Best Western Hotel Darmstadt
US$67
US$98
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgood sizelarge windowsperfect locationhotel lobbyplace to stayfront desk staffstreet levelexcellent hotelnice staybreakfast was excellentpublic transportationrooms are cleanelevatorcityconditionerbwfrankfurt
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've been staying at this hotel 5-6 times per year since 2003. I think it's great. Quiet (which I didn't expect initally due to the proximity of the parking garage.)

Great service in general although at times housekeeping can get a bit out of control. (They change towels when not necessary and don't always adhere to the requests on the "feel comfortable" card.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2013

After a little driving around, I managed to find the place. It's attached to a multi-storey car park, so park your car and walk to reception, which is on the 5th floor.

Check in was quick and friendly. My room was clean, cool and comfortable. Darmstadt centre is only a five minute walk away, with all the bars and restaurants you might need. The hotel served a nice German breakfast, which was included in my room rate.

Upon checkout, I bought a parking card, so a whole days parking only cost 8 euro. A tip is to avoid using Google Maps to find the hotel - the location is off by a couple of streets. Use the address listed on the hotel website instead.

Room Tip: The hotel is currently being refurbished on the 5th floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveyCee
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Picked this hotel because of the feedback on Booking and TripAdvisor and because of the interesting location.

Arriving, the parking is right next to the hotel (not to expensive) and the reception at the front desk was standard but professional. German style ?;o) (7/10)

The are renovating the hotel but I must say that there is little to non disturbance for the guests.
The are doing a good job in keeping it quit ! (10/10)

Room was nice, bed was good and despite some very little things they were clean. (7.5/10)
I do like the fact that there is a free bottle of water waiting for you in your room, a little but very welcome attention ! (10/10)

There are brand new TV's with a very good image quality and many channels.
But... 99% in German ! make sure that if you want an ENG channel, you also check out the channels beyond 60 . (6/10 for non German visitors -- 9.5/10 for German visitors)

Breakfast was included.
It's a buffet style breakfast with fresh ingredients.
Although it looks small, it's not. You will really enjoy it and you have plenty of choice. (8.5/10)

Location : (9/10)
It's very good located with a very good coffee shop around the corner ! (Corner coffee and Bar)
There are also many little restaurants in the hotels's street and at no more than 5 min walking, you have more restaurants, shopping, bars, ...

Other things are :

- Price is right ! (8/10)
- Mini bar prices are reasonable (8/10)
- There is free coffee in the lobby (8/10)
- Spacious room (8/10)
- Not the best view in the city, (6/10)
- Internet is SLOW !! (2/10)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My only complaint is that the hotel's online information is easily misinterpreted regarding accessibility and parking -- garage parking with direct access to the hotel and an elevator. As a woman travelling alone with a knee injury, arriving via car, those qualities were key to my choice. However, I was quite surprised by the actual physical configuration of the hotel. Following the signs to the hotel parking on the top floor of the garage, I was dismayed to drag my luggage through 2 flights of stairs (one large story) to reach the lobby. Additionally, my room was located a half-story down from the lobby, requiring additional stairs each time I left my room during my 5-night stay. I EXPECT stairs in Europe, but I don't expect stairs when the hotel advertises an elevator and direct access from the parking garage.

There IS an elevator connecting the BW lobby, which is located on the 3rd story, with a well-lit street-level entry. Seeing that the (central city) garage emptied in the evening, I inquired and learned it was possible to park anywhere in the garage, but only the marked BW parking area is monitored via camera 24-7. Happy to make that trade-off, I subsequently parked on the ground floor, took the elevator to the lobby, leaving only a few stairs to my room. The hotel should make these options clear prior to arrival.

My GPS tried to direct me to an adjacent street, so if you have difficulty, seek the Eiscafe San Remo, a simple but tasty Italian restaurant which is right across the street from the hotel. Don't miss their delicious Italian ice cream. I was very happy with the room size and amenities for the category of hotel. There was a great deal of natural light from large windows in the hallways and my room, features of the modern construction. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful and didn't blink at providing me free Intenet access codes for all 3 of my devices (worked great 4 out of 5 days). Complimentary self-serve hot beverages are available continuously in the lobby. Breakfast buffet was good as well.

Room Tip: If accessibility is an issue, ask for a room on the lobby level to avoid stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Congenuity
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This hotel is in the best location in Darmstadt, close to everything. Parking is available in the building, so don't worry about being in the center of town. Ultra clean rooms with air conditioning, newly renovated, and very nice personal service. The breakfast is quite extensive, with a variety of eggs, meats, cheeses, fresh and pre-cut fruit, yogurts, quark, cereals, breads, cakes, etc. The muesli is so good that they have the recipe printed for you to try at home! One of my favorites is having a big city pretzel with cheese, or a made-to-order omelet. Coffee machines have a selection of about 10 types and are available 24/7.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family