“Trendy hotel with an equal number of pros and cons”
Review of Roomers

Roomers
Ranked #13 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I recently stayed in Roomers while in town for a friend's wedding. On the whole, I was very happy with my stay, though there are a couple of watch outs worth sharing. But first, the good stuff. Roomers is located about five minutes from the train station and five minutes from the river, so it's a convenient choice. The common space and the rooms look brand new and are well maintained. My room had great and comfortable bedding, was a nice size, and didn't lack for amenities. However, the furnishings are very dark and the lighting is very dim. This is in line with the hotel's branding, but I wish there were room options with lighter furnishings and walls. Even during mid afternoon with the curtains open, I had a hard time seeing. Second, the bathroom setup is fine for a couple or solo traveler, but would've been awkward for friends. Essentially, the shower/bathtub is open to the room, making privacy nearly impossible to achieve. Plus, climbing up and into the tub required the use of a step that became quite slippery upon getting out of the shower. This may be difficult for anyone with any mobility issues. I'd stay at Roomers again if I were in town alone, but I'd be even happier doing so in a lightly-furnished room with a fully private bath area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CCinNYC
MSROOMERS, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear CCnyNYC,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I already forwarded the compliments to my colleagues.
It is a pity that you have not had the choice to decide for an open or a closed bathroom. You also could decide an walk in shower or a bathtub. I would love to assist for your next reservation with us to guarantee that you will receive an closed bathroom with an walk in shower and more light.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
We looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Highly recommendable. Glamourous but dark atmosphere. Room pretty small but well designed and fitted with iPod player, flat screen etc. Service was up to expectations, kind and I and was offered (verily..) early check in and late check out, free drink upon arrival etc. highly appreciable. Buffet breakfast is surprisingly good with wide choice of food for a boutique hotel. Location is fine, but not as central as others. Better choose a competitive package when booking as side expenses may rapidly increase the bill, for example bar consumption are rather expensive. Overall, a nice design boutique, apparently well managed where you can feel that hotel staff try to accommodate guest needs during the stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patricetrotter
MSROOMERS, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear patricesantiago,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and also with the other travelers. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt well taken care of.
The ROOMERS is located a stone-throw away from the main train station, and it is actually just 10-15 minutes walking distance to the city center or just 2 stations away by underground, which takes only 5 minutes.
The award-winning ROOMERS Bar is one of the most popular bars in town and our staff are fully-trained professionals. Furthermore we are using only fresh and of high quality ingredients, hence why the price-quality relation is set accordingly.
We do hope to welcome you soon again and we would definitely endeavour to make your stays even more memorable. Therefore please feel free to contact me directly should you plan to travel to Frankfurt again soon.
Meanwhile, “Spread the ROOMERS”!

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I went there on a business trip wanting to go to a nice place, not too big and differrent from the other hotel I went also close to the festhalle and the city center This one fit the bill.

The staff was very nice and helpfull (including the doormen) the room was comfortable, very relax but very dark. The only amelioration would be for the lighting in the room to apply make up, it is too dark and the little mirror they provide does not help, I had to go close to the window to do so ... fix that please ... maybe with a wallmounted light make up mirror ?

The food was great and the service attentive. I did not have the time to enjoy the breakfast but I did took the glass of complimentary orange juice at the front desk. Nice touch ...

Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Izybella

Dear Izybella,
thank you for your lovely words and the time you have taken for your feedback.
We have taken notice on your suggestions of improvements and we will do our best to meet and possibly exceed your requirements next time.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, and until then “Spread the ROOMERS”!

Reviewed 5 December 2011

What a place. This really was better than I expected: the interiors are made with good taste (which really was a positive surprise after fearing a kitschy approach after reading the "sexy" adjective being used in so many places), and even the dark theme never feels oppressive. Our deluxe room had an amazing freestanding bath, and a nice view of the skyline. I worked through the Friday afternoon, with free online & a nice dock for music from my iPhone. The spa on 6th floor deserves an extra mention: in the morning it's great to lie in the jacuzzi and watch the sun drift over the city.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LassiK
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Choose this hotel based on the reviews provided by previuos travelers and wasn't disappointed. The professional pictures are exactly what you see. We only stayed here for a nite last month and would return back here and recommend to friends and family. Breakfast buffet had a very good selection and catered for different appetites. Staff were also very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corporategal92

Dear corporategal192,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at ROOMERS.
It would be a pleasure to welcome your friends and family as well as yourselves again soon.
Please get in contact with us directly, I’m sure we can offer a special rate for you.

‘Til then “Spread the ROOMERS”!

Reviewed 7 November 2011

I attended Roomers hotel on business while at a conference (however I wish my girlfriend was with me). I turned up at reception to be offered a glass of fizz at check in, instantly relaxing me, and was greeted by beautiful staff, very well presented with fantastic personalities. I was escorted to my room, and walked through the extremely well designed rooms, to the bedroom. The whole hotel was very dark in style and seductive - definately a waste in many ways having the room to myself but would be absolutely perfect for a romantic evening/ weekend away. Fantastic experience - I dont know anywhere like this in the whole of the UK.

Room Tip: All rooms are stunning
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Joe B

Dear JoeB,

Thank you very much for you lovely Feedback.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Should you and your partner like to stay with us again on your next visit to Frankfurt, it would be our pleasure to offer you a special something. Therefore you just need to contact me directly.
We would be happy to make your second stay with us even more memorable.

‘Til then we remain with best wishes,

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Roomers is a very nice hotel, especially if you like design.
It gives you a lot of opportunities.
I call it "sexy" because many things in this hotel seems "alluring": low light, dark forniture and lounge music is everywhere. Playboy is available amang magazines in your room and next to the in-room massages brochure. The bar near the hall is fashionable and everynight frequented by young posh people.
Not designed for families.
Very nice breakfast. I didn't have time to try the SPA.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
MSROOMERS, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear giamma13,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Nice Words.
We’re glad that you enjoyed the sexy vibes and indulged yourself - this is the feeling we are trying to pass over to our guests. A must next time- is the SPA Area- you missed a very important part.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Until then “ Spread the ROOMERS”!

Best wishes from Frankfurt,