“Amazing food, great choice, brilliant value”
Review of Bok

Bok
Ranked #467 of 3,627 Restaurants in Hamburg
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Sternschanze
racbak
“Amazing food, great choice, brilliant value”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

6 of us ate at this restaurant.
Fantastic menu, and very good for us Veggies!
Food was delicious, and staff very friendly, and helpful.
Great value for money, and one of the best Salmon Thai curries I have ever had!

• Visited May 2014

Melbourne
“Terrible Service, OK food.”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Food was OK value for money however service at the Bok we visited (Schanzenstraße 27), was highly incompetent, and extremely slow. Had to ask several times for anything and fight for attention to order, then wrong dishes were continually bought out; single main and frozen dessert each took over 3 hours for two people. We did walk past the Bok on Schulterblatt 3 however and it looked far more reasonable.

Coconut ice-cream served in the shell however was a highlight. Pity about the poor service. Visit the other Bok restaurants.

• Visited September 2013
Anon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Asian food I've had in Germany”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while exploring the interesting neighbourhood that it is in. And what a pleasant surprise!! The food was some of the best Asian food I have had in the 3 years of living in Germany. For one of the first times since being here, the vegetables were not over cooked but still quite fresh and crispy. Excellent subtle flavourings and spice with no added MSG and artificial additives. And topped off with some nice clean fish tanks to view while you are eating and good friendly service. I would highly recommend it. We like it so much, we thought about missing out train connection to go back the next day. Try the salmon wrapped in banana leaf and the coconut ice cream for dessert. Fantastic!!

Visited April 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Hard to beat for the price”
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

There's a couple of these restaurants fairly close to each other which are part of a chain. Both are very good. They are fairly basic restaurants but the food and service are excellent.
20 Euro for a good two course meal (2013) with wine means they are always busy.

Sonoma, California
“Good value, good lunch in a laid back spot (English menu too)”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I had a nice solo lunch at this Bok! I read about it on Trip Advisor and Yelp as being a fairly decent and relaxed place for Asian food. The menu is in German and English.

I had a chicken dish with yellow curry and various veggies, it came with a side of white rice. They claim it's one of the spicy dishes - I'd argue that, but, I'm from Oakland, California, where there are 10 spicy Asian restaurants within a block radius of my house - and we're spoiled. So when I come to Northern Europe and get "spicy" food it's often not spicy. But, it was warm and tasty and the restaurant had great music playing.

I enjoyed it - I just needed something quick and warming in between work. Thanks Bok for delivering it! (And yes, too many locations in one area..very confusing :) )

• Visited February 2013