Pension Alpha
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$299
US$162
US$145
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Bar/Lounge
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$80
Travelocity
All reviewscentral stationirish pubfree wifiwould stay againwalking distancepublic transportheatinghairdryereuropeanmesse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here for one night before leaving for a long distance flight from Frankfurt airport. Alpha is located only a few steps from Frankfurt main station, where I arrived. Area is slightly dodgy, but that applies to all hotels in that area. Alpha resides in a 70s concrete building and consists of the front building and a back building with additional rooms. I was placed into the latter. When I arrived, service was friendly, but not overly so. I was given the keys and shown the way to the back building. My room was in the top floor with shared bath. There were two bathrooms for the 4 rooms on the floor. The bathrooms (showers only) were very clean and were always available when I needed them. The room was simple, comprising two single beds, a small TV, table, chairs and a fridge. Breakfast was somewhat rustic, but much better than I expected for the price. There were rolls, eggs, cornflakes, cheese, sausages etc. All you can eat.

Pro:
- great value
- central location
- good breakfast

Con:
- very basic

Summary:
This is a good place for a short stay in Frankfurt, but compare prices. No issue with shared bath or breakfast. Perfect for flight stopover or budget travellers. Don't go there for your honeymoon. Recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was looking for a place to spend some nights while in Frankfurt but not very expensive so I chose Pension Alpha. It was a great surprise considering the price. The rooms wore very clean, and they tide up our room and made our beds every morning. The receptions staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast buffet was one of the best. I highly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I wanted a place to stay that was central and good value. This place ticked the boxes.

As others have said - the staff are curt and not too helpful. Decor could do with updating. Breakfast ample but basic.

Would stay again if I wanted an inexpensive place to stay

Room Tip: The building out back is quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I traveled to Frankfurt in June and stayed at Pension Alpha for 2 nights. The location is great since it is located near the main train/subway station. You can take the train from the International airport and get there in less than 30 minutes. In addition to that there are some coaches near the main train station you could take to travel to other cities and they are much cheaper than the train.

The room was satisfactory, but the receptionist was not very friendly. The breakfast was ok, though in the morning they did not have enough eggs and you had to ask them to prepare it for you. However my verdict would be ok if you are looking for a cheap/clean hotel near public transport.

Room Tip: the main street might be noisy in the morning, try to avoid rooms facing the main street. Book your room at least 1 month in advance since the hotel is busy all the time.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank alberto y
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed July 2012. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and bathroom facilities quite good. Staff were either rude or uncaring. Breakfast was included, and though very basic, was reasonable. We had a lot of street noise - too much to open a window at night and no air-conditioning or fans - and noisy people in the next room - a large group of young people having a late night, impromptu party. Management didn't care.

The hotel is any easy walk from the train, in a relatively nice area with some good restaurants nearby. We also had an easy walk to the river Main - walking alongside the river is a lovely way to get to the 'Old Town'.

So a cheap, safe, reasonably comfortable option for staying in Frankfurt - as close to backpacking accommodation as my old bones will let me come.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple