Great place - well located to port, underground and overground rail stations and the city. The cafes etc are just a bit too touristy but handy for a quick snack. OK so it might not be good for a family with children and how picky that Dave K was about the baby-bed but I am sure there are other places to accommodate the baby. We were there in early October and so there was not the problem of heat from the expanse of windows (which we loved) with their view to the street below. And what is wrong with opening a window for fresh air and some street noise? Surely Hamburg doesn't get that hot in summer. I am a very light sleeper and the curtains cut out enough light for good night's sleep on the 5 nights we were there. We made good use of the kitchen and were most impressed with the luxury bath treats. Whilst not over-effusive, the staff were friendly and helpful. All in all a very comfortable and not expensive (compared to other major cities in Europe) apartment/hotel. We were on the second floor overlooking the small shopping street and had no problems with noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the Portugese Quarter with its many shops and restaurants, these elegant apartments are just a 5-minute walk from Hamburg Harbour. They include fully equipped kitchenettes, flat-screen TVs and free WiFi. Hanse Clipper Haus Hamburg offers stylish, non-smoking apartments with a spacious work area and living room with sofas. The kitchenettes include a dishwasher and a Nespresso coffee machine, and luxury toiletries are provided. Guests can prepare their own meals at the Hanse Clipper apartments, and there is a supermarket just a 1-minute walk away. There are many cafes and bars in the area. Landungsbrucken Underground and S-Bahn Station is a 5-minute walk away, providing excellent connections to all parts of the city. Hamburg Neustadt is a great choice for travellers interested in restaurants, shopping and city walks. This is our guests' favourite part of Hamburg, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Hamburg! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hanse Clipper Haus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanse Clipper Haus Hotel Hamburg
- Hanse Clipper Haus Hamburg