“A great hotel in every way”

TOP CityLine Hotel Eggers Hamburg
Ranked #129 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I enjoyed my stay here for business. Great room (the heated bathroom floor was a plus!), comfortable bed, nice people, fun bar, free internet access and reasonable prices made this one of the better business hotels. A very good place to stay!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BenVerona

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Well furnished clean hotel perfect for business in local area. Main road out the front can be a little noisy but rooms facing the rear are very quiet. Good restaurant and bar service during visit. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We had a Deluxe room over New Year's, and the room was nice enough; quite big and with a lot of natural light coming in from the big French balcony overlooking the courtyard, it had a decent walk in closet with great mirrors plus a nice and very clean bathroom with a lovely shower and a large bathtub. The room was a bit dated, though, and the TV was way to small to watch from bed.
Note: The hotel is in a residential area 13 km. from Hamburg and there is no coffee or tea making facilities ind the rooms.

Front desk staff was polite and helpful (you have to get the bathrobes from the front desk and it is also here that you get a card for the whirlpool spa and tanning bed), but oh how we regret eating in the restaurant on New Year's eve.
- We booked a table a month i advance where I made a point of being a vegetarian, asking for a vegetarian alternative to the fixed three course menu. With no hassle the hotel assured me, that the kitchen would be happy to accommodate my vegetarian request. When we arrived at the hotel restaurant for dinner, the staff was very busy and quite impolite, not really acknowledging our presence. They also couldn't find our booking, until I mentioned my vegetarian request, witch made three staffers grin and laugh "oh, the fancy vegetarian lady". This made my boyfriend upset on my behalf as they were very rude about it. I assured him it had to be just a misunderstanding, because we have only ever met nice and happy waiters in Germany.

Upon being seated - in what was more an old pub, than the romantic restaurant pictured on the website - I was told, the chef refused to make me a starter course, and that my main and only course would be pasta with tomato sause. My boyfriend was free to pick from the different dishes, that would make up the maximun three courses, the restaurant was willing to serve. When I asked the waiter, if he was sure, the chef really refused to make me a vegetarian starter course, he mocked me with a "I'm not even going to bother him with that". By this point the evening was really already ruined for my boyfriend, and we debated leaving the restaurant and take a taxi to the city and find a proper place to celebrate the evening, but as tourists we didn't want to risk being stranded in the city not able to secure a taxi home again. We also talked about going to the pub down the street for some genuine and friendly service, but instead we finished our meal as qiuckly as possible and went to our room for champagne and chocolates.

I know this very bad experience was probably due to stress and having to work on New Year's eve, but it is the sole reason for us never wanting to set foot in that hotel again.

The following morning we had breakfast at the hotel. It was okay with a lot of locals coming to eat with their families. That made for a very cozy atmosphere.

Room Tip: The very small fee you pay for an upgrade (20 Euros per night) is really worth it
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oelliet
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here for two nights on business. My room was very comfortable, modern and clean. As I did not breakfast nor dine in the evening inside of the hotel I am unable to comment on the cuisine. It sounded very good but somewhat pricey so I ventured outside to the local bakery for breakfast and then went down the road to a popular Greek restaurant for dinner. Nevertheless, the area was very quiet and I used the hotel swimming pool a couple of times in the evening. The pool was small and smelt a little bit of musty drains though. I got a great deal from booking.com though and I feel it was very good value for money given the standard of room. The car park was spacious and safe plus the reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I would most certainly return if in the area once again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I have used this hotel many times - always for business. The place is absolutely nice and convenient. The rooms are not too big, but nicely furnished. The bathroom is of acceptable size with a shower - and yes, the shower works perfectly. Never had any of those hotel nerve wrecking problems like a bad mattress or a shower that only pours on two holes.
The breakfast is rich and holds for all tastes and wishes - nothing to nag about. Surely the staff is sometimes a bit cold and reserved - but hey, this is Hamburg and the north of Germany and not a mediterranean place. People are a bit colder and more reserved here, but this does not mean that they are less friendly.
Summing up, for business this place can only be recommended.
One final comment. I left the hotel at 05.30 in the morning, but had the "business packet" =parking, breakfast, internet on the bill. Well, I did not come with a car, nor did I have breakfast, so did not accept this item on the bill - for 12 EUR. No problem, they corrected the mistake and waived it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our recent visit to Hamburg. I have only one word to describe this hotel, "Superb". Check in, staff and facilities are excellent. A three star hotel with 5 star service. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2010

An excellent business hotel in Hamburg-Rahlstedt, a bit far from the center or the airport, but if you're doing business in this part of the city, it is more than OK and you get good value for your money. The rooms are nice and clean, the service excellent, and the restaurant as well as the breakfast are very good.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business