“Hotel with no intention of serving customers &” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Bahnhofsviertel
Frankfurt, Germany
“Hotel with no intention of serving customers &”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

I have visited almost all of the Indian restaurants in the Frankfurt zone and I can confidently declare India Curry House is the *WORST* of the lot ..!
The hotel is located very close to the main hauptbahnof, Frankfurt. The ambience of the hotel is decent.
This is where all the good things about this hotel stops !!
Get ready to deal with one of the worst servicing in the hotel. The folks here take ages to deliver you, your order. Even though, the menu has got a variety and lots to offer, the preperation is hopeless !.

Myself & my wife ordered the Vada-sambar which is the starter and after waiting for almost 20+ minutes, what we got is vada which was presented after re-heating it & for sure was prepared atleast a day back. The chutney was stale & had gone bad and not in the state to be eaten !
Vada-sambar was also charged a whopping 4.10 Euros !

Next came in the soda with 2 lemon pieces for which I had to mix salt to make it taste better. This was one of the worst limesoda I have had.

We had ordered poori & gravy, but the hotel guys had a different plan. They served only 1 poori on our plate & then thought of serving the gravy 10 minutes later. Poori was average & not that bad.

Then arrives the main course after another 15 minutes delay, it was the vegetable kofta and chicken curry. Vegetable kofta had everything else but vegetable ! and chicken curry was few pieces of chicken dipped in tomato puree :( ...We were very disappointed as there was absolutely no intention of making the customer happy or any motive of serving the 'food' for the customer who has visited hotel for 'food'. In all of the currys, there was no single onion piece or coriander or any vegetables added in it. It was gravy and tomato puree served in the name of a glorious vegetable gravy & chicken curry !!
The menu also promised a serving of basmati rice with every curry, but for 2 orders of gravy we got only one bowl of rice. When asked, we were told that it was combined & served with more quantity.

Hold on, there is a curtain raiser for this disaster, which is the *bill*..We were done with the food , but there were no signs of the bill arriving !. We decided to head towards the bill counter & we were produced a whopping bill and burnt a big hole in my pocket......and both of us were still *hungry* :(...
Would never recommend anyone to this hotel...this is a hotel run by few cheatsters tarnishing the image of Indian food & restaurants...Please dont encourage such places & neither recommend.

8 Thank rcgirish

singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Value for Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2010

We have been to quite a few indian restaraunts in frankfurt and I would say in terms of taste, this is one of the best. The service was a bit slack as the place was crowded, but that was more than compensated by the food. And whats more, when the bill came, it was 30% cheaper than other indian restaraunts nearby. Though the restaraunt is a bit cramped, value for money and excellent taste.

1 Thank Rav13
Manchester, United Kingdom
“About average for a continental curry house”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2009

First things first.... I'm a bit of a self-confessed curry 'snob' and I'm very picky about what makes a good curry - so bear this in mind as you read my review :-)

Perhaps, being from the UK, I'm spoiled by the fantastic curryhouses that we have all over the country (particularly in my home city of Glasgow.) Then again, given the British Empire, perhaps that's to be expected.

Much as I love traveling to Europe, I've been consistently disappointed by the standard of Indian fare on offer. From bland but acceptable (Amsterdam, Marbella) to well below par and hardly edible (Berlin) - so I was in two minds about whether to have an Indian meal while in Frankfurt.

However, I tried to keep an open mind as the reviews for this place were promising.... I'm sorry to say I found it a bit of a let down :-(

The service was very slow for a reason I couldn't quite fathom, as the restaraunt was not that busy. Perhaps it's because I was sitting outside, but then, all my fellow diners were too so that's no excuse. Indeed, I noticed a party of four who, having waited quite some time to be served but were consistently ignored, got up and walked away - I felt like doing likewise, but as I was on vacation I decided to chill and give the place a chance.

When I eventually did get served, I opted for a Chicken Vindalloo - which, when it arrived, tasted more like a Korma to my taste buds! Very disappointing. The chicken was tender enough, but the spices just weren't spicy enough! The Peshwari Naan was also bland, and the Raita which I ordered never materialised (not that I needed it anyway, as it turned out)

All in all, my local carry-out place back home does a more challenging vindalloo! Don't get me wrong, the food wasn't BAD as such.... but it fell well short of my expectations of a good curry.

Lesson learned - no more continental curry houses for me!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Roadwarrior_PPB
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Indian Restaurant in Frankfurt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

I am jealous of all the business suits that live and work in downtown Frankfurt. They get to enjoy excellent Indian cuisine every day at the “Indian Curry House.” If you love Indian food this place to go in Frankfurt. If you are visiting or just passing through, it’s a short walk from the main “Hauptbahnhof.” It is conveniently located at Weserstrasse 17, between Kaiserstrasse and Munchener Strasse, just three blocks away from the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. It offers wonderful Tandoori and Curry specialties, all under 10 Euros, and offers outside seating during the summer. If you are vegetarian you won’t be disappointed either. They offer a wide range of vegetarian dishes. I love and highly recommend their Palak Paneer! The service is excellent and, the owner, B. S. Chatrath, is always on hand to insure you get a smile with every meal.

1 Thank RainRunner