“Hotel Referral Paid Off”
Review of Klosterhof

Good for: Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Recently on a business trip to Frankfurt, I had dinner with co-workers and we asked front desk staff for place near the Intercontinental Hotel. Staff referred us to walk to Klosterhof. Sooo glad we did! The restaurant is very nicely decorated in wood and style that is very German, super clean establishment. The staff was probably the most amazing part of this restaurant besides the food and portions. I have been to Frankfurt many times and so sorry we just found this place. The portions are large, the selection is good, and the taste is fantastic. Moderately priced to fit a variety of budgets with selections to make our vegetarian friends happy as well as our meat eaters. The fried turkey with gravy was one of our favorites. The chairs were comfortable and you were not rushed. We will be back many more times when we are in Frankfurt!

There are newer reviews for Klosterhof

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Klosterhof is a hidden gem in Frankfurt. Food is really good (although sometimes a bit too fatty for my taste) and the terasse is one of the nicest in Frankfurt. A building site next door is currently a bit noisy at the moment, but it is justa question of time.

In the winter making a reservation is key at the busy lunch time as well as on Friday and Saturday evenings (terasse has more spaces during the warm weather months).

I can really recommend the salads and Käsespätzle (best in Frankfurt, or probably outside of southern Germany). As a vegetarian I have never tried the meat dishes, but my colleagues are big fans.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The pig head terrine was outstanding . The pork schnitzel with apple and cranberry was good . The apple pie was very homemade , chox full of almonds , nuts and apple . Great aperitif before we started our meals also .. excellent .

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Generally speaking the food at the Klosterhof is excellent but on this occasion, I was very disappointed.

I ordered the rösti with mozzarella and tomatoes, when it arrived, it was burned to a crisp. I flagged to the waitress who took it away and arranged for me to have a replacement.

When the second one arrived, it was tasteless, no evidence of mozzarella and covered on a myriad of what seemed like tinned tomatoes. I complained and asked for this to be fed back to the chef - the waitress said no.

To be fair, we did get a couple of drinks on the house and hope next time we return things are back on track.

1  Thank Von_Smiles
Reviewed 4 February 2014

an old, rustic style german restaurant in the city that's been there for as long as i can remember. it's so popular one has to make a reservation. food is superb and the staff efficient. parking is a problem, i suggest to take the public transportation which is around the corner.