“Would recommend to anyone going to frankfurt.”
Review of Roomers

Roomers
Ranked #13 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I was unsure what to expect of this hotel. Sometimes you just don't get what a hotel promises. This was also our first visit to Frankfurt, so we has no idea where the best area to stay would be.

On top of this, it was our last night of a 4week round the world trip, so you can kind of get over staying in hotels.

We booked a select Room.

On arrival, (after a taxi ride that took us the long way €10 from the train station which we worked out was a three minute walk away) we were greeted by concierge who took our bags off our hands and we checked in with equally friendly staff. We were even offered a welcome champagne!

The room was lit really well, but you could also pull back the curtains to reveal a large length of window.

The bathroom was cleverly designed and a good size. You could even swivel the tv around if you wanted to watch tv while putting on your makeup! The toilet was separate and had it's own sink, too.

The shower...I love a rainfall shower at the best of times, but this one was Devine. Being in its own glass doomed cubicle, it didn't steam up the whole bathroom.

The wifi was easy to connect to.

After settling in, we nipped up to the 6th floor for a quick gym session. I only really use cardio equipment, but my husband uses weights and found it quite adequate for his workout. The best thing is that you look out accross the city. I was so used to basement gyms that this was a nice change.

Instead of using the spa afterward, we thought we'd go for a walk and headed towards the river, which is less than two minutes away. You can cross the bridges and head towards the museums or little bars along the river.

That night we popped up to check out the spa, which had hydro massage beds, a relaxing spa and a good steam room and sauna.

The city itself was only a short stroll away the next morning. Then when we left that afternoon, the train to the airport was literally three minutes away.

My only bad point with the hotel was the bed was a little sweaty. It seemed the mattress had some sort of coating on the under cover which was probably the cause. Nothing dramatic and didn't effect my sleep. My husband didn't like the pillows, but it wasn't enough to ruin his sleep or cause us to request alternatives. Maybe other guest should try them out before heading to sleep!

I do regret that we only had one night. Frankfurt is a lovely city and Roomers is a great hotel to stay at while visiting.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kattkattkatty
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Kattkattkatty,

Thank you very much for your kind words and lovely feed back.

We are sorry to hear that your first experience was an unnecessary round trip through the city of Frankfurt when we can understand the first thing anyone would want is to get settled into their room after a long travel such as yours.

We are very pleased that we were able to compensate this with our accommodation and service to turn things around for you and make the last stop to your 4 week round trip one to remember. It does indeed sound like you had an amazing time and took full advantage of your one night here in Frankfurt!

It would be our pleasure to welcome you to ROOMERS again in near future and we will be certain to modify the bedding to your liking for this occasion.

We hope you made it home safely and would like to thank you once more for spreading the "Roomers"

Best regards

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Been in Frankfurt over a weekend in April and honestly I decided to stay at Roomers based just on its sleek design.
The hotel was surprisingly good, I found it brilliant. If you're into this kind of architecture and if dark hallways and rooms are not a problem for you, then you'll love it!
Location is great: the main station is just around the corner, and central Frankfurt is walking distance.
Check-in and check out were smooth, we were even offered a glass of sparkling wine at the desk.
Our room (which was overlooking the street) was big enough, clean, with a stylish decor and a nice bathroom with a fab walk-in shower. Also found the bed really comfy, but as someone else already said here on TA, pillows are awful. They look good on the bed, but they're terrible for sleeping.
WiFi is free all over the building and that's a nice touch.
We did try their infamous bar on the ground floor: it was more tiny than expected but the atmosphere, the drinks and the people were great.. it was such a fun night! Maybe not the best place if you don't smoke as almost everyone was smoking, so you'd better consider this if you're planning a visit to this bar.
Such a pity I couldn't try their SPA.. it looked beautiful and I would have loved to spend some time pampering in there!

So, based on my experience, if only I had the chance to return to Frankfurt I would definitely come back to Roomers!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank interpol81
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Dear interpol81,

Thank you for spreading the “Roomers”. You hit the nail on its head with your description of the design and style that we represent. We are modern, stylish and unique and if one prefers more traditional hotels then ours is probably going to take an open mind!

Our bar is a hot spot in Frankfurt and due its size and popular demand, as most places in Europe, was voted to be smoking.

Once again we thank you for your kind words and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon in our hotel as well as our spa.
We would love to pamper you!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 April 2013

I try to be positive when reviewing, but with Roomers, I'm just left feeling a bit disappointed. It should have been a great stay, but it was just average... I don't expect much from Frankfurt, but when the hotel looks so cool, claims to offer so much, I had really high expectations that weren't met.

There are lots of positives about the hotel: it is a stylish hotel with well maintained public areas; the location is great for the station and central Frankfurt; the showers are lovely and the internet is free. In theory, I should be really positive about this hotel as it ticks all my boxes for what I'm looking for in a hotel, it's just all the minor (and I realise they are indeed minor) points that left me feeling disappointed by the hotel. I may have just been unlucky, but it was a sequence of events that build up in a bigger bad picture.

Check in was fine and the receptionist was lovely. I arrived at midday, when check-in is at 3pm. I don't expect a room free immediately, but I had to wait until 2pm for a room... which I suspect wasn't the one I booked (my reservation said "queen bed", but I got a single...). I've never been in a hotel where I've had to wait 2 hours for a room - usually they get the staff to make the room and it's about a 30 - 40 minute wait. I had to chase the room or they would have left me waiting all afternoon.

The room itself, as I say, is nice. However, there was no hand soap provided (I asked, just shower gel) and having used all the products, they weren't replaced the following day. I had a dribble of shampoo left - not sure what the cleaner thought I could do with that. I asked for more and from the tone of the staff member, I felt as though I'd asked for the impossible... they did arrive promptly though (albeit without a smile). Given the price, it seems incredibly mean to limit the products like this. I stay in hotels pretty much weekly in Europe and most items once they've been opened are replaced / topped up.

The bed is comfortable, but the pillow was awful. I think other people have complained on here, they really should just be replaced with ordinary pillows. When I got in from my meetings late at night, the last thing I want to complain about is a pillow. On this occasion, I didn't.

Annoyingly, in my room on the first floor you can 'feel' the music. It's sort of a bass noise that you can't quite hear, but is present in the background. Again, not loud enough to complain about but nevertheless an annoyance.

Finally, I had a rate that was exclusive of breakfast. At €29 for breakfast it was too expensive even for my generous expense account. Even in Paris, I've paid less for a buffet breakfast.

It's a nice hotel and I'm sure if you get a nice room, you'll love it. I'm sad to say, I didn't. Next time, I think I'll just go the Pure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear rrp20,

Firstly we would like to thank you for your time and input, all feed back and notions for improvement are greatly appreciated.

As you have pointed out ROOMERS is renowned for its unique, fresh style and thus popular with hip and regular business travelers such as yourself.

Upon your arrival, we were faced with the majority of our staff being occupied with the finalisations of an exhibition which unexpectedly surpassed its duration and therefore threw our otherwise well - planned schedule off course. Nevertheless, we by no means intended for this to be an excuse, nor is this a norm, we understand the value of first impressions and would most certainly wish for you to give us a chance to prove it to you.

Our l'occitane amenities are meant to allow our guests to feel pampered and comfortable, they are regularly not handled scarsely. Your experience has been forwarded to the respective department, who will ensure to be more cautious and precise in this respect.

Our bar is known as one of the hotspots in Frankfurt and enjoyed not only by our guests but equally as much by locals. We take great care in keeping the atmosphere as enjoyable as well as respectful to all our clientele as best we can.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for these series of inconveniences and with the valuable feed back you have given us, we would like to ask you kindly for a chance to prove to you that your initial expectations are those we strive to meet.

Please feel free to contact me directly under guestrelation@roomers.eu it would be my pleasure to handle the preparations for your next visit personally.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2013

That was the best hotel I've ever been to! Design of the hotel is impressive. Everything is perfect and look awesome. Breakfast is very tasty. Room is incredible, it is something completely differnt than in the other hotels. Bar is outstanding. Staff there and music are doing great job and the choice of good alcohols and drinks is unprecedented. It is hard for me to find words to describe this hotel. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear Michal S.,

Thank you very much for you lovely Feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Such great feedback is definitely a pure motivation for the whole staff
Should you like to stay with us again on your next visit to Frankfurt, it would be our pleasure to offer you a special something. Therefore you just need to contact me directly.

Regards from ROOMERS,

Reviewed 21 March 2013

It's my second time at Roomers and again I have found it wonderful. Maybe I can start from few negative aspects: in the rooms the wooden floor is crawled, the base of the shower is shaky and the bathroom faucets are not in perfect conditions (even if very nice and expensive models). Stop...... All the other aspects are perfect, expecially the breakfast and the spa. The atmosphere that you can find in this hotel, as at The Pure, is charming, different and unforgettable. It means a very good place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Ab69,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We really appreciate your comments.
As well, we are not perfect and try to repair the nagged things you suggested.

We are glad that you had a great time and like the special atmosphere.
It would be a pleasure to meet you in person someday. Feel free to contact me via guestrelation@roomers.eu for your next stay.

Greetings from ROOMERS,

Reviewed 19 March 2013

mid-high 5star hotel, located close to the hauptbahnhof (central station). rooms are ok, bit to dark.
house-keeping service was awful. ordered a shower cap 2 times by phone, nobody came.
breakfast was nice as well as the bar.
in summary i would come again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear ashkankey,

thank you for your Feedback and for taking the time for sharing your experience.
Indeed, our design color concept is mainly dominated by dark colors - which is of course subjective to each person's taste.
The shower cap is in the box on the sink. I am Sorry that nodbody came to your room and gave you a new one.

I hope to welcome you as our guest again.
Please contact me directly under guestrelation@roomers.eu.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in March 2013. The front doors of the hotel are always closed and are a little imposing on arrival, to the point we weren't sure what to do, until the doormen opened them for us. The check in process was easy, they were able to check us into our room early without issue. The room was a standard with a king size bed, the size of the room was pretty small but typical of European hotels. The dark furnishings are nice to look at but after a while you tend to feel a little closed in, especially as the whole hotel runs with this theme.

Bathroom - small, but with plenty of space for your toiletries on the vanity, the shower was a little pokey but good water pressure, only problem being that due to the design of the drainage, we found the water tended to end up outside the shower, right in the walkway. They have loccitane toiletries, very nice.

Room - We consider ourselves to be up with it in relation to technology, but found the lighting controls to be too much like hard work! I'm still not sure we were using the controls correctly, but overall it really shouldn't be that hard to turn your lights on and off! On a positive note, there is fee wifi.

Bedding - hated the pillows! The only pillows on the bed where very soft downy European style pillows (large square) and these were really difficult to sleep with! We did not request anything different though, so not sure if anything else is available.

Restaurant - waitstaff were lovely, food was pretty good but expensive, as is normal with most hotel restaurants. We chose to eat off the casual menu, however there was a more upscale alacarte menu that was more expensive.

Bar - I enjoyed the bar despite the fact it was a smoking bar. Free canapés and table service, lounge style music and nice staff. Our room was positioned directly above the bar - despite my request during booking for a room on a higher level specifically to be away from the bar as I am a light sleeper - however I didn't find the noise from the music too much of a disruption. There was some heavy base getting through later into the night but not enough to keep me awake.

Gym - small but with a good variety of cardio equipment, a pretty heavy duty all in one gym machine and free weights. No one was ever there when we went there, so it's quiet too, and being on the top level has a nice wall of windows to look out at the view.

We paid a fair bit for this hotel, more than I felt was warranted but I later found out there was a large convention on during our stay and prices are usually inflated when this happens. It has all the amenities you need, is clean and neat, and has a certain style that will appeal to those liking something different with a boutique/design feel. It's also not far to walk to the shopping precinct and the old town, plus close to the train station. I'm not sure we would stay here again but that is more due to personal taste then anything being wrong with the hotel itself.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Dear Sarah W.,

Thank you so much spending your time to share your experience with us. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay at ROOMERS.
I will certainly share your comments with our team.

The lighting system is pre-programmed with different settings; for example a make-up or shaving light in the bathroom area and a reading light in bed area. From the light panel you could also either turn on the light very bright or dim it according to your mood. I do apologize if you were not informed about this upon check-in.

We also have other pillows in the hotel, if you give us a call next time we provide you pillows which are a bit tighter.

We´re also glad, that you spent a lovely evening in our Restaurant and the ROOMERS Bar.
You have to come back in summer, the outdoor area is so gorgeous.

It would be great to have you again at ROOMERS, should you visit Frankfurt again in the near future. Therefore please be so kind to contact me directly should you wish to book a room, in order for me to take care of the necessaries personally.