Contel Hotel
US$83
ibis
US$115
US$76
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 March 2013

3 star property with clean rooms, friendly and very helpful staff, slow internet connection and excellent on-site restaurant. All of the staff spoke English, but located in an area with not much around.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I am extremely pissed off by this crappy Contel Hotel! There is no internet for whole six weeks and they don't even try to fix it. The people at reception just refused to help every single time. And they also charge for everything!!! It costs 10 euro to change your bed sheet even though you stay there for more than a month! The location is bad too. The bus comes every hour during weekends and stops running at 10pm. If you try to go out during the night, you probably have to walk back to hotel, and hotel is actually out of the city ring. The picture is totally fake and I have to say that this hotel somehow ruined my vacation in Darmstadt.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank lorry0122
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was stuck at this cheezy nightmare for one week last fall. The place is really run down. I got ,oved into 3 or 4 different rooms just to find one i could easily get into the shower in (if you're physically challenged forget this hotel). No air conditioning (and yes it gets hot in there) and they tried to fake an Italian look in Germany?? I'm so glad that wasn't my first impression of a hotel in EMEA. Food at the little restrauant was really bad - i gave up and hit pizza hut down the street and KFC after the first 2 nights. Oh and door KEY - who uses keys anymore? Took forever to get the door unlocked and trust me, don't drop that thing on your foot. I had the worst waterbed ever and since the whole hotel was booked most the week i slept on the sofa. No toiletries in the room - barely any towels, and forget internet access - i think it's shared dial up. If you are there on business it might work middle of the night but no other times. Trust me anything else is better - i'll never stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are physically challenged and have no choice but to stay here call ahead and validate that you can use the room after all.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ladykierra
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have been working in a project in Darmstadt for a while, so I have gotten a chance to try quite a few hotels. My stay at the Contel Hotel, I have to say left me with a pretty poor experience. First the place is quite run down. The cleaning people I believe do a good job, but the room and lobby still looked quite dirty just because of the aging of the facilities. This included the mattresses and pillows rundown as well. Internet access was absolutely horrible. Not one day was I able to get a proper connection, and forget about using Skype. Also a problem was that 3G coverage in the hotel was quite poor, so not even via the phone was I able to get decent access. The last thing, which I thought was quite disappointing is that whoever provides them taxi service where always cheating you out of money. Caught them several times either taking much longer routes to my work, or even putting the wrong rate tariff for the time of day.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Fabrizio B
Reviewed 23 April 2012

For a city the size of Darmstadt, I would expect more selection. The best hotel was booked and this was the second choice. I can't believe there is nothing in between. Very basic with the most strange landscaping and interior decorations. My room had rose wallpaper on the ceiling and the hallways were heavily textured like they were hiding flaws. Not worth the price and I would not want to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business