“Brilliant stay and service”
Review of St. Joseph Hotel

and 1 more site!
St. Joseph Hotel
Ranked #156 of 321 Hotels in Hamburg
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here in June the staff were friendly and the location was excellent for a stag do,everything on our doorstep. Upon arriving home I realised that I had left my wallet, contacted them via email they advised was found and they posted back what amazed me was that there was money and my cards in there thank you and all the best to you all..

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Repairs and constructions were taking place during the day even on a Sunday. After complaining at the reception to the smiling employee I got this as an answer: yes sir I'm aware of that, it might last for another hour or so.. Then turned his back and left. So I returned in a couple of hours after a city tour to find the workers hammering on at something. So I complained again and got this: well yes at least the drilling is over.

The hotel has nothing to offer other than a good location.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emile H
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Unless you wanna get crazy drunk or are on stag or hen party, avoid this place like the plague. Rooms are noisy and found cockroach in the room. Do not bring children or your family to this place!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank denniswise_10
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Stayed in Hotel St. Joseph Hamburg with my wife from 19th June2011 to 23rd June2011.
Location of this hotel is excellent with all the hep scene of night life at world famous Reeperbahn. You didn't feel bore even for a second. Metro is just 100 meters away from the hotel. It is very easy to commute. You must buy Tourist Card for 1 day or 3 days. It will enable you to move anywhere you like hassle free on Trains , Trams , Metro and Buses. Even cruise from Landsbrucken No. 62 on river Elbe to Finkenwerder is free with this card. The 3 day card costs 34 euros for 5 persons or a couple. This hotel serves very good breakfast. The staff is very very amiable and supportive and speaks very good English. On the whole the stay was quite pleasant but the sore point is that it lacks the facilities of a 3 star hotel like elevater , Mini-fridge and Telephone in the Rooms. It is a very good hotel for those who are on budget and those who want to enjoy the night life of Reeperbahn---------The heart of Hamburg.

Room Tip: Take a room on the front side for night life scene
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RANVIRAmritsar
Reviewed 13 January 2011

The hotel is situated in the heart of Hamburg (a lot of clubs and bars around) - great. Ideal for young "party"people. Rooms are simple, but OK. Cleanliness average. I can recommend this hotel...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank HonzaMany
Reviewed 30 August 2010

What a terrible stay. I was staying there in the middle of the week and the music coming from the street was so loud that you could feel as if you were sleeping at a bar. The windows were closed of course because of the noise and there is no air condition in rooms, so it was very hot and stuffy inside. Okay, I did fall asleep somehow, but at 7.30 AM I was suddenly woken up by a sound of a drill coming from behind the wall. A TERRIBLE NOISE. The hotel did not inform us before that renovation works would be taking part during our stay. And so early! I called the reception using my cell phone (no, no telephone in rooms) and asked what was going on. They said they can't do anything. The sound continued until 2PM. It was so intense that I could feel my bed vibrating. One of the worst night I've ever had.
And the Internet - forget it in your room. Working only at the reception desk. And if your battery goes low - there are no sockets.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2009

The hotel is situated on Große Freiheit, where there are lots of bars, strip clubs etc...people stay outside drinking and there is loud music until roughly 6am in the morning. The beds were comfortable, so I did get some sleep but woke up several times due to the noise (windows were closed, but still very loud).
We had breakfast the first morning, which was good and available from 6am-10am, but on the saturday morning it was only available from 8am and we had to leave by 7 - so we didnt get breakfast...they offered us a yoghurt, but that was it.
Generally the staff were very friendly and helpful, beds were made everyday, bathroom cleaned...
We paid €72 per night for a double room, which i feel is too much for what we received...but the hotel was pleasant enough. I personally found the fact that there was no lift very inconvenient because we had to drag heavy luggage to the 4th floor.
I would only recommend staying at this hotel if you plan to go out each night and stay out very late, and get up very late. Otherwise, its too noisy and in the wrong area for day time people...Oh and there is wireless internet available but the signal is very poor and the internet is slow.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple