praise the hotel enough. The location is stunning just by the lake and is not too far into the main city centre. We will be returning!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2010

We stayed very good in this hotel located in a residential area near all'Alstersee, not so far from the Lange Reihe, a street with a lot of restaurants. The room and the bathroom was spacious and charming, with high ceilings and antique-styled furniture, the service was good (although they don't speak good English), the location qiuet, close to the lake.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Charming hotel with lots of atmosphere. Not for those who seek modern perfection, perhaps. The floor wasn't very clean... But if you want to have a very special experience, ask for room No. 7. I am not into surreal experiences, but there is something in that room. Really.
Nice breakfast. Friendly staff. And, as I said more atmosphere than anyone can ask for.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Linda O
Reviewed 29 October 2007

I had a grand time in Hamburg. The Alsterblick is located by the Alster lake in walking distance of the main shopping area and restaurants.
We upgraded to a deluxe room and got a room with a terrace and a view of the lake.

The large room (approx 3.5 meters to the ceiling), seating area and a kingsize bed, ensured us a perfect stay. The bathrooms are very nice too.

I'd definitely stay here again. The only minor detail was a bit of dust, caused by the old ceiling. Nothing to get complain about though.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank CasperH
Reviewed 20 March 2007

I stayed at the Alsterblick for a weekend. I was given quite a small room at the back of the hotel, although my friend was given a very large room at the front. We had asked for single occupancy through the website. It was clean and the staff were friendly. My room could have been better designed. The shower was quite narrow so when I tried to shower, I kept pressing into the shower knob as there was no room to manoevre and the water flow would stop. Breakfast was average. The hotel is pretty close to the bus stop that takes you to central Hamburg - only about a 10 minute right to the main station. I would recommend this hotel but only if you were getting a double room.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends