Fleming's Selection Hotel Frankfurt-City
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$299
US$193
US$162
US$145
  • Room Service
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$80
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$68
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsrooftop bardeluxe hotelglass showertop floorcentral locationfive star hotelbusiness hotelstylish hotelfrankfurt citybottled waterbusiness tripshopping districtu bahn stationbreakfast buffet ishotel is greatnice roomcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2012

my experience with the hotel is that i give it three stars hotel, starting from the the lobby which is barely a lobby( very tiny lobby and very tiny elevator , parking is hard to reach specially when you have luggage, no car can drop you to the front entrance of the hotel, breakfast buffet is very limited in items, but the bright side is that the rooms are designed for couple not for family, the shower is transparent and if you have kids you will not like to have your child watching you bathing, that's why i said it's good for the couple, the management is not tolerating child, we had an accident were my children played in the rooms and left some stains on the floor, that we manged to clean later, but the front desk manager "I V Marina Kleine" sent me a letter saying i have to pay 150 euro for each room more than the same room rate which cost 148 euro a night. but i refused this kind of treatment and managed to convince the night manager to cancel this unfair fees.

Room Tip: don't bring your children with you to this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is probably my favourite hotel in Frankfurt (in my regular corporate price bracket) and I try to stay here whenever I am in Frankfurt (which is pretty often). I only use it for onvernight stays and breakfast. No experience with restaurant, gym, etc.Overall: modern interiors with a quirky elevator. Adequately sized rooms with a design-appeal. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I had a couple of occasions where things didn't work (fridge, light) and I asked for maintenance of those which didn't happen. Probably a one-off.

While the location is central, it isn't right in the middle of it all but everything is within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I recently stayed two nights at this business hotel and it was overall a pleasant experience. I won't hesitate to stay here again.

Some nice things about this hotel:
- Great location in Frankfurt city. Within short walking distance to city centre and business district. Entrance to subway station right in front of the hotel.
- Nice rooftop terrace for breakfast or drinks in the evening / at night.
- Clean, good size room
- Good service overall. Restaurant staff were helpful and polite, although service could have been a little faster and more attentive. Reception staff were helpful - they even brought my shopping back to my room even though I only asked to keep the bag at the reception and I would pick it up upon my return from dinner.
- Free wireless internet
- Extremely spacious shower cabin with good water pressure
- iPod player (only the one in my room didn't work but to be fair, I didn't alert the hotel for a new one or to repair it either)
- Complimentary bottled water in room
- Nice, comfortable bed - not too soft nor too firm
- Interesting open, non-stop elevator

And here are some areas which I think can be improved:
- The duvet is comfortable and soft but it is more of a winter duvet and is way too warm for the summer
- It is great that there is air-conditioning in the room but it is too weak to keep the room at a comfortable temperature in the summer
- The pillow is too soft and too low for my preference

One thing to consider though is that the hotel has an open bathroom concept, i.e. there is no wall enclosing the bathroom. The bathroom is integrated into the room, with a large transparent shower cabin right in the middle of the room, close to the bed and the basin in the open space next to it. If you are not rooming by yourself, please consider if you would be comfortable showering in the 'open' with another person(s) present in the room before booking. The toilet is enclosed though.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

The location is very good for Frankfurt shopping and restaurants and bars. Stand alone showers in the middle of the rooms makes it a bit different and I liked that! Breakfast is served on the roof with stunning city views of Frankfurt (also a bar there). Overall a pleasant stay which I can recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed one night at the Flemings Deluxe Frankfurt City. The staff were quite nice and let me into my room early. The room was nice enough, although there were spots on the carpet and dirt under the glass on the desk. The location was top of the line perfect- I walked and walked and saw everything, but never needed a cab or subway. Best location in Frankfurt for seeing the sights. Breakfast was delightful and the restaurant had a beautiful view. The hotel staff were very cheerful and pleasant at all times.

If you are considering this hotel and have small children, I would not recommend it. There is a very funky elevator system that you hop on and off to go between floors that would draw little kids, and it seemed slightly dangerous looking to me. If your child jumped onto this thing, then who knows where they would end up.

If you are a woman traveling alone, the security was less than perfect. There is a doorman, but no real sense of monitoring entry and exit. The door to the individual floors did not close properly, so if anyone made it into the hotel, security could be compromised. The hallways were dark until one walked down them, and then the lights came on at the last minute, which meant that one could not look down a hallway to see if anyone was in it very well. The individual rooms had no deadbolts, only an electronic lock.

So, great location, pleasant staff, but the hotel seemed like it needs a bit of a freshening up, and the security systems and locks could be updated. The weird elevator thing could be a problem if one had little children accompanying one on the trip.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo