Lindner Hotel Am Michel
US$94
  • Breakfast included
US$144
US$110
Ibis Budget Hamburg City(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$181
US$170
Official Site
  • Pool
All reviewsopen bathroombusiness triponline checkgreat hotelwithin walking distancerooms are spacious and cleannews channelscity centregood sizenight's sleepquiet locationthe room was nicemin walkfree wifihotel is locatedpleasant staymini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I had previously stayed at this hotel with my husband who was on business and decided to return to Hamburg with our eldest daughter for 'girlie time' arriving on a Thurs and departing on a Mon.
I had emailed the hotel upon booking asking for a twin bedded room for us and received just that. The room was a good size, very clean and all we wanted.
The hotel is a 15min walk downtown to the 2 Alsters and another few minutes to the Town Hall. The location is excellent for all manner of 'touristy' things - shopping, tourist, tour buses, bars and restaurants. Do visit the St Pauli FischMarkt - it isn't what you think and you will just love it - it's an early start summer 5am but wandering around listening to live music, breakfast, drink and a full market is a sight to see - DO NOT MISS IT. It is maybe a max 10minute walk to the Harbour and then another 15minutes to the Markt.
Yes, the area is business orientated but it is in the business sector but this does not take over the ambience of the hotel or of the area.
We didn't eat in the hotel at all , just by choice and knowledge of all that is on the doorstep - choosing to visit the bakery opposite, for fresh croissant, bread and breakfast across the road and also using the restaurants directly round the corner. We did favour the Bavarian bar but that was just to have 'german food' as we felt that we can have, thai, italian, indian etc at home. There are also 2 supermarkets within 2mins of the hotel for anything you could want and opening 7am -10pm Mon-Sat
The staff have always been polite, cheerful, efficient and nothing is too much trouble. They allow you to use what german you have to ask for things and when you have finished repeat it in german and in English what you asked for - delightful and patient!!! (Thank you).
There is a left luggage room and again nothing too much trouble in booking taxis for airport etc.
I find this a delightful hotel, with everything I desire and will be back to stay as I intend to visit Hamburg a lot and this hotel is ideal.
Thank you Lindner Am Michel keep up the good work.
Bis Später :)

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous but if you require something specific just ask them prior to arrival - they can't read your mind to your requirements but can accommodate when they have knowledge!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 61daw
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This hotel does not dazzle in any way. It's obviously a business oriented hotel in a nice part of town. Downtown and the river can be reached in 12-15 minutes on foot and the neigborhood is quiet and nice to walk through at night.

However as we - a friend and I checked in - I was surprised we were given a room with a double bed and an open bathroom. We decided to live with it, but had I traveled with my aunt I would have requested a different room.

Also I find the policy of charging for internet access annoying - the parking under the hotel was worth the money when compared to the price of parking in the rest of Hamburg.

Will I visit again? Probably not, but I find nothing really wrong about the place, it just did not impress me in any way.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Great hotel. The location is perfect. Walking distance to all of the highlights of Hamburg. Nice staff, great breakfast with lots of choice (but, then you would expect that at € 20..). Rooms are spacious and clean. Only downsides: shower in the bath, including clinging-to-your-legs-curtain and the electronic key, that took at least 3 and up to 7 times, before the door opened. Other than that.. would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dutchfarmeress
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Generally an acceptablestay, at wht seems to be part of a chain of VERY German business hotels.

Problem is I am not German, and thus I appreciate having more than BBC on the TV and not just 30 German syncronized channels.

More off I hate hotels that do not provide seperate ammeneties but have for instance a soap/shampoo dispencer.

On the positive side was the price of 109 EUR. But have the aame price at nearby Adina which i rte higher.

Now to the add on prices. Internet 10 EUR per day. Breakfast 20 EUR per day. Parking 20EUR per day. Thus for a 1 night stay you end up at EUR 160 att which price the Sofitel is significantly better.

Overall the hotel is fine if you only need a room in a nice area, but not if you need the hotel services.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank KHH1985
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I love this hotel, I regularly come to Hamburg on business and have stayed here a few times now. Very comfortable beds, easily accessible WiFi, plenty of desk space, superb breakfast. Would also recommend for a weekend trip to Hamburg - is not centrally located but very easy to walk to town centre. Feels like a home from home, not pretentious, just modern, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business