“Complaint about Roomers hotel and booking.com” 1 of 5 bubbles

Roomers
Ranked #12 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
paris
“Complaint about Roomers hotel and booking.com”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I would have liked to stay in this hotel but it was sold out. That didn't stop Roomers hotel and Booking.com from charging me €480 as a "no-show" fee for a booking which I did not make.

There was no "no-show" - I didn't complete the booking. When I entered my credit card details to confirm the booking, the system said that the room had sold out and was no longer available at the quoted price. I was offered the choice of exactly the same room at a much higher rate or to refuse the booking. I declined and cancelled the booking.

My complaint is that Booking.com and the Roomers hotel have charged me €480 for a booking I did not make, for a room I did not stay in and which they refuse to reimburse.

Room Tip: Do not book Roomers hotel through booking.com
Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
21 Thank poulto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We booked 2 rooms at the Pure 12 weeks in advance at 400 euros/night each room. On arrival we were told the Pure was too busy and we were moved to their sister hotel Roomers. Our room (122) was minute (I mean really small) and it did not have a bath (I like my bath). I asked if we could have a room with a bath and was told they were all taken. When I complained the (very rude) girl laughed and told me I was in Germany and most hotels did not guarantee a room with a bath. We did get a room swap the next day (420) and this was a big improvement. Am I unreasonable to expect a proper bathroom for 400 euros night?

We inadvertantly failed to sign the restaurant bill one evening and the man from the restaurant insisted we go downstairs and sign it, even though we had long gone to bed and it was past midnight. Are they mad? They knew who we were and it could easily have waited until the morning.

All in all I found the staff to be quite offhand, mistrustfull and superior - however, the doormen were very nice and could teach some of their more senior colleagues a thing or two about customer service.

We liked the decor and the bar was nicely busy with a good atmosphere.

Enjoy your trip.

Room Tip: If like me you want a bath get it in writing.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JimColchester
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear JumColchester,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is a shame to hear that you left ROOMERS with such feelings.
We need to apologize for the inconvenience. We thought it would be a pleasure to upgrade you to a bigger Hotel with an bigger Spa and Wellness Area and also with an Bar & Restaurant in house. Unfortunately it was not.
Please be aware that you can note a wish to your reservation but unfortunately sometimes we can not guarantee for it. We try our best to serve every guests wish.
As well we need to apologize for the late night call regarding the invoice at the Restaurant. This is not the service we provide to our guests. We already discussed in-house.
We hope you will find your way again to ROOMERS we would love to show you the opposite, we can better.

Anna Ortwein
Guest Relations
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

An incredible hotel , beautiful , young, with a great atmosphere.
A MUST if you go to Frankfurt.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Ringpooh,

Puh- Thank you very much for the amazing feedback.
We looking forward to welcoming you again. Hopefully soon :)
Best wishes,

Pamela Hock
Guest Relations Manager
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

What a delight! Upon our arrival we were greeted with complimentary sparkling wine and a very friendly staff eager to please. What a way to start our stay! Our room was very modern and chic. Dark colors and warm light. What really sets Roomers apart is the amazing spa and breakfast spread. There is a complimentary spa located on the top floor. It has saunas, a jacuzzi and massage tubs filled with smooth stones. We spent an evening enjoying "our personal" spa. The breakfast spread was out of this world. I couldn't believe all the choices from gourmet cheeses, tropical fresh fruit, cereal, fresh yogurts, meats, eggs, anything you could possibly want was available. I am not usually a breakfast fan but Roomers set the made me a convert. This hotel is located close to the city central (about a ten minute walk from the Central Train Station) and has a popular bar and restaurant. Highly recommend Roomers for business travelers, couples, singles or friends traveling to Frankfurt. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ana4sc
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The roomers is not a hotel for everybody (i.e. families with kids), but for the hip, trendy, business or fun-seeking people, it's a must-stay.

Plusses
- Great lobby
- Nice, helpful staff, especially in the restaurant
- Bed is very comfortable
- Within walking distance to shopping, restaurants etc.
- Taxi stand across the street
- Room is dark, sexy. Easy to sleep in.
- Great hotel for couples
- Quiet. I didn't really hear people stomping in hallway etc.

Minuses
- Parking is difficult
- Shower is a bit tricky. Bathroom gets a bit flooded at times (they tried to fix this I think by having a very sticky door, but it's not working 100%)
- Standard room is a bit tiny. Not easy to find space for bigger suitcases.
- Great lighting options, but shouldn't be so difficult that you have to spend 15 minutes to figure it out. i.e. I couldn't figure out how to put the lights over the bed on, even though they were on when I entered the room.

On my next trip, I'll surely go here again. The breakfast options in the morning are fantastic too (allthough not included).

Uckfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed for two nights with business colleagues. All of us agreed that this is an excellent hotel.
The staff are all very friendly and extremely helpful, nothing seemed too much and everything was done with a smile.
The whole hotel is very "chic" and the lighting is dark, but this all adds to the calm and friendly atmosphere. The rooms are very comfortable and, after a bit of playing with the controls, your bedroom lighting can be set how you want it.
We managed to get a deal to include breakfast, this was delicious with a vast array of options, including vodka shots and oysters!
The bar was very good, with a lively atmosphere and very friendly bar staff, just beware that it can get noisy and smokey.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody, but probably not for travelers with children

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Well I am midway through my stay here at Roomers and I have to admit that I am very much enjoying my stay.
The design of the hotel is amazing, it has a very classy feel to it and I like the relaxed dim atmosphere.
There is one downside to the "Roomers" brand as such and probably due to the mixture of being in Frankfurt, near the red light district and the dim atmosphere of the hotel and as a result it seems to have a rather seedy reputation. I am on a business trip and when it was mentioned to my colleagues where I was staying, and some of the reactions were not very complimentary.
But I can easliy say that this just is not the case, the staff are wonderful and extremely helpful. Without meaning to be sexist the female staff are beautiful, and coming off a flight checking into a hotel at 10:30pm to be greeted to a glass of champagne and a beautiful smile is a great way to end an evening.
I've been a regular to the very impressive bar and there is not many places you can go on your own and still feel completely relaxed. I enjoy chats with the bar staff, and I have been fed up on many complimentary bar snacks. The bar does have a very extensive drinks list, The problem being some of these drinks are eye wateringly expensive!
I have read a few comments regarding how dark the rooms are, for these people I don't think they have familiarised themselves with the funky light switches which allows you to change the light ambience. I found turning on the normal setting and then turning the brightness fully up changed the room brightness to a normal room.

One issue I do seem to have a problem with my Air Conditioning and read on here that someone had a similiar issue, my room was very hot this morning and over the last few days I have been fighting with the air conditioning controls.

I will talk to reception and see what they can do for me. :)

Dear leighb1980,

Wow- Thank you very much for the nice words. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. This is the way we want to treat our guests.
I hope my colleagues from the reception could solve the problem with the air condition.
We hope you will find a reason to visit Frankfurt again, we would be happy to welcoming you again soon.
Soon we going to start the Summer season on our terrace, it is such a wellness area.
Until then please “Spread the ROOMERS”. Take care.
Best wishes,