“Nice business hotel in great location”

Fleming's Hotel Deluxe Frankfurt-City
Ranked #67 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Netherlands
“Nice business hotel in great location”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently stayed two nights at this business hotel and it was overall a pleasant experience. I won't hesitate to stay here again.

Some nice things about this hotel:
- Great location in Frankfurt city. Within short walking distance to city centre and business district. Entrance to subway station right in front of the hotel.
- Nice rooftop terrace for breakfast or drinks in the evening / at night.
- Clean, good size room
- Good service overall. Restaurant staff were helpful and polite, although service could have been a little faster and more attentive. Reception staff were helpful - they even brought my shopping back to my room even though I only asked to keep the bag at the reception and I would pick it up upon my return from dinner.
- Free wireless internet
- Extremely spacious shower cabin with good water pressure
- iPod player (only the one in my room didn't work but to be fair, I didn't alert the hotel for a new one or to repair it either)
- Complimentary bottled water in room
- Nice, comfortable bed - not too soft nor too firm
- Interesting open, non-stop elevator

And here are some areas which I think can be improved:
- The duvet is comfortable and soft but it is more of a winter duvet and is way too warm for the summer
- It is great that there is air-conditioning in the room but it is too weak to keep the room at a comfortable temperature in the summer
- The pillow is too soft and too low for my preference

One thing to consider though is that the hotel has an open bathroom concept, i.e. there is no wall enclosing the bathroom. The bathroom is integrated into the room, with a large transparent shower cabin right in the middle of the room, close to the bed and the basin in the open space next to it. If you are not rooming by yourself, please consider if you would be comfortable showering in the 'open' with another person(s) present in the room before booking. The toilet is enclosed though.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

The location is very good for Frankfurt shopping and restaurants and bars. Stand alone showers in the middle of the rooms makes it a bit different and I liked that! Breakfast is served on the roof with stunning city views of Frankfurt (also a bar there). Overall a pleasant stay which I can recommend.

• Stayed April 2012
USA
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed one night at the Flemings Deluxe Frankfurt City. The staff were quite nice and let me into my room early. The room was nice enough, although there were spots on the carpet and dirt under the glass on the desk. The location was top of the line perfect- I walked and walked and saw everything, but never needed a cab or subway. Best location in Frankfurt for seeing the sights. Breakfast was delightful and the restaurant had a beautiful view. The hotel staff were very cheerful and pleasant at all times.

If you are considering this hotel and have small children, I would not recommend it. There is a very funky elevator system that you hop on and off to go between floors that would draw little kids, and it seemed slightly dangerous looking to me. If your child jumped onto this thing, then who knows where they would end up.

If you are a woman traveling alone, the security was less than perfect. There is a doorman, but no real sense of monitoring entry and exit. The door to the individual floors did not close properly, so if anyone made it into the hotel, security could be compromised. The hallways were dark until one walked down them, and then the lights came on at the last minute, which meant that one could not look down a hallway to see if anyone was in it very well. The individual rooms had no deadbolts, only an electronic lock.

So, great location, pleasant staff, but the hotel seemed like it needs a bit of a freshening up, and the security systems and locks could be updated. The weird elevator thing could be a problem if one had little children accompanying one on the trip.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank BTravelerUSA
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 June 2012

When we went to the room we were initially assigned at this, we were arrived upon a guest who was shocked that we had entered his room as he was using the toilet. We returned to the reception desk with our bags and were given a different room. There was no apology.
The following day I returned to the hotel around 4.30pm and the room had not been attended to. The only evidence that a member of staff had been in the room was that a fresh bottle of water had been left there.
The keys we received were unreliable. On more than 3 occasions we had to go to the reception to have our keys recoded as we were unable to gain access to the room. In fact on one such time I had to go twice to reception. This was not because they were placed near our mobile phones as was offered as a reason by the reception staff as we both had the same problem. Eventually we abandoned the idea of 2 working keys and used the same one.
From our arrival there seemed to be confusion as to our room number, this may have been the reason for the key problems.
I attempted to use the internet but again there was a failure in the server.
Finally on our arrival we took a taxi from the airport directly to your hotel . The cost for the journey to the hotel had been €25. On our departure the receptionist called a taxi which took approx 15mins to arrive. This journey cost €35.

My wife wrote this hotel a month ago detailing all these complaints, she hasn't received a response yet. We have travelled quite a bit and we're not particularly fussy, this was just ridiculous and to top it off, they weren't even pleasant about it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank irishguydub25

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Moscow
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Actually we hate staying at business-type hotels during our leisure trips but as Frankfurt does not seem to give big choice here ( high buildings and standard rooms with dull furniture) this very hotel seemed to us less "office-style" than others. It was ok for one night, not too dull, reasonably sized room, shower cabin with transparent walls gave you an opportunity to take shower without leaving the room - that is what I can remenber. But nothing truly impressive, one of those who did nothing wrong but you forget them immediately.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I was on business trip and stay in this 5* ? hotel for a night. I don't know how they set the official ratings but this hotel is a four star at its best. The reception was inexperience and couldn't even give me a direction to a place near the hotel even when I showed her the map of the place on my phone. There was no introduction to the hotel and nobody showed me to my room. There is no lobby and if there are several people waiting, you have to wait outside.
Some people may like the idea of a shower with clear glass in the middle of the bedroom but I am not too sure about it.
The breakfast was also 3-4 star. Although the waitress was polite and helpful.
Its not likely that I visit Frankfurt in the near future but in case I will try another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for business on one night as my usual hotel insidde melia was fully booked. First impressions of the hotel are not great with a 70's concrete facade next to a chemist and a tv shop off a busy junction. Not to mention the assorted vagrants camped outside the electrical shop watching the telly. Inside the lobby area are 4 desks and 2 sofas, very sparse. Checking in was ok but then when I got into my room I discovered that despite my specific request I had been allocated a smoking room which stank of smoke. I Immediately went down to ask to change rooms but was told they were fully booked and that I must have indicated no preference on the online booking, something my pa later confirmed was not the case. A per previous reviews the staff could not have been more disinterested and had no interest in helping. I was therefore forced to open all the windows which meant I spent the whole night listening to the traffic and the gang of youths who were using a bench almost under my window as a youth club. The hotels only redeeming features are its location to access the zeil shopping area and the restaurant which has a lovely balcony area with views over Frankfurt. It's trying to be quirky hotel with the roof terrace and the 1970's style revolving escalator but it's tired, with disinterested staff, cigarette burns in curtains and a fitness room in a basement thrown in as an afterthought with not even a water dispenser. Avoid and go the innside Eurotherm to see how a hotel hold be run

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business